Friday 21 November 2008

Finally it's Friday!

It's FRIDAY!!!
In a few hours Brian and I will be heading off to Banff for the weekend! Ski season opens and I'm sure it's going to be super busy there but it'll be so nice to get away! Chloe is excited about going to her friend's house for a weekend sleepover and has been packed for a couple of weeks already...lol
Yesterday's challenge on SCS was to do with pearls....it could be self adhesive pearls like I used here...or pearl-ex...mother of pearl technique...liquid pearls....you get the idea ;)
I pulled out the Season of Friendship for this card and some Pacific Point cardstock. This colour is super bright but I like it! Although I've only cut into three pieces so far.
Stamps: Season of Friendship, Best Yet; Cardstock: Pacific Point, WW; Inks: Pacific Point, Baja Breeze; Accessories: Top Note Die, Curvy Punch, Circle Punch, Martha Stewart Pearls, Dimensionals
Cindy posts such fun My Favorite Thing Sketches all the time and I try real hard to get to them. Yesterday afternoon while doing the laundry I sqeezed this one in ;) You can find the sketch on the MFT forum on SCS.
Stamps: MFT; Cardstock: Brocade Blue, Barely Banana, Shimmery White and Scenic Route DP; Inks: Memento Black; Accessories: Copics, Circle Nesties, Brocade Ribbon, Dimensionals
Thanks for stopping by today!
I'm hoping to get some great pictures while I'm away that I can share with you all when I return. I'll have posts to share with you while I'm away, so stop back tomorrow! I will be putting my comments on moderation before leaving so don't worry if they don't show up right away.
Have a WONDERFUL weekend!

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a great and different color - that Pacific Point - really nice.

Have a great time in BANFF!!

Libby Hickson said...

Love both of these! The first one is so pretty with the blue, I love that color! Have a wonderful time in Banff!! I hear it's just beautiful up there!

Unknown said...

Great cards Dawn! Hope you and the hubs enjoy your weekend away! I'm sure that as parents it is well deserved:) Have a great weekend.

Rose Ann said...

Have a wonderful time, and a safe trip...Dawn!! Both of your cards are VERY beautiful!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Love your cards Dawn, so glad you got to play with my sketch. Have fun on your get away, so fun.

Julie.G said...

Very pretty. I love both of them, but of course blue and turquoise are my favorite colors. Have fun skiing....

Alex said...

Awesome cards Dawn!! Love the Pacific Point, looks fabulous!! Have fun this weekend, and stay safe!! Can't wait to see pics when you get back! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Cindy Lawrence said...

Awesome card, Dawn! You have a knack for making Pacific Point look AMAZING!!! Love both of these beautiful cards! Have a WONDERFUL time on your trip! {{hugs}}

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Have fun on your weekend! Nice to have a weekend away with your hubby! I am sure your daughter will enjoy her sleepover. Chris

Sweet cards. Love the blue and yellow!

Renée said...

fabulous projects, Dawn! have a great weekend!

Allison Rankin said...

Great work Dawn...take me with you (I'll just sleep...you won't even know I am there!).

Denise Marzec said...

Whoo-hoo, Dawn, have a GREAT time this weekend!

Carolina said...

Adorable cards Dawn...love the pearl one just because of my love for pearls! Have a great get away!!!

corinnesomerville said...

Have a wonderful time away, kiddo !!! Kevin and I call weekend getaways our "marriage insurance" !!! Enjoy every moment !!!

Oh yeah....great cards too :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful Dawn!! Love the first one and the blue!! Have a great time away! :)

Catherine said...

they're both adorable, Dawn :)

Jessie/knightrone said...

Awesome work Dawn...I love them both!!! Hope you are having fun!!

Anonymous said...

Two fabulous cards, Dawn. Hope you have a blast skiing!

Jodi Collins said...

LOVE both of these Dawn!!!

Anonymous said...

Both super-cute! You've reminded me that I have that SU set...unused. I really should get it inky! And the MFT card...darling!

Kelly Schelske said...

Love Pacific Point...scuha beautiful color and great card!! Great job on the MFT sketch too, it looks super!!

Bethany Paull said...

the blue tree is so striking. and i love the pretty blue and yellow. Great layout on that one.

Deborah said...

Love that Pacif Point! It is such a fabulous color! Your pearl card is so nice and I adore your MFT card! Love that paper combo! Hope the snow is good! Deb

Angel said...

Love these cards, Dawn. I am loving that Season of friendship set myself. I'll have to try your design when I get my Top Note die!