Thursday 3 September 2009

The Places You'll Go Sneak Peek

Today starts the Taylored Expressions Sneak Peeks!
This is the next edition to TE Giving Tree series. It's called The Places You'll Go and it helps support the Books for Kids Foundation. Their mission is to promote literacy among all children with a special emphasis on low-income and at-risk preschool-aged children. Books for Kids creates libraries, donates books, and partners with literacy programs to develop the critical early foundation and skills which young children need to be successful in life. For each The Places You'll Go stamp set sold during the quarter, Taylored Expressions will donate $7.00 to the Books for Kids Foundation.
I have created this card below to give to Chloe as she starts 5th grade. The inside reads...
Congratulations! Today is your day. You're off to Great Places! You're off and away! Dr. Seuss.
I've used the Places You'll Go Key Ingredients kit to create my card. Isn't this DP FANTASTIC? Fun, eh?! How about that cool button with ribbon! It's all included in this KI kit...you won't want to miss out on it ;)
Did you see the new Baker's Dozen?? I'm so excited to be working with everyone again for the next 6 months!

Thanks for stopping by today! I'll be back tomorrow with more ATS and Taylored Expressions Sneak Peeks! Told you it'd be a busy week :)

21 comments:

Taylor said...

So adorable, Dawn!! Love how you incorporated all the elements of the KI in your card!

Karen Motz said...

Fun card Dawn! I love how you coloured the balloon and made the paper look like it was torn from a book!

Jodi Collins said...

FAB Dawn! LOVE your clean design,rockin layout and awesome coloring! This is AMAZING!!!

TannyP said...

Grade 5 already?! Wow - time flies!

Fabulous card!!

Donna Baker said...

sweet card! love the spiral punch with this set!

Jami said...

Your card is just perfect - all the elements work together to make a card your 5th grader will love! I know I love it!

Kelly Schelske said...

Fabulous Dawn! Love those papers and the fun colors, super job!

Hugs, Kelly

Cindy Haffner said...

Lovin this Dawn great paper!!!

Karen Giron said...

What a perfect card! I love the button with the bow (you know me!) and the spiral punch too! And, did you just say "eh?" in your post? You are too cute!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my gosh, Dawn, I LOOOOVE this card. Seriously, girl, WOW!! Love the papers you used and that punched edge. FANTASTIC card!!!

Ida said...

Super card. So colorful and fun.

Sharon Harnist said...

(Sigh) -- I'll have a 5th grader NEXT year! Love the bright colors you used, Dawn, and the notebook paper punch -- your daughter will love it, too!

Jackie Pedro said...

This card is awesome, Dawn!! Thank you so much for the warm welcome!!!

Sankari W. said...

What a great fun layout and card Dawn!!! I KNOW that Ms. Chole will LOVE it!!! The colors and the paper piecing and the little notebook punch on the side are all fan-tas-tic!!!! your bow and yummy yellow button is the perfect finishing touch!!!
You ROCK out the inspiration as always Dawn!!!!
Sending you a TON o Hugs!!!
Sankari :)

Crystal said...

Dawn what a fun fun card and layout!! I LOVE these bright cheery colors and this looks amazing!

Silke Ledlow said...

Super cute card - Dawn!!! Love the fun colors!!!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Love this! The spiral edging is perfect for your card! Love the multi coloured ballon image...fabulous Dawn!

Jen Tapler said...

Wow! This is so perfect Dawn! I love it. I'm pretty sure you've convinced me I'll need BOTH the stamp set AND the key ingredients!!

Carolina said...

Just sooo adorable! Your designs are always so crisp and clean...just perfect!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Adorable card, Dawn! So fresh and gorgeous!

Rose Ann said...

This is such a wonderful card for Chloe! I bet she loved it!! Great papers and darling image too!! I love your spiral bordering, twill/button!!