Sunday 14 September 2008

Good Sunday Morning

Happy Sunday!
Last night my girlfriend, Sandy and I, went to the Edmonton Eskimos Football game(CFL) and we WON~! Yah! It was a blast! My throat hurts a little from all the shouting....haha!
Today I plan on watching the Nascar race(weather permitting), finishing the laundry and stamping!
Yesterday afternoon I sat down and worked on a couple of cards. The first one is for Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge. I've had this stamp set, A Tree For All Seasons, for a long time and think it's only seen ink twice...sad eh? I really do like the stamps but the images are small and I find them harder to work with. Beate's sketch was perfect for them!
I stamped the image with Timber Brown Stazon onto Watercolour Paper and used my Aqua Painter and inkpads(smooshed on the lid) to colour.
Stamps: A Tree for All Seasons; Cardstock: Old Olive, Kraft, WC paper and Haiku DP; Inks: Timber Brown Stazon, Ruby Red, Pumpkin Pie, Close to Cocoa, Choc Chip, Old Olive, Really Rust; Accessories: Aqua Painter, Choc Satin Ribbon, Old Olive Poly Twill, Mat Pack and Paper Piercer, Dimensionals
This next card is for Jen's sketch on her blog. There is an added bonus to doing the sketch this week and using a Stamping Bella image....you could possibly win a gift certificate to Stamping Bella! Yah! I pulled out the Snowbunny Bella and some new Imaginisce DP I picked up a few weeks ago. She's coloured with Copics. The fuzzy snowflake brads were given to me by my husband last year in my Christmas Stocking.

Stamps: Snowbunny Bella; Cardstock: Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze, WW and Imaginisce DP; Inks: Memento Black; Accessories: Copics, Embossing Folder, Riding Hood Red Ribbon, Felt Brads, Dimensionals

Thanks for stopping by today!

29 comments:

Ifat Art said...

I just love Bella... The cards are great. Thanks for sharing.

IfatArt

Rhonda Kelly said...

Fabulous cards. I love the one with A Tree for All Seasons. That color combo is fantastic, and that DP is really pretty. Great job. Thanks for sharing.

Lynda Benden said...

These are both awesome Dawn!!! I really LOVE the papers and layout of the Tree for all Seasons ~ wonderful job!

Kristie W. said...

Cute cards, I'm a bellaholic so that is my favorite LOL!

Anonymous said...

Love them both! I don't know how you pull off such great cards so fast!! Practice??? LOL Thanks for all the inspiration.

Beate said...

Wow, wow, WOW! Both cards look great. I LOVE how the first card showcases that gorgeous paper. Then the beautiful ribbon and your fantastic coloring. You rocked the sketch! Thanks so much for playing with it.
Have a great week! Hugs and smiles

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Just gorgeous, Dawn!

Charmaine said...

I love the frst card with the tree...it's such a cute image...and the colors you used and the DP is really nice as well...love it, love it!

Charmaine

Julie.G said...

Great job, I love the little tree one, it goes perfectly with that paper.

Nancy Riley said...

WOW! Dawn, both of these are fabulous!!! You KNOW it's always the SU ones that catch my attention the most, and I am in love with your Tree for All Seasons card! I love the colors, dp's, ribbon treatment, paper piercing, photo corner/brad treatment ... everything! Gorgeous!

Marisa said...

Two fabulous cards, Dawn. Glad you go to get out and watch some football. You Eskimo fans are amazing with that open stadium and cold temps in your area! We'll have a little friendly rivalry when BC and Edmonton play :)

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

More fabulous designs! Love the monochromatic greens...it says fall beautifully with your image. Bella looks wonderful in blues!!

Anonymous said...

Dawn these cards are beautiful and the Bella is fun. Good luck with the contest. TFS.

Debbie/Phx AZ

wanda box said...

beautiful cards today, now if I could only get my husband to stuff my stocking with scrapbooking items!

Cindy Haffner said...

Love both ards Dawn, awesome work. Happy Sunday.

Lynn Put said...

These are both fabulous card!
The designer paper and embossing on your Bella card are very cool!
I almost did the same image for Beate's sketch, I love that stamp set!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards - Dawn!!! I especially like the one using Beate's Sketch!!! It's very elegant looking with the Satin Ribbon!!!

Marlou McAlees said...

two gorgeous cards , thanks for sharing :)

Anonymous said...

I borrowed a Tree for all Seasons from my mom and I've never inked it up. You have inspired me. I may just have to try it out with Beate's sketch. Gorgeous cards!

Deborah said...

I adore petite images! This card turned out so nicely Dawn! Perfect for Beate's sketch. Bella looks ready for some serious snow! Cute!
Have a great week! Deb

Ashley Newell said...

Cute cards! I love the first one's DP!

Unknown said...

Both of are adorable-- I LOVE the ribbon on both of them-- I need to get an order in for some of those this month!

Christina Ammann said...

Zwei wunderschöne Karten, ganz toll.
Mir gefallen vor allem die Grüntöne sehr gut.
Gruss Christina

Rose Ann said...

Your card for Beate's sketch is so pretty!! I love that paper and your coloring!! Your Bella card so cute! I love the colors, embossing, and cute brads!!

Anonymous said...

Wowee! Love that ribbon combo and layered photo corner...and patterned paper! lol. Super cute Bella too! I like how the one little snowman looks like he's peeking from the bottom right corner.

Bethany Paull said...

Ooh, ooh, ooh! I LOVE the tree card!

A lil' bit about me said...

I love the first card! Especially how you tied the satin ribbon with the twill.

Anonymous said...

both of these are just amazing!!! thx for playin' girlie! hugs, jd

Donna Baker said...

fun cards! hope you win the contest!