Monday 1 September 2008

Featured Stamper

Happy Labour Day!
I know many of you have had your kids back in school for a bit but we don't start until tomorrow and I'm not looking forward to having my days all chopped up again. I liked doing NOTHING some days....well no more...When is Christmas break? LOL!
Finally...I was able to play along in the Sunday Featured Stamper on SCS. This week it was NikiE. She has a fantastic gallery HERE.
I couldn't decide which card to CASE so I did two but wanted to do more...
HERE is the first one I worked on. Since my good friend, Michelle, had given me a huge goodie bag of PTI stuff while I was in Boise, I knew right away I'd want to do that card of Niki's. I changed the colours, dp, stamps and omitted the stitching...I don't sew well.
Stamps: Fluttering By; Cardstock: PTI Dark Chocolate, Vintage Cream, Choc Remix DP; Inks: Choc Chip; Accessories: 1 1/4" square punch, Choc swiss dots satin ribbon, Dimensionals
I HAD to have the Crazy For Cupcakes stamp set yet it hadn't seen ink. After seeing THIS card of Niki's I thought it would work perfectly for this CASE.
Stamps: Crazy for Cupcakes; Cardstock: Pacific Point and Whisper White; Inks: Pacific Point, Baja Breeze, Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red, Black; Accessories: Rectangle Nesties, Blender Pen, Pacific Point Ribbon, Dimensionals, Corner Rounder
Thanks for stopping by today!

23 comments:

Ifat Art said...

Love those cards!
The first one is absolutely amazing!

IfatArt.

Anonymous said...

Dawn, you outdid yourself with these two cards. Just lovely. It's easy to see why you chose NikiE's work for inspiration. TFS her site too.

Lynda Benden said...

Both cards are awesome Dawn! I totally have the Crazy for cupcakes on my list ~ so cute!

Kristie W. said...

I absolutely love both cards! The first one is a great way to use up scraps and the second is just yummy looking!

Anonymous said...

A new cupcake stamp! That's a nice clean card.... And I love the brown one too - even if you didn't CASE exactly....heh.

Cindy Haffner said...

Love both cards Dawn great colors.

Lorie said...

Ack! Your cards are so cute! My kids don't go back to school until Thursday and college starts towards the end of the month for my oldest.

Alex said...

These are awesome Dawn - I love those little squares and need to make some of these with all my scraps - LOL! Your cupcake card is darling, just got that set and can't wait to play! I know what you mean, my kids have been back a week already and I am struggling with getting back into the routine! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Jennifer Love said...

Oh Dawn! These are just great!

Anonymous said...

Your cards came out great!!! TFS!

Denise Marzec said...

I love your CASE'd card. I have that paper pack...what a great layout to showcase all the patterns. Pretty!

Anonymous said...

I love your cards. My blog is a scrapbooking blog too! you should check it out!

Kelly Schelske said...

Both of them are fabulous!!

Anonymous said...

Dawn, I love both cards. They look fantastic.
Hugs and smiles

Allison Rankin said...

Loving all that chocolate DP!

jjcreations said...

Awesome patchwork card Dawn. I hope our family has a great day tomorrow heading off to school. Joan

Bethany Paull said...

Love the white with that bright blue!

Rose Ann said...

I love that fabulous paper on the first, and your yummy cupcakes on the second!! Both are wonderful, Dawn!!

sparkling stamper said...

School started 2 weeks ago here! It's weird hearing about school just now starting in other parts of the continent! I don't have kids, but it sure affects the traffic!
The cards are terrific! I am particularly drawn to the brown card. It really speaks to me. I see a similar one being created in the morning!!! HA!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

LOVE both cards, Dawn! That cupcake card is just darling! The colors are so happy and bright!

Deborah said...

Beautiful work Dawn! I am sure loving this Pacific Point! Adorable pink cupcakes! Yum! Hugs, Deb

Anonymous said...

Two fabulous cards!!! (How do you do it? Wow!)

Donna Baker said...

love your simple cupcake card, not crazy about Pacific Point but I like it paired with just white