Thursday 25 September 2008

Thank You for your Friendship

Happy Thursday!
I'm sooooooooooo excited! Tonight is the FIRST Oiler hockey game I can watch on TV! It's still pre-season but I'm going to enjoy it all the same! Let's hope there is a lot to cheer about!! For those friends close by...just a FRIENDLY reminder...don't call me during the game....that's what intermissions are for ;)
Here is an *almost* ALL Stampin' Up! only card. If SU! would come out with WHITE brads...I'd be set!
This card was for the Sketch Challenge yesterday on SCS. My UPS dude had dropped off this Upsy Daisy set that had been on back order and I couldn't wait to ink it up!
I really like how this card came out and it's going to be making it's way to a friend very soon!
Stamps: Upsy Daisy; Cardstock: Choc Chip, Regal Rose, WW and Sweet Always DP; Inks; Choc chip and Regal rose; Accessories: 1/4" and 1/2" circle punches, White Brads, Regal rose ribbon, Dimensionals, White brads
Are you ready to see an adorable card????
LOOK at this new stamp set from All That Scraps. It's called My Rubber Ducky and it's available as a set or in a kit. You can find all the detail at All That Scraps.
I decided to use my fave monkey on my card...he's too cute! I added some stardust stickles to the foam on his head on tub. Of course I used some of my new favourite American Crafts DP! The corner was created with a 1 3/4" square cut in half and the SU! scallop edge punch along the one side. I pierced the circle and corner to match the buttons on the paper.
Stamps: My Rubber Ducky; Cardstock: PTI White, Old Olive, Soft Sky and American Crafts DP; Inks: Memento Black, SU! Markers; Accessories: Copics, Circle and Oval Nesties, Old Olive Ribbon, Stardust stickles, Paper Piercer, SU scalloped edge punch, Dimensionals
Thanks for stopping by!

36 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE both of the cards - hope I'm that friend receiving the darling Thank You card - lol. You KNOW how much I love that Pink ..... Hugs! Deb

Monika/Buzsy said...

Great cards Dawn! Love the colors on the first one and the cute image on teh second. TFS!

Corie said...

FANTASTIC cards -- love them both!!

Charith said...

Wonderful cards! Adore that Itzie stamp... love how you did the suds!

Christina Fischer said...

Love 'em, love 'em, love 'em!!! I love the papers -- great designs!

Angel said...

i just *love* that little monkey! awesome cards (as always)!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Both your cards are gorgeous!! Enjoy your hockey game...you totally sound like me!! My DH is the worst about calling at the wrong times...just doesn't get it!!

Bonnie said...

These are totally cute Dawn! I'll be rooting for the Leafs - again - totally an ever optimistic fan!!

Jackie Pedro said...

The Upsy Daisy card is beautiful...love your DP choice!

The monkey card is adorable!!

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Good luck on the game tonight!! Love thos cards, especially the upsy daisy card. The colors are gorgeous!! I wish SU would have brads in all the colors..I am so sad to see the eyelets gone...

Tina said...

Adorable as always!

Jessica Diedrich said...

So stinkin' sweet! Ok, I might HAVE to get the Rubber Ducky set now...that card is too cute! I love Upsy Daisy too... it's def one of my faves now a days! Good luck, Oilers!

Beate said...

Oh my goodness. Your first card is gorgeous!!! Love all the layers, love the large eylets, love the paper, the colors and of course the stamp.
The second card is super duper adorable! LOVE that one.
You rock!
Hugs and smiles

Cindy Haffner said...

Cool Dawn awesome work. Enjoy your hockey game tonight.

Maria said...

Oooh, I'm loving your cards Dawn!! Your first card is so pretty, especially all the pretty colors!! Upsy Daisy is such a pretty stamp set. Love the DP too!

That little monkey on your second card is so cute! You did a beautiful job coloring the image!! Great color combo!!

Maria

Renée said...

Wow, Dawn, both cards are fabulous!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Both are fab cards Dawn! I love your way with colour and papers...your cards are always so cheerful!

Enjoy the game tonight!

Kelly Schelske said...

Both of these are fabulous Dawn! love that monkey and I love the colors in the friendship card, beautiful! Enjoy the game tonight!!

diane zechman said...

aaack! love the Upsy Daisy card! And the words with monkey are so cute in different colors!

Allison Rankin said...

Wow...that Upsy Daisy card is terrific...what fun colors!

Rhonda Kelly said...

Great cards, but I am LOVING the Upsy Daisy card! Great colors and fabulous layout. I really like what you did with that one. Thanks for sharing.

Catherine said...

Dawn, both cards are just too cute. Love the sketch that you used for the first card and oh am I in trouble again with that cute, cute monkey from ATS =)

Rose Ann said...

Your daisy card is so gorgeous, Dawn!! I love the Chocolate with the Rose, and your combination of patterned papers!!

Your little monkey is so adorable, and I love the papers, scallops, and corner!!

Both are fabulous!!

Lynn Put said...

WOWZA, Your Upsy Daisy card is spectacular!!! Everything about it is perfection! Love the cute little monkey card too - so sweet!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Both cards are beautiful! Have fun watching the game and I promise not to call you! LOL: )

Have a fun one,
Jennifer :)

jjcreations said...

Fantastic cards Dawn. I love the brown and pink one - and that little monkey is sweet with the "suds" on his head. Have fun watching the game! Joan

Luv 2 Cre8 With U said...

Your cards are so cute. Just letting you know that you are tagged. Go to my blog to see what you need to do. I picked random people because I don't know many bloggers. Hope you don't mind.

Diane Gilbert said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love it Dawn, upsy daisy is one of my favorite new stamp sets!!!!

Curt in Indy said...

Both cards are wonderful. The first so pretty and the colors are terrific. The second is adorable and the detail is great! Best, Curt

Libby Hickson said...

Love these - especially your daisy card, so pretty!!

Alex said...

What a lucky friend - that card is amazing!!! Love the colors and I too want white brads from SU! Your second card is absolutely adorable, just love that monkey in the tub! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Lisa Olson said...

Another two fantastic creations you talented lady you!!

Emily said...

Wow, these are both awesome! I especially love the first one. Love the yummy colors!

Bee's Zen Garden said...

Love those colors and the silhouettes! :-)

Lauren (mytime) said...

Absolutely FAN-TAB-U-LOUS!

nancy said...

Oh my goodness, your cards are so stinkin' awesome! Your blog and projects are so inspiring, you just make me want to stop what I'm doing, get to my stamps and create something! Thanks for sharing all your wonderful creations :) !!!