Wednesday 19 November 2008

Challenges galore!

Yeah! It's Wednesday! Thank goodness!
Only a couple more days til our weekend getaway!!!
I've got a lot to show you today as it's the SUINK Whachadoin' Wednesday Challenge and ATS challenge as well.
First I wanted to show you my colour combo cards from yesterday...
Real Red, Black, Kraft
This first one is a SU! Only card.
I used a fave set, Upsy Daisy!
Stamps: Upsy Daisy; Cardstock: Real Red, Black, Kraft and Hostess dp pack; Inks: Real Red and Black; Accessories: SU scalloped edge punch, Black grosgrain, Dimensionals
Here is the second card I made using the Colour Combo....
I used the Santa from Sugarplum North Pole which is available from CC Designs at All That Scraps.
Stamps: Sugarplum North Pole; Cardstock: Real Red, Black, Kraft, Shimmery White and Hostess pack dp; Inks: Palette Noir Black; Accessories: Copics, Curvy Rectangle Nesties, ribbon, Liquid Applique, Glitter, Dimensionals
This week Jen challenged the girls to make something with acetate. Since I'd recently received the pillow box die from SU! I wanted to try these cute little treat holders. I filled mine with some Reeses Pieces...yummy eh?! I stamped the Reindeer from the Sugarplum North Pole in Palette Noir onto Shimmery White Cardstock. Then coloured with my Copics. We hope you will play along with us. Stop by the ATS blog later today to see the details!
Stamps: Sugarplum North Pole; Cardstock: Real Red, Shimmery White and Ski Slope DP; Inks: Palette Noir, Real Red; Accessories: Copics, Nesties, Real Red Ribbon, Martha Snowflake punch, 1/2" circle punch, Acetate, Pillow Box Die, White Gel Pen, Reeses Pieces...YUM!

Remember a couple of weeks ago when I made this card below? Well knowing the challenge coming up for today, I went ahead and made a little hot chocolate packet for Brian and I to take with us to the ski lodge this weekend! Last year I picked up these cute little Martha Stewart boxes and knew they'd come in handy some day! The outside was decorated with Frosty Days DP and stamps from the Aspen set by SUINK.
In the box is enough hot chocolate for two mugs, mini marshmellows, 4 peppermint hersey kisses and two mini candy canes....YUMMY!
Stop by the SUINK blog to see all the details of the challenge.
Ok just a couple more things to show...you sick of lookin' yet?
Last night while watching the OILERS KICK BUTT in hockey....I worked on these little bags using my new nesties! Aren't they cute? With the holidays fast approaching, I thought it would be nice to have some little bags ready to go for those last minute gifts if need be.
I made a boo boo with the first one....tried to use my Key Tag punch to do the handle and it jammed...ugh...so I used a nestie to cut it out to cover it up...that's why it's so close to the top.
Stamps: MFT Scarf for Three, Merry&Bright; Cardstock: Kraft, Shimmery White; Inks: Palette Noir Black, White Craft; Accessories: Sponges, Nesties, Martha Snowflake Punch, Martha Pearls, Copics, Regal Rose Ribbon, White Bags
Here is another cute little bag and pillow box treat that I made....
Stamps: Merry&Bright; Cardstock: Close to Cocoa, Choc Chip, Shimmery White, Pretty in Pink DP; Inks: Palette Noir Black, Close to Cocoa; Accessories: Copics, Acetate, Pillow Box Die, Nesties, Regal Rose Ribbon, Curvy Punch, Dimensionals, Sponges, White Bag
ETA: The white bags are little treat bags I picked up at Michael's and cut them down to fit inside the front and back panels....then taped together.
Thanks for stopping by today!

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy Hannah that's a lot of stuff! I saw the last couple on SCS last night - love getting the sneak peek - heh. And you know, for Upsy Daisy being a fave of yours, I can't say that I remember seeing it a lot? - at least not as much as others like your BEEs. Love the little pillow boxes! Gonna try some too!

Denise Marzec said...

I love your bags. Is it just a plain white bag with the nesties glued in front and back, or is there a template for the bag too?

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

LOVE all the posts! Great bag ideas.

Cindy Haffner said...

Girl you are on fire, love all your projects.

Jenn said...

These are awesome! I need to get a hold of some nesties myself! TFS!

Christina Fischer said...

OMG -- GET OUT!!!!!! Could these projects be any cuter?!? LOVE the acetate pillow boxes!

You've got some serious mojo this week -- wow! :)

Unknown said...

WoW! You have got to be either the fastest stamper I know or you just don't sleep - lol!!! FABulous projects Dawn!! That Santa is too cute!! :)

Anonymous said...

Love what you've done, Dawn!
Where do you find your acetate in Edmonton?

Kelly Schelske said...

Awesome project Dawn, you're super!! I really hope you guys do have a fabulous wekeend...I can't say that I've been to Banff as an adult...but maybe we'll have to fix that!! Went every christmas when I was a kid though!!

Hugs, Kelly

Allison said...

WOW! You have been busy! I love all of these projects but I especially enjoy all of the pillow boxes. I like how you made them clear to see what goodies are in there and then matching the paper to it too!

Renée said...

wow, there are tons up today, Dawn! You've done a fabulous job! I love the bags!!

Rose Ann said...

You go, girl!! I love all of your adorable, wonderful projects, Dawn!! I think my favorite is your Santa...but everything looks fabulous!!

joslyn said...

wow love all the projects today. i love the kraft and red cards at the top, so cute.

Unknown said...

Love all of your projects, especially the cute gifty bags - so clever and perfect!

Heather said...

Wow! You have been creatively busy busy! LOVE every single beautiful and adorable creation! Fantastic assortment!

Jennifer Meyer said...

WOW WOW WOW, Gosh Dawn have you been busy!! LOVE all of the fun cards and projects! I will have to try that pillow box with the acetate, looks like fun!!

Hope your having a fun week, Jennifer :)

Alex said...

Did ya sleep last night??!!! Holy Moly girlfriend, you got a lot of fabulous stuff done!! I am lovin' all those adorable little bags and want to know how you did that last one!! And, that santa is too too cute with the liquid applique!! You are AMAZING, my friend! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Deborah said...

You are one talent production line! wvery card and project is so SWEET! Oh your weekend will be so much fun! Hugs, Deb

savvy teaching tips said...

I just wanted to say that I looked through your blog and your splitcoast gallery and I absolutely LOVE your cards. You can definitely tell that you are an expert stamper.

stamperontheshore.blogspot.com

Bethany Paull said...

EIGHT!!!! Eight projects in one day. Dawn, you're giving me serious creative envy. That's more than I post in a week. And they're all so darned cute!

Lynn Put said...

Wowza! All of these projects are absolutely fabulous! My fav's are the Merry & Bright treat bag and pillow box, so cute!