Saturday 27 June 2009

Howdy! My Time Challenge

Happy Saturday!!
I'm so excited that the weekend is HERE!!! I have two days to just relax and stamp if I want to....ahhhhh paradise eh?
Today is Lauren's My Time To Create Challenge and this week it's a colour challenge.
I decided to use Really Rust, Old Olive, More Mustard and Choc Chip for my colours.

Of course I wanted to use a Weiman Wrangler again too! This is Cowboy Ethan. You can buy the digi image HERE and all proceeds will be going to the Make A Wish Foundation.
While you are on the Pink Cat Studio web page...take a look at the total raised so far!!! It's amazing!! Thank you to everyone who has downloaded the images!
Digi Images: Cowboy Ethan; Cardstock: PTI white, Really Rust, Old Olive, Choc Chip, More Mustard DSP; Accessories: Copics, Star punches, Oval Nesties, Ribbon, Mat pack and Paper piercer, Antique Brad, Dimensionals
Now stop on by the My Team To Create Blogs(listed on my right side bar) and see what fabulous creation they came up with...I know it's amazing ;)
Have a WONDERFUL weekend!!!
ETA: Brenda just asked about using the digi image and I thought I'd answer here in case others have questions too :) When you download the image you can resize it to ANY size you like which is a nice feature...especially with sentiments that you want smaller to fit into say a punch you'd like to use. As for what I print on....it's usually just white cardstock. My printer doesn't like THICK cardstock so I usually use Whisper White, GinaK, Taylored Expressions or even Georgia Pacific from Walmart...lol
Hope I've helped Brenda...if not...shoot me an email!

23 comments:

AKiteFlier said...

Dawn this is adorable. Your coloring is great and I love the double star effect too. I'm so thrilled that so many have purchased the images already and with inspiration like yours there's surely more to come.

Me, My Stamps and I said...

such lovely colors !!!!and the design...gorgeous, DAwn!!!!!
tfs:)
chat

Marie Bingaman said...

Morning Dawn! Happy weekend to you! Sure is nice to have the option of doing NOTHING, isn't it? LOL This card is adorable! :)

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh Dawn, this is SO dang cute!! I love the little ribbon and the Ethan image is darling!!! Have fun stamping this weekend!

Unknown said...

Absolutely ADORABLE Dawn -- love that fringe, and the stars too!! Hope you enjoy 'doing nothing' :) Happy weekend!

Cindy Haffner said...

lOVIN THIS DAWN, ENJOY YOUR WEEK-END!!!

Lisa Kind said...

Love this, Dawn! I especially love your ribbon treatment...so cool!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my gosh, HOW did you do the ribbon?...are the hanging tabs the actual ribbon or is it paper? AWESOME looking ribbon treatment!

Allison Rankin said...

Terrificly fun chickadee!

DoxieGirl said...

So adorable! Love all of the elements that you've put together. And I finally figured out that it's you who makes me want those star punches! I love how you use them as a great embellishment!
Great card as always! Have a great relaxing weekend!
~Kendra

Dana Gustafson said...

So cute Dawn! I live the grid paper paired with the scalloped and piered mat and the trim!!! Excellent!

Bethany Paull said...

So sweet! I love your fringed trim.

Renée said...

How cute is this?! Love the fringe, love the layout!

Kristin Eberline said...

OMG Dawn! Your creativity never fails to amaze me! You come up with the most incredible layouts and such clean designs...I always love your work. The way you distributed the colors on your card for the challenge are so perfect! Love the ribbon and how you used the dp for the layered star! GORGEOUS!!

Maria said...

great job Dawn. I love how you made the "fringe"

Christina Fischer said...

Oh, I love these colors! And what a fun card -- just too cute! :)

Brenda said...

Dawn...This card is sooo darn cute. I love it. You are one creative lady!! I do have a question about the digi stamp. I have never purchased one. Once you download it do you print it out on cardstock or what? Just needed to know. It is such a good cause that I will probably purchase one anyway but would love to know how to use it.

Silke Ledlow said...

Super cute card - Dawn!!! You rocked the colors!!! Hugs ~S~

Handmade by Odette said...

Dawn, I like your card so much, your colors look so clean !!

Gina said...

I love the fringe-y ribbon at the bottom of the card! This is precious.

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh this is so cute!!! I love the fringe!!

Rose Ann said...

Little Ethan is so cute, and I love the papers and your ribbon treatment!!

Stamp and Smile said...

SUPER CUTE CARD!! Love the clean lines and your ribbon treatment rocks! Happy you had a couple days to enjoy with NO LONG commutes... I have no patience for it either! LOL... low on my "LIKE" list! :)