Friday 9 January 2009

Challenge cards

Yesterday was a HAPPY day at our house! I've looked through the new catty and made a big list of things...now to decide WHAT to order ;) With Sale-A-Bration next month I'm tossing up the idea of ordering a few things now and then a HUGE order when Sale-A-Bration starts.
While anxiously awaiting my delivery yesterday I sat down to work on the Way To Use It Challenge on SCS. It was all about stars. My husband bought me tons of stamping goodies for Christmas and this Bo Bunny DP and brads were some of them. I've used a new set from SU! called Love You Much and coloured the letters with my Copic markers.
Stamps: Love You Much; Cardstock: Real Red, Pretty in Pink, WW and Bo Bunny DP; Inks: Adirondack Black; Accessories: Copics, Label nesties, Scalloped edge punch, Small star punch, Bo Bunny Brads, Dimensionals
Here is another card for the WT200 challenge....not too sure where I was going with this....but I used up some old scraps.
Stamps: A Little Somethin; Cardstock: Kraft, Old Olive, Choc chip, WW and American Crafts DP; Inks: Pretty in Pink, Choc chip craft ink; Accessories: Chipboards stars, Large star punch, dimensionals
This was my last card made for Verve's challenges. Now I have a complete set!
Thanks for stopping by today!

18 comments:

Amy said...

I love your star cards Dawn! I think I'm needing to get out some of my Verve stars today and play with them. I love your work!

Hugs,
Amy

Norine said...

love all of them but my fav is the love card
hugs
Norine

Michelle said...

Must have been one of those days - I had an "I-don't-know-where-this-is-going card" yesterday too - but Rock Star turned out great....clean and definitely get the stars impact. The set you made for the Verve challenges this week is so pretty!

Anonymous said...

You have been extremely busy Dawn. Your cards are great...love the layouts and especially the serenity stamp. Good Job!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Love your cards Dawn, what a sweet hubby getting you stampin' stuff.

Becky G said...

They're all fantastic but I have to say, that last one is my favorite. I love the craft and red together! What a nice hubby!

Betty J Schaub said...

As always Dawn your creations are stupendous!

Bethany Paull said...

Great stuff. I really like the star flower. Now I'm anxious to get my hands on a catty, eventhough I haven't been buying much SU! lately. I still haven't used the only stamp set I bought from last catty. But the colors and accessories always make it onto my cards.

Tiffany said...

I love them all! You have a great style.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Rach said...

These are all wonderful Dawn, so gorgeous. hugs rachxx

Rose Ann said...

They're all great, Dawn!! I really love how you work those colors, and your Verve card is just gorgeous!!

Happy weekend, Dawn!!

Bee's Zen Garden said...

Love that last card, the red with white and kraft is a nice combo! :-)

Kelly Schelske said...

Oh man..wanna clone your hubby?!?! How funt hat you get great stmapin' goodies from him!! Great cards Dawn!

Hope you have a super weekend!!

Kelly

Jacquel said...

Teehee! I see what you mean about your second card although it still came out cute!

I did the sketch challenge for the OCC even though it's late. I'll have it uploaded tomorrow morning...will have to get better @ getting these done in a timely fashion!!!

Nancy Riley said...

You're makin' me so jealous, Dawn! I've yet to see the new catty ... ugh!

The things I like best about each of these spectacular cards ...
1) the awesome colors!
2) the fun stars!
3) again ... incredible color combo!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Wow girl..I love all three of these!! You are so lucky, noone EVER gets me stamping goodies for Christmas...even if that is all I ask for(do you think they are trying to tell me something??)!!

Anonymous said...

I love your cards and the color combo. The kraft, pink & red is my favorite one. Can't wait to see the new catty. Such a great husband to get you stamping goodies for Christmas.
JoAnn B. scrappingnana4@yahoo.com

Lisa Brown said...

Love your cards, Dawn! Great color! Can't wait to see the new catty!