Saturday 9 August 2008

Come play a challenge!

Good Saturday Morning!
I'm happy it's the weekend! I'm going to stay in the basement all day!! We have been in a heat wave here and I'm thankful that Brian talked me into a portable air conditioner from Costco a few weeks ago!
Are you all ready to play in a couple of challenges?!
My first card is a combination of two fantastic challenges.
This week I challenged the girls from Our Creative Corner to make a card with NO designer paper and a MAX of 4 layers! I LOVE to layer so this was a great challenge. Of course once I sat down to make something, I was LOST...but thankfully I had Lauren's Saturday sketch to use and it was perfect for the max layers!!
I'd recently gotten this new Unity stamp set called Diva-Lish and couldn't wait to ink it up!
I paired the new SU! In Colour Pacific Point with PTI's Lemon Tart. I like the combo...what do you think?
Don't forget to check out the other OCC girls cards as well! Plus Julee is joining us again!
Stamps: Diva-Lish; Cardstock: Pacific Point, PTI Lemon Tart, PTI white; Inks: Pacific Point; Accessories: PTI ribbon, Square Crystal Brads, Swiss Dots embossing folder, Primas, Dimensionals
Lauren's sketch team:
Be sure to check out what the other girls have done with the sketch as well!
I've got another Anni-VERVE-sary card to share with you today. Have I mentioned how much I am loving these sketches each day?! Julee is rocking them out!! I've got four more to work on this weekend...yah!
Stamps: Fluttering By; Cardstock: Riding Hood Red, Pink Pirouette, WW and Bella Rose DP; Inks:Riding Hood Red, Pink Pirouette; Accessories: Aqua Painter, Oval Nesties, May Arts Ribbon, SU! scalloped edge punch, Corner rounder punch, Dimensionals,Pearls
I've got another cool sneak peek from CC Designs to share with you today! Christine has come up with some awesome scene stamps. I'm loving these since I can't draw a blade of grass...lol You will find clouds, grass, flowers...it's a must have set! It will be available on August 11th from All That Scraps.
Thanks for stopping by today!

30 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your thinking about the little things... I especially love the card with the butterfly.

shir

Jami said...

I just love the Pacific Point/Lemon Tart color combo... so rich!! What a fun stamp too. Love it!!

Christina Fischer said...

LOVE the color combination on your first card! All of your cards are terrific as usual!

I hope you get a lot of stamping done today -- stay cool! :)

Rhonda Kelly said...

Great cards! Gotta check out the challenge on OCC, I am still working on Verve too.
These are just fabulous and I couldn't imagine not using DP!!! Great idea for a challenge though.
Thanks for sharing.

Denise Marzec said...

Awesome cards, Dawn! I love the Diva silhouette with Pacific Point...and great idea to pair it with Lemon Tart!!

Love what you did with the Bella Rosa paper on the second card, and those birds from CC Designs are adorable!!

Paula442 said...

Love your butterfly card. The DSP is one of my favorites. Your cards are just so full of life. It must be like Christmas when a recipient gets a card from you!

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh you killed the challenges again! LOVE IT!!! They are all just fabulous. Your sketch card uses fabulous unique colors too!!

Justine said...

I love the colors and the clouds. Did you sketch the grass?

Justine said...

Ahaaaa, I should actually read sometimes rather than just look at the pictures. Gonna have to check out that stamp set!

Cindy Haffner said...

Way to rock all these cards, i love them all. Love that diva, she is rockin'.

Anonymous said...

wow, that Diva card just JUMPS off the screen, and I love bright so you know I love it!! Awesome job on all the cards!

Lainy's Little Blog said...

Gorgeous cards. I particularly love the butterfly one. So effective. I'm glad the sun is shining somewhere at the moment as in Scotland it is pouring with rain! More like Autumn here at the moment! Enjoy your weekend. Hugs, Lainy x

Anonymous said...

All your cards are great. I like the Pacific Blue/Lemon Tart colors together. Have a great weekend.
JoAnn B. scrappingnana4@yahoo.com

Ashley Newell said...

Awww, all these cards are super cute!

Michelle said...

What gorgeous cards Dawn! I just love the middle one.

Unknown said...

I love the DP on you're birdie card and how you masked the grass and birdies!! Cute!

Deborah said...

Sounds like you are nice and settled in for the day stamping! Your trio of cards are just wonderful! I know I am going to be ordering the new Bella Rose paper! My grand daughter's name is Bella Rose! Gotta love it! Deb

Jennifer Meyer said...

Stunning cards Dawn, the Anni-Verve-sary card really caught my eye! LOVE all three and you are just incredible with your stamps!!!

Hugs,
Jennifer :)

Sew Club said...

Three awesome cards! Love them all, Girlie!

Allison said...

Great set of cards! All so different but so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Dawn, these are fantastic!! You really issued a hard challenge...almost "did me in"!! LOL! The Anni-VERVE-sary card is just breathtaking!!

K said...

I love the blue and yellow colors together. They look so refreshing. Cool diva!

Kim Gasper said...

These are all darling. I love the diva-lish image and the rhinestones. The pearls add elegance tot the butterfly. I have that stamp, I really should ink it up soon. I love how you cut out the clouds to put above the bird bath. Very cute!

Jennifer Love said...

I LOVE your OCC design this week! YIKES so fantastic!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

I made 3 cards today and thought I did something and I come here and see all your beautiful creations! I dont know how you do it! Fantastic cards!

Kelly Schelske said...

Hey Dawn!! Wowee girlfirend, love them all...the color combo on the first one is awesome and I love the butterfly and PP nt he second and the 3rd is just oh so stinkin' cute!!

Lynda Benden said...

Wow, you HAVE been busy!!! All of your cards are just wonderful! You gave us a wonderful challenge and your card was awesome Dawn!

Rose Ann said...

Your Diva card is so cute, and I love all of the bling! Your butterfly card is so pretty, and the birds are adorable!! Fantastic cards, Dawn!!

Alicia Weiman said...

Love all of these cards. I like the added "Bling" with the Rhinestones on Lauren's sketch. The flower is so cute too.

Alison said...

Great cards, love them.