Saturday 15 November 2008

Super Saturday!

Good Morning!
A couple of days ago I received the new Nesties in the mail from Scrap'n Stamp! I ordered one day, they shipped the next and I had them the day after that!!! Gotta love that! They are a Canadian company so for you local girls....check them out!
I HAD to make a card with them!
This week at Our Creative Corner, Denise challenged us to make a silhouette card and in honour of our guest Silke(sparklegirl) we could add some sparkle!!
Here's my card:
Stamps: Upsy Daisy; Cardstock: Old Olive, So Saffron, WW and Washington Apple DP; Inks: Old Olive, Black; Accessories: SU scalloped edge punch, glue pen and Dazzling Diamonds, 5/8" old olive ribbon, Curved Rectangle Nesties, Dimensionals
Hop on over to the other OCC Girl's Blogs to see their wonderful creations up close and get all the details!
____________________________________________________________________
I've got some exciting news!
Heather from H&M Stamps has asked me to join her design team as a Guest Designer!! I'm super excited about this opportunity. I've long admired Heather and her work and am thrilled to be able to play along with her and the other girls!
The card below was made for a few things....
For the OCC challenge of a silhouette and sparkle
For Lauren's sketch
For H&M Stamps
I've used a set called Fairy Tales and embossed the fairy in white. I have to tell you, I tried to stamp the wand and cut it out but if you have visited me long enough, you know that scissors and I don't get along...after snipping myself(again) I decided to skip it....lol
Stop by to see Lauren's Saturday Sketch this morning and then stop by the Saturday Sketch Girl's blogs:
Stamps: Fairy Tales; Cardstock: Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, Shimmery White and Nana's Nursery DP; Inks: White Craft, Pretty in Pink and Black; Accessories: White EP; SU scalloped edge punch, Swiss Dots embossing folder, Celery Ribbon, Heidi Swapp Ghost Flower, Bazzill Flower, Sparkle Brad, Dimensionals
Thanks for stopping by!
I've got a house full of girls coming for my Stamp A Stack and I can't wait! We always have so much fun!
Oh ya...I *ALMOST* forgot...it's the 15th....that means it's a new Dirty Dozen Gallery and some NEW Dirty Girls are being revealed! This is my second last month...wow...time is flying by!

25 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Wow, girl, HUGE CONGRATS!!!

I love the colors in your first card...yellow and green always looks so fresh to me. Cute image in the second one and I LOVE how you have the scallops off the edge with bling. :)

Betty J Schaub said...

Love the yellow and GREEN in the first card! So crisp and clean. The second card is so Tinkerbell-esk. The scallops and bling and the embossing, beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

Great cards - the pink fairy tales one is so sweet. And you're doing ANOTHER guest designer gig?? - you're famous, people are coming after you right and left; you go, girl!

Silke Ledlow said...

Absolutely gorgeous Silhouette card!!! I love this Set too and you have made itlook fab with the sparkles!!! I just order the same Nesties and received mine also super fast!!! got to love that for sure - LOL!!!

Also Congrats on you H&M Guest Designer spot - I know you will make Heather proud!!!

Kristie W. said...

Very pretty cards!!

Rhonda Kelly said...

Both of these are just adorable cards! I really love those new shapes of Nesties!!! I love the color combo on that one...very pretty. Congrats on the new design team! Can't wait to see your new creations.

Maria said...

Congrats on H&M that is awesome! Beautiful projects

Cindy Haffner said...

Condgrats Dawn you go girl. Love both your cards.

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

great cards Dawn and CONGRATULATIONS on being a guest designer for H & M!!

Michelle Tech said...

Congratulations on your new Guest Designer position!

Anonymous said...

Firstly congrats for your position of Guest Designer. Also I find your combination always bright and appealing sense.

Jennifer Meyer said...

Beautiful cards Dawn! I LOVE your silhouette card along with the fun sparkle.

Congrats on being GT for H&M, your card layout is adorable and so is the sweet layout.

Have a fabulous weekend & enjoy those NEW Nesties!!
Hugs, Jennifer :)

Lynn Put said...

Dawn,
Both of these cards are beautiful!
Congrats on the H&M guest designer spot, that's very exciting!

Val said...

Congrats on being the H&M guest designer! Awesome news!! Thanks for being an enabler. It's great to see a Canadian on-line scrapbook store with Spellbinder "stuff"

Stamp and Smile said...

Con'grats!! Exciting for sure to be a guest designer.... BIG SMILES! Lovely cards. I see you have the new Nestie Dies... I'm waiting for mine! :)

Anonymous said...

Both gorgeous, Dawn! Congrats on your guest design spot!

Julia Aston said...

We're so happy to have you join us as a Guest DT for H&M stamps Dawn! I just love this little fairy card you have made - what an inspiration! and your silhouette card is wonderful stamped on your new nestie!! Love the colors too!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Dawn your cards are soo cute! Love them both! Love the blinged scallops on your fairy tale card.

Deborah said...

Fabulous cards Dawon! You are on a Dawn roll (always)! Congrats on your guest designer for H & M! Have a great weekend! Deb

Lynda Benden said...

Both cards are beautiful Dawn! Congratulations on being a guest designer for H&M!!! Hope your SAS was fun!

Rose Ann said...

Your card is so pretty, Dawn!! I love the colors and sparkle!!

Congratulations on your wonderful news!! Your Fair Tales card is so darling!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

They are both so gorgeous!!! Congrats on your DT news..you go girl!!

Kelly Schelske said...

Yay!! Congrats ont he H&M designer spot, can't wait ot see your creations...speaking of creations these are fabulous! ! Love the spellbinder dies..will check that site out for sure...gotta love CDN sites especially with our dollar the way it is now:-) Hugs, Kelly

Alex said...

WHHOOOOHHHOOOOOO - doing the happy dance for ya!!! These card are so cute, I am loving the pink and green, my fave!!! And, the scallops with the brads is AMAZING!!!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Lauren (mytime) said...

YEAH! Congrats on the guest DT!! You rock :D Now this card if fabulicious. Thanks for playing along.