Monday 22 June 2009

Cowboy Ethan & Cowgirl Ava

Good Morning!
I have some EXCITING stuff to share with you today!

Last week our dear friend and fellow My Time Team member, Alicia lost her son.
Ethan was super special and you can read up on it all here on Alicia's blog. She is amazing.

Lauren is such a giving person and wanted to do something to honour Ethan's memory. She teamed up with Melissa from Pink Cat Studio to design some digi images called Cowboy Ethan and Cowgirl Ava. All proceeds from these images will go to the Make a Wish Foundation. Stop by the Pink Cat Studio page HERE that Melissa set up to read all the details.

Here are a couple samples I made with the images.
Digi Images: Cowboy Ethan; Cardstock: Choc chip, Old olive, White and Scenic route dp; Inks: Copics; Accessories: Nesties, Brads, HPH, Ribbon, Small Star punch, Dimensionals
This one uses both Cowgirl Ava and Cowboy Ethan. Being that these are digi images you can take them into your photo editing program and move them around. I choose to put them together and made it look like they were holding hands.
Digi Images: Cowboy Ethan, Cowgirl Ava; Cardstock: White, Pink Pirouette, Bashful Blue, Close to Cocoa, DP; Inks: Copics; Accessories: Nesties, HPH, Wavy Border Punch, Dimensionals
Now for more inspiration on these images stop by the My Time To Create Team Blogs:
Thanks for stopping by today!

19 comments:

Paula Barin said...

What a wonderful tribute to Ethan. I just learned of his passing. He's resting in the arms of God now.

Cute cards, I love the brads. The second card reminds me of Ethan holding his sister's hand in one of the pictures on Alicia's blog.

Cindy Haffner said...

Your cards are wonderful in honor of Ethan. Hugs Cindy xxoo

Tamara said...

These are fantastic. I love the star brads on the first card, and the second is adorable with the two of them holding hands.

DoxieGirl said...

Such sweet cards Dawn! Love that second one!
~Kendra

Niki Estes said...

What cute images and a great tribute to Ethan. Your cards are both adorable, Dawn!

Unknown said...

These are AWESOME Dawn!! I love them both...fun colors, and great layouts too...

Carolina said...

What a beautiful way to pay tribute to Ethan and you've outdone yourself with these samples - love them both!!!

Denise Marzec said...

Totally sweet cards, Dawn!

Connie M. said...

These are both just so very fun, Dawn!! Love these adorable images, and what you did with them!

Jessie/knightrone said...

So super cute!!

Carolyn King said...

oh my goodness..how tragic. I love your adorable cards and the touching tribute.

Heidi said...

Oh my- these are sweet girl! What a tradgedy for any family to go through and thoughtful gesture.

Joan Ervin said...

What darling cards, Dawn...your coloring is out of this world!!! I am sooo sorry about little Ethan...This is such a wonderful tribute to Ethan and his family!!!

Cheryl said...

Awesome! But I am partial to anything western too....just adorable!

Bethany Paull said...

Oh Dawn! These are so sweet. The Scenic Route DP is a perfect match with that image.

Maria said...

I love both your cards, dawn! It surely made Ethan smile. Although the situation is a sad one, this promotion is going to a wonderful cause. I love the colors of both your cards...so adorable. I especially love the one with both Cowboy Ethan and Ava. . .so cute. Love the brads that you added.

Maria

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Oh, Dawn. Thank you for posting this -- I've had a crazy month and hadn't heard of Ethan's passing. Alicia and I met by chance last fall (in an elevator, believe it or not) when both of our boys were hospitalized in St. Louis. I will definitely be heading straight to PCS and downloading sweet Ethan in tribute.

Jackie Pedro said...

This story just broke my heart....I absolutely love your cards...darling!

Kelly Schelske said...

They are both fabulous Dawn!!