Sunday 10 August 2008

It's RACE DAY!

Good Sunday Morning!
I know I say it most Sundays...but it's RACE Day! I feel a win for Jeff Gordon today! Yah! Maybe you all could cheer for him too...lol
Yesterday I said I was going to stamp all day Saturday but believe it or not I didn't stamp a thing! I know....shocking eh? Luckily I have stamped a TON lately and have stuff to show. On Friday, Julee posted all the Anni-VERVE-sary sketches so we could get ahead start...thank goodness too!
This first one is for sketch #9.
Stamps: Asian Flair; Cardstock: Artichoke, So Saffron, WW; Inks: Saffron and Artichoke; Accessories: CB embossing folder, Mat pack and Paper Piercer, Artichoke Grosgrain, Pearls, Dimensionals
This is for sketch #10.
Stamps: Floral Whimsy; Cardstock: Groovy Guava, Tangerine Tango, Kiwi Kiss, WW and Chatterbox DP; Inks: Tangerine; Accessories: Martha Butterfly Punch, Dew Drops, Circle Punch, Dimensionals
Storage Units, Ink & More have the cutest back to school set called A touch of class and when I saw it, I knew I wanted to make Chloe a backpack tag! These are little self laminating business card protectors that I purchased at Walmart in the business section. I added a key ring and some ribbon to finish it off. Since I don't like to put her name on the outside of her backpack, for saftey reason, I've added a piece of designer paper to the backside to fancy it up! Isn't it cute?!

Tomorrow is THE day that we can order from SU! I need to finalize my order...I know I can't get it all....not with leaving for vacation this week....but I sure want it all....haha!
Also....I noticed I passed the 200,000 blog hits...WOW! I just hit 100,000 the beginning of May...you all are amazing and to thank you....I'll have some blog candy soon....after my holidays ;)

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fab cards Dawn....so perfect as always. The tag is sweet too. Hope you have a lovely hol....congrats on the huge number of hits...woohoo!

Ifat Art said...

The pink card is absolutely amazing!
I Love your work!
IfatArt.

Christina Fischer said...

Fantastic sketch cards, and your backpack tag is too cute!

Congrats on all the hits -- doesn't surprise me at all! :)

Rhonda Kelly said...

WOW! Dawn I love both of those cards! They are so great. I love the color combo of the yellow and green one. So pretty. Fabulous job as always! Thanks for sharing. I have to get busy on my sketches too!
And I am sorry I just can't pull for Gordon, our household is a Stewart fan! :-)

Anonymous said...

Maybe we could all cheer for Gordon too? AND THEN YOU WOKE UP! Cute idea on the backpack tag - you know I love all the different ideas and things you can do with your craft!

MaryAnn Grove said...

will most likely case both cards. they are great. The backpack tag is just too cute. thanks for sharing..MaryAnn

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards as always! Thanks so much for sharing your talent.

Anonymous said...

Great cards - both absolutely beautiful as usual =)
Thanks for sharing!

Cindy Haffner said...

You are rockin' these challenges girl, love them.

Nancy Riley said...

YOU took a day off from stamping?! I don't believe it! LOL!

Dawn, these cards are GORGEOUS!!! Both of them have GOT to be in my "FAVORITE DAWN DESIGNS"! You're amazing!!!

Kim's Life said...

I just absolutely love your cards! The one for schedule #10 is so beautiful!!! Thank you for sharing!

Rose Ann said...

Your cards are so very beautiful, Dawn!!! I love the colors and papers....and everything about them!! Your tag is adorable as well!!

Thank for the 'blog love' while I was away!! I know I have lots to catch up on. *wink*

Allison said...

Love your takes on the Verve sketches. I had such a hard time with AVS10 but yours is stunning!

Kelly Schelske said...

Awesome work Dawn, you are a challenge rockstar!!! I'm lucky if I get one done a month....I'll cheer on Jeff Gordon will ya although I know nothing about that sport;-) Kelly

Denise Marzec said...

oooooh, Saffron and Artichoke...I need to go try that. It's beautiful!!...especially paired with pearls and butterflies!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Awesome cards! Love the color combinations, the dry embossing, the dew drops and pearls... TFS!

Anonymous said...

Cute cards. I'm a Little E fan myself. Wasn't that a great crash near the end of the race today?

Dana Rose said...

Hello. I was blog surfing and came across your page. I really like the card with the Eleanor Roosevelt quote. The colors are beautiful!

Vickilyn said...

Beautiful card Dawn! Sorry about Jeff! Go KYLE!

Vicki

kathy b said...

Great cards, cute tag, boring race! Jeffy needs to fire Steve Latarte and Nascar needs to get rid of the COT because it is a dud. We are watching more IRL & drag racing to supplement the dull Sprint Cup series. Jeff is our fave, too. Have a great vacation! I wish I had the new SU! catalog. I'm dying to see what's new!!!

Julia Aston said...

Gosh - your cards are just gorgeous Dawn! love the fun tag too!

Bethany Paull said...

Love the natural feel of your first card, with those textures, colors and images.

Jennifer Meyer said...

FABULOUS cards Dawn!!! Your cards for the Verve challenge are just gorgeous!!!

LOVE the cute tag too, super sweet!

Have a great time on vacation just in case I forget to tell you!

Hugs, Jennifer :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards, Dawn,and the tag is adorable!! I should make something like that for my daughter too!

Sankari W. said...

beautiful cards dawn - love that last one - the colors are so beautiful! You always amaze me!