Saturday 20 September 2008

Chipboard Saturday

Good Saturday Morning!
First off....did you hear the good news?
Jeff Gordon is on the pole for tomorrow's Nascar Race!!!! Yah!!!
Denise...be sure and wave to Jeff for me ;)
Ok now on to why you are all REALLY here....lol
Both of my cards today qualify for the Our Creative Corner Challenge that Amy gave us this week....to use Chipboard. Stop by the OCC blog to see what all the girls have cooked up this week. We hope you will play along and upload to SCS using the keyword OCCC.
My fellow OCC girls:
This card uses Lauren's sketch as well. I had fun with this card. Lauren's sketches get me to step outside my creative box and try something new!!
My chipboard was inked up with Choc Chip Craft ink and then I dumped Heat and Stick Powder on. Then heated it up and dumped on SU! Microbeads. It's really pretty IRL. I stamped the dress from the new set Humor in High Heels onto watecolour paper. It was coloured with my Aqua Painter and re-inkers.
Stamps: Humor in High Heels; Cardstock: Choc Chip, Tangerine, Watercolour paper and Hawaiin Papaya DP; Inks: Timber Brown Stazon, Kiwi Kiss, Choc chip, Tangerine; Accessories: SU! scalloped edge punch, Oval Nesties, chipboard flower, Corner Rounder Punch, Aqua Painter, Choc taffeta ribbon, heat and stick powder, Microbeads, Dimensionals
Stop by all the other girls on Lauren's Saturday Sketch team to see what they have created!
If you play along and upload to SCS use keywords mytimess06
Tamara
I've got another sneak peek for you today from the Little Paper Shop! Isn't this deer adorable? It's from a set called Little One and it will be available on September 23rd. Pop on by the LPS Blog to see all the fabulous sneak peeks!

Stamps: Little One; Cardstock: PTI Berry Sorbet and Blush, WW and Nana's Nursery DP; Ink: Pink Pirouette; Accessories: Chipboard letters, Photo corner punch, silver brads, Nesties, Celery Ribbon, Dimensionals

Thanks for stopping by today! Have a wonderful Saturday!

29 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Girl, we'll definitely be waving to Gordo...have I ever told you that my oldest daughter is a Gordo fan?? He's one of the number stickers on our camper.

I was going to email you to say I'll be thinking of you at the race.

I love your cards, especially the baby one with that ADORABLE little fawn. Sooooo cute! I just want to hug her!

Tammy Hershberger said...

EARNHARDT!!! You're rooting for the wrong guy, Dawn! ;)

Adorable cards! I'll have to see if I can pull out some chipboard later today!

Lauren (mytime) said...

You did a fab job on these Dawn! Love your take on the sketch and that paper is TDF!!

Anonymous said...

How clever is the fashionably late card - cute! And the baby card - I love the chipboard letters...and the silver brads.... Nice cards today - as always!

Lynda Benden said...

These are both awesome Dawn! Very creative ways to use chipboard! The flower chipboard matches the paper perfectly and of course ~ I LOVE the glitter!

Cindy Haffner said...

Love your cards Dawn, cute paper with that deer. Have a wonderful week-end.

Ashley Newell said...

Beautiful cards!

Kristin Eberline said...

Love the card you created for Lauren's sketch challenge! I keep a close eye on your creations, and your color choices always inspire me.

OK, back to your site to take a closer look at the brown and white card you made for the LSC :O)

Mauna said...

Great cards Dawn!! I have never used chipboard...I think it is about time I try.

Rose Ann said...

I lovin' how you've used the chipboard on these, Dawn!! Your first card is so pretty, and I love those papers, cute dress, and scallops!! Your baby card is just darling, and I love the papers on this as well!!

Bonnie said...

I like them both Dawn! Chipboard is such a blocker for me......you have used it fabulously!

Lisa Olson said...

WOW!! Dawn I stumbled accross your blog whilst paying a regular visit to Alison's blog and I have to say I am totally inspired by all of your creations. I couldn't pick a fav if I tried.

They are all stunning, beautiful, inspirational, the colours and the layout you choose are spot on.

I hope to be creating cards like these soon.

My problem is I demonstrate a lot of the time and have to make cards with the products I am given.. so can't wait just to create for fun!!

Looking forward to the next post.

Heather Schlatter said...

Oh, I love them both. I never have put micro beads on Chip Board. I have embossed it, but never used Micro Beads. Will have to do that this week for the blog!

Thanks for sharing and for the insperation!

I do not have my challenge card done yet, but I will have to do it and get it posted!

Hope you are feeling better, Have a great day!

Heather
Kansas SU Demo

Jessica Diedrich said...

Wow! That OCC card is WAY cute-I love the DP...I must say that SU really stepped it up w/ the dp's this season...TOO CUTE!

Your card for LPS is amazingly adorable and so pretty to look at w all the diff elements.

Thanks for sharing as always, Dawn!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Both cards are beautiful Dawn! LOVE the fun colors on the first card and the image is just so sweet on the second card!

Enjoy the race and your weekend!
Jennifer :)

Christina Fischer said...

Fantastic cards!!! Love the way you used the chipboard! The colors and papers are great!

Love your LSC cards, too!! :)

Sew Club said...

Love these! That PP on the first one is so pretty!!

Nicole said...

Dawn, your art work is superb! I bet your cards weigh a ton with all those layers! HEE HEE!

SUPAH WORK!

Heather Schlatter said...

O.K. I got my SS Challenge Card done and posted it is on

http://heathersheavinlystampations.blogspot.com/

P.S. I have really enjoyed seeing your stuff on SCS with the Dirty Girls and all over as well!

You do wonderful work!

Heather

Alex said...

Awesome cards Dawn - but that baby one is over the top adorable, girl!!! I just love it!!! Go Gordon Go!!!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Kelly Schelske said...

Gorgeoous card Dawn, I really love them both. The LPS baby one is too cute. Landon is sitting here with me and he really likes Bambi!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Super cute cards!! Love them!!

Renée said...

both cards are fabulous, Dawn!

Deborah said...

Darling chipboard cards Dawn! I seem to shy away from it except on a scrapbook LO. YOur baby card is too precious! Hope your race is fun! We'll be watching NFL! Hugs, Deb

Ifat Art said...

I love the baby card.
I have the bottom paper but it didn't cross my mind to use it for a baby card. It looks awesome!

Thanks for sharing!

IfatArt.

Allison Rankin said...

Love the LPS card...so inspired with the chipboard and DP! Great color mix on the first one as well!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful use of chipboard on both cards. Love the sentiment on the first one! lol

Jennifer Love said...

Well, these are just gorgeous...GORGEOUS! I'm afraid of chipboard. LOL I know...so silly. I just never know what to DO with it. I have some...and it sits there...and stares at me...mocking me. hehe...okay, maybe I have an overactive imagination. :D

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Very fun way to use chipboard, and your baby card is adorable!