Wednesday 29 August 2012

Well Read Bookmark

Good Wednesday Morning!

Yesterday I had an out of town trip for work and that always makes my week go by faster....love that!
Although when I get home after all that driving I am super tired and have no energy to stamp :(

Luckily on Monday evening I had time and energy to play along with Joan's TLC on SCS.
You were to make this really simple bookmark using scraps of paper.
Mine was a 2.5 x 11 piece of kraft.
I added some MME dp that had a pretty floral pattern in the corner. Two rows of polka dot scallops.
It was really simple to make. Fold the kraft in half and sew about a 1/2 inch down so that the bookmark will fit over the page in your book. I punched two holes close to the top with my cropadile and thread two pieces of ribbon through the holes and tied a bow. The image is from MFT and is called Book In Hand.
I coloured her with copics and cut her out. The pink sweater really isn't that bright in real life...hmmmm.
Thanks for stopping by today!

9 comments:

Marisa said...

This is adorable, Dawn! Love the scallops at the top.

Kelly Schelske said...

It's so cute Dawn!

MarvA1ix said...

that is so cute. Who would not love to find that in their back to school bookbag?

Queen Mary said...

Gorgeous!

Cindy Haffner said...

Way SWEET!~

Amy Johnson said...

Love it!

Vicki Burdick said...

Love this, so sweet!!!!!

Joan Ervin said...

This is the cutest bookmark in the whole gallery, Dawn...she is absolutely adorable!!!!!

Denise Marzec said...

I love this fold for a bookmark. I'm going to have to check out that TLC. Love what you've done here with the pretty scallops and ribbon. Very pretty, my dear. :)