Sunday 16 December 2012

Happy Holidays - Snowflakes

Hello!

Gosh it feels like it's been forever that I stamped!
The first part of the week I was down and out each night with this cold and the later part of the week I was busy with work.
Luckily, I'm on a three day weekend!
Today I will stamp. Yes.I.Will.

Today the Paper Players have a fun Snowflake Challenge!
For my card I went a little more masculine in the colours and design.
I embossed a black piece of cardstock with a Cuttlebug embossing folder. 
My snowflake was created with a MFT die and then embossed with SU! detailed gold embossing powder. Love that stuff but don't use it nearly enough! The sentiment was embossed in gold and is from Verve.
This card uses the Freshly Made Sketch from this week and also the Dynamic Duos Challenge colours of gold and black.
I do hope you'll play along with us this week and upload your snowflake card to the Paper Players Blog!
Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

Caroline said...

Fantastic card love the design. Caroline xxx

Vicki Burdick said...

Fabulous Dawn, so love this card, great job combining all the challenges!!

Nance Leedy said...

Dawn!! This is gorgeous! Love the black and gold and the gold embossed snowflake is beautiful--I never thought to sprinkle ep on a die cut! Must try it! It has been wonderful having you on the team. You always leave such heartfelt comments and have such a positive attitude, it's infectious! Thank you for joining us and I wish you the best! ((hugs))

Marisa said...

Oooh, Dawn! This is fabulous!! Love the gold snowflake (well any colour snowflake for that matter LOL!) and the embossing folder you used in the BG. Great CAS card using the challenges! Glad you finally have time to stamp :)

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Dawn! I love the subtle embossed background. The gold snowflake is the perfect "pop" of color! Your talent and creativity never cease to inspire me. It has been an honor to create beside you for these past six months. May you have the happiest of holidays...

LeAnne said...

This is a most STRIKING card....LOVE that gold snowflake! Wow, you really know how to make an awesome CAS creation!!!

jaydee said...

Such an fabulous and unexpected color scheme. I love the clean lines and the background embossing. Thank you so much for all that you did for the Paper Players as a guest designer. It's been a pleasure to have you as part of the team.
Happy Holidays
Jaydee

H2 :) said...

Wow, Dawn, this is brilliant! Love the unexpected, but very elegant colour scheme & that gorgeous, sparkly snowflake! It has been awesome being a teamie with you at The Paper Players. :)

Anne Marie Hile said...

Love the elegant feel of this card, Dawn! THe gold really pops off the elegant black background. Thank you so very much for being a part of the Paoer Players team over the past 6 months. I'm not going to say goodbye because you know I'm going to continuue to visit you here and via Facebook! Maybe I can get you to share that pierogi recipe with me, too! *wink wink* Big huge hugs sent your way! :)