Thursday 7 June 2007

Much Appreciated!


Ok so I took the layout for this card from the cover of the preview catty. My new supplies have yet to arrive...ugh...sometime next week for me!
I needed to make a thank you card of some sort for one of the teachers at school. I'm REALLY hoping that she will be Chloe's teacher for grade 3 next year. This teacher is FANTASTIC in math and that is where Chloe is struggling at the moment. She's learning to count money. She can SPEND it no problem but counting is another story...LOL. Anyway, this teacher today saw Chloe sitting in the library early this morning working on some math before school, so she stopped by to see what she was doing. When she saw that Chloe was struggling with it, she sat with her for almost 30 minutes helping her!! Then later that morning while I was doing some work at school she came by and gave me some cards and explained a couple of games to play with Chloe. I was so excited I could have just hugged her!!! I work in a school and I can tell you I don't see that kind of stuff very often anymore. Three things really impressed me. One, she isn't even Chloe's teacher. Two, she doesn't teach grade 2 math but helped. Three, it was her day off but was there to do a couple of prep things and leave. Oh and a fourth...LOL...she gave me that game and ideas to help my daughter!!!
I sure hope she likes this card because I enjoyed making it for her!
Supplies Used:
Stamp Sets: Office Accoutrement and Much Appreciated
Cardstock: Cool Caribbean, Close to Cocoa and Whisper White and Petals and Paisley DP
Inks: Pale Plum, Perfect Plum(marker) and Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Soft Subltes Button, Flirty Ribbon and some Non-SU Ribbon, 7/8" circle punch and chipboard corner

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey girlie .. I know she will LOVE your card it is just Darling .. I love to make things we see in our Fab-O SU! Magazines/mini's cause it always looks so much better IRL HUH?
very cute card .. would love to see her face when she gets it
xox
Dawn Griffith