Friday 26 September 2008

American Crafts DP showcase....

Yeah! It's the weekend! Do you have any special plans?
Tonight I'm meeting my friend Peggy from Paper Works. I am getting the Long Rectangle Nesties from her store and I can't wait! She's been a doll to hold them for me til we could meet tonight. Tomorrow we are meeting my girlfriend from Calgary. It'll be a surprise for Chloe!
Yesterday's Ways To Use It Challenge on SCS was Charms. I looked through and couldn't find any SU! things to use so there is no SU! only card today....lol
I did however find these little star charms in my drawer. They went well with the American Crafts DP and the SU! set In the Stars.
Not sure you have noticed but I always try to co-ordinate my colours, paper and embellishments. I see other people make cards that the ribbon is a different colour or something and they MAKE it work AND it looks good! I try....I fail....lol
So anyway....back to my card....this was what I came up with.
Stamps: In The Stars; Cardstock: Cool Caribbean, Choc Chip, WW and American Crafts DP; Inks: Old Olive; Accessories: SU! Scalloped Edge Punch, Mat Pack and Paper Piercer, Choc Chip Ribbon, Misc Star Charm, Dimensionals
It's been a couple of weeks since I had a little extra time to play along with the MFT sketch on SCS. Cindy always has wonderful sketches! Unfortunately, the image I used was a little big for the sketch ;)
Stamps: MFT Here's The Scoop; Cardstock: Pink Pirouette, Choc Chip, WW and American Crafts DP(both sides); Inks: Choc Chip and Memento Black; Accessories: Copic Markers, Primas, White Brads, Choc Poly Twill and Dimensionals
Thanks for stopping by today!

20 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

I love that star card with the cute charm. I like the layout too.

...and I love when things are matchy-matchy!!

Susan Lankford said...

One of the reasons I love your cards IS the coordination of all the elements...so keep doing what you do best! Plus your cards are also adorable!

Cindy Haffner said...

I agree with Susan your cards always are always so coordinated.
thanks for doing my challenge, you go girl.

Christina Fischer said...

There you go, using that AC paper again!! I can't get enough of mine! Fantastic cards, Dawn! :)

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Lovin those colors...DP is so pretty and lovin the ice cream container! Fabulous!

Jessica Diedrich said...

How fun! These are so cute and I think you did an amazing job w them!

Jackie Pedro said...

I'm like Denise....I love matchy matchy!! Love both cards, Dawn!!

Rose Ann said...

The way you coordinate is YOU, and you do it sooo well!! That's what we all love about your beautiful creations, so keep up the great work!! Both of your cards today are so pretty!! I love the papers on both, and your wonderful accents!!

Renée said...

Both cards are fabulous, Dawn! I love how your combine your colours and all the elements. It really does make a "you" card!

Alex said...

LOVE that star charm, really cute! Both cards are awesome as usual! Sounds like a fun weekend planned, I have a craft show tomorrow and then I plan on doing NOTHING on Sunday - LOL! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Justine said...

Starz are my favorite! I love what you have done with them .

Justine said...

Starz are my favorite! I love what you have done with them .

Joanne said...

Great job on the challenge. It turned out great!

Deborah said...

Ya know how I love AC paper! These card are so happy and fresh! Lucky you to get your nectangle Nestie's tonight! Have a fun weekend! Say hi to my daughter and babies in Calgary! Hugs, Deb

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Dawn these are both beautiful! I love the cheerfulness of the star card and the MFT card is "simply sweet"!

Michele Kovack said...

LOVE both of these!!! The DP and image are great together!

Libby Hickson said...

Cute stuff!!!

Allison Rankin said...

Terrific! Love the DP today!

Unknown said...

great cards Dawn!! Love that paper and the charm is perfect!! :)

Fay said...

Love your thank you card! I wasn't crazy about that stamp set when it came out, but everyone's doing such great stuff with it, so now I'll have to get it, too. Thank you for your always-inspiring creations!