Saturday 16 August 2008

Sketch Day...and Vacation Time!

Good Saturday Morning!

As you read this today....we are well on our way for our vacation!! Brian wanted an EARLY start at like 3 am...ugh...he wanted to be at the Canadian/US border by 9 so the wait won't be so long...lol
Before I start did you all see the newest Dirty Girls on SCS....our very own Amy Sheffer from the OCC and Cindy Lawrence. Congrats girls!

Today I have a couple of sketch challenge cards to share with you.

This first one is for Our Creative Corner. As you know I'm the August hostess and this week I came up with a sketch for the girls. You will see that my sample is a little different than the sketch. I decided to do a tall card and rather than do scallops on the bottom, I went with a row of stars to match my designer paper ;)

I did make another card using this sketch and if you are a fan club member at SCS then you may have seen THIS one in this months Fan Club Gallery yesterday.
Don't forget to check out all the other girls cards either on the OCC blog or at their own blogs which you can find on the right sidebar ;)

Julee has made another fabulous sample this week as well!

Here is the sketch!
I hope that you will play along and if you upload to SCS to use the keywords OCCC so we can find all your fabulous creations!

This is my card for Lauren's awesome sketch this week! Be sure to pop on over to her blog and see what everyone else on her sketch team is up to!

Thanks for stopping by!

25 comments:

Maria said...

Awesome sketch Dawn I will try and play this week. And great job on Lauren's sketch!! Have a great vacation!!

Denise Marzec said...

Love how you changed out the scallops for stars...very creative. That's a great card for Lauren's sketch too...looks like a fun one!

Anonymous said...

Awesome cards, Dawn! Hope you're enjoying your early morning vacation =)
I'll definitely give the sketch a try - looks fantastic!

Anonymous said...

I have this stamp and I LOVE coloring them up "Halloween", your card is darling! TFS!

corinnesomerville said...

Great sketch and your cards are fantastic (as usual)!! Have a fantastic vacation and just enjoy every moment and forget about blogging for a week and just soak up your family !!!

Love ya!!

K said...

These cards are just beautiful! I love the one for Lauren's sketch. The rocketship, the squares, it just looks great!

Cindy Haffner said...

Cool Dawn,how's the holiday going, super hot here this week end!

Ashley Newell said...

Super cute cards Dawn! Have a great vacation!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love both of these careds! I hope you're having a great vacation!!!

Maria said...

Oooh, both cards are awesome, Dawn!

I love how you are starting on Halloween! The colors of your card are so bright and festive. Beautiful!! Great job on the sketch!!

I love the second card and how it's layered. The layout is fabulous!!

Maria

Alex said...

These are soooo cute Dawn!!! Have fun on your vacation!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Since it is 2 you must have made the US border..LOL
Nothing like an early start. Fun sketches to try. I am lovin the new MFT Halloween stamps. Have fun on your vacation

Mandy said...

What fun cards! Both of these are fantastic!!

Donna Baker said...

fun cards - love both sketches! will have to try them both out-have fun on vacation!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, Dawn, these are both great but that witch one is over the top! I love the bright colors and stars! Have a great vacation!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Cute card Dawn, LOVE the fun design, awesome colors and darling DP.

Hope you have a blast on vacation, be safe!

Hugs, Jennifer :)

Rose Ann said...

Both of your cards are wonderful, Dawn (I will have to check out your DD one). I hope you have a fun & safe trip!!

Deborah said...

3 AM! Yikes! Hope you had your Tim Hortons going on! Love your stars card, great challenge card! Your rocke is adorable Daawn! Enjoy your trip to the fab USA! Great shopping! Deb

Lynda Benden said...

Hope you are having fun Dawn!!! Both cards are awesome! I LOVE the bright colors you used!

Anonymous said...

I love that witch card! fun colors and layout...I gotta try your sketch this week girl!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Fabulous cards, Dawn. Loved your sketch this week! Hope you're having a blast on vacay! :)

Alicia Weiman said...

Love your cards. Great job on the sketches! The wiches feet are just too cute!

Lauren (mytime) said...

I can't believe you did all these posts and stuff before leaving for vacation! What are you going to with no stamps!!! These are just awsome Dawn! Love every single cheery one. Enjoy your time away.

Christina Fischer said...

These are fantastic!! The witchy card is so darn cute -- love the colors and the row of stars!

LOUISE said...

Love your card Dawn, colours are nice and bright! Louise x