Sunday 21 December 2008

Thank You Cards

I'm finally moving on to Thank You cards. Although I really enjoy making Christmas cards, I'm always happy when it comes to an end.

This first one is for Taylor's sketch on her blog TECC47.

It's been a long time since I've used any Unity stamps and this cupcake has always been a fave of mine!
Stamps: Cupcakes ala Yummy!, Pocket Silhouettes; Cardstock: Regal Rose, choc chip, Pumpkin, Pretty in Pink, WW and American crafts dp; Inks: Adirondack black, choc chip; Accessories: Copics, Regal Rose Ribbon, Brads, Mat pack and Paper piercer, Circle Nesties, Dimensionals

Here is a card I made using Jen's sketch on her blog i{heart}2stamp.

This is a SU! only card but it does use some retired Hodge Podge Hardware and the Circle of Friendship stamp set. I'm so glad I didn't part with that set. It has so many fabulous sentiments in it for all occasions.

I hope that everyone is staying warm and dry! It's bitterly cold here still and looks to stay that way until next weekend. So glad we are NOT set to travel for the holiday.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Stamps: Season of Friendship, Circle of Friendship; Cardstock: Baja, Red, Choc, WW, Ski Slope DP; Inks: Choc, Red, Baja; Accessories: Top note die, circle punches, red grosgrain, HPH, paper piercer, dimensionals

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are both so great! Love your take on Taylor's sketch and love the use of stamp sets you already have (circle of friendship). Thanks for the great inspiration!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the piercing on the cupcake card and all the layers of circles. What a cute way to mat a smaller image!

Denise Marzec said...

Very pretty cards! I think I need start making TY cards just like you're doing. I've been so busy making Christmas cards that my stash of "other" cards is getting reeeeally low.

Cindy Haffner said...

Love all your casrds Dawn, Christmas Thank-you, whatever.

Denise said...

Great job on both challenges Dawn! I love the tri colored brads in TECC, perfect touch!! :)

Jessie/knightrone said...

Super cute thank you cards Dawn..try to stay warm!!

Renée said...

fab cards, Dawn! Love the colours!!

It's freakishly cold, isn't it?? Stay warm!!

Allison Rankin said...

Great job on both SCs! I wish I didn't have to work tonight or I would try these out myself!

Lori said...

Fabulous thank you cards! I love the lots of layered circles under the cupcake image--looks great.

Kelly Schelske said...

Fab cards Dawn!! Great job on both challenges!!

Jacquel said...

Supah cute cards Dawn! try and stay warm...it's really freezing here and everything is icy!!

Rose Ann said...

I love your yummy cupcake card, and all of those layers behind your cupcake!! I love your piercing as well!! I love your wintry tree as well!! Pretty colors/papers!! Great cards, Dawn!!

Anonymous said...

These are both great!!! But they're ALL ALWAYS great!! :)