Tuesday 6 January 2009

Happy Tuesday!

Good Morning!
Today I hope to play with my new SU! goodies that arrived last evening around dinner. I had no time to stamp last night because I was watching tons of hockey!
Julee has a new Mojo Monday blog that you can find HERE. I love working on her sketches each week and what's better this week? A prize of course! Now I don't normally win things but I do enjoy playing along! LOL! This is what I came up with using her sketch.
Stamps: Petals and Stems, Cute and Curly; Cardstock: PTI white, So Saffron, Riding Hood Red, WW and My Mind's Eye dp; Inks: Olive, Pumpkin, Riding Hood, Saffron; Accessories: Top Note Die, Curvy label punch, Button, Linen thread, White brads, Flower fustion, 1/4" punch, Silver brad, Dimensionals
My nephew is having a birthday this month and from what I understand they are really into one of those Rock Band games or something....lol So I thought this would be a fun card for him! Rock-On is a set from H & M Stamps who happen to be having a HUGE GARAGE SALE! I actually cased this card from a fellow H & M design team member....Neva who had actually cased JulieHHR! Do you think the scalloped edge is too girly for a boys card?
Stamps: Rock-On; Cardstock: Kraft, So Saffron, Wild Wasabi, Cosmo Cricket DP; Inks: Versafine Black; Accessories: Scalloped edge punch, Circle punch, Word window punch, Curvy label punch, Dimensionals
Thanks for stopping by today!!

24 comments:

Michelle said...

Cute birthday card - not too girly....it's got some blue and green...and the black on it makes it boyish. He'll love it - they must be in to Guitar Hero or something....funny. I love that first card too - you made me a card with those flowers before, and I just used it recently - so pretty!

Nicole said...

I wish I had bought this set, now, too! UGH! maybe there is still time.....

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

beautiful fresh cards!
Hugs Anja from germany

Norine said...

cute cards like the colors
Hugs
Norine

Bethany Paull said...

I love your mojo card with that fab die cut. And I think the scallops work for a boy's card in this instance. They are green on kraft afterall.

Cindy Haffner said...

Rock on girl, lovin' both cards.

2 Worlds said...

These flowers are simple and so cute !

Rose Ann said...

Your floral card is gorgeous, Dawn...and your Rock On card is too much fun!! Great cards, girl!!

Alex said...

Love both of these cards Dawn!!! Totally cute Mojo Monday card, and that second card is fabulous!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Lisa Brown said...

very cute cards, dawn! love that big button!

Anonymous said...

Two more fab cards!! I especially like the flower one. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love the flower card, so fresh and vibrant! Those blooms really do have Pzzazz...

Dana White said...

Love your cards again today - I am guessing you didn't stamp because of the team Canada game then the Oilers game - winner on both fronts!! Thanks for all your inspiration I have to admitt I did nominate you for an award on my blog today
http://danashouseofcards.blogspot.com/2009/01/i-am-so-honoured.html

Samantha said...

Love both of them. Great colors! I love your style!

Amy Sheffer said...

Love these, Dawn! I don't think the scalloped edge is too girly at all - what a fun card! Your Petals & Stems card is to die for! Love the flower trio and the bright colors!!

Marja Sch said...

What alovely cards. So well done. Hugs Marja

Kelly Lunceford said...

So cute! I am jealous that you have new goodies to play with! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Denise Marzec said...

These are great, Dawn! I especially love that first one with the big white brads, twine in the button, and bright/fresh colors.

Deborah said...

Oh those great flowers and top not die! SO cute how you have the strip of paper over the lower portion with your embellies! Love it! Rock on card is great!Enjoy your new SU! goodies! Deb

Lauren (mytime) said...

Lovin these. Im definitely checkin out the garage slae :D Cute cute cute

Julia said...

Your cards are always so bright and cheery! Very cute!

Jessie/knightrone said...

OMGosh girl, that Verve card is GORGEOUS!! The second one ROCKED too!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty card Dawn! Love those flowers and the fun colors. TFS!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

What a gorgeous card, Dawn! That second one is wonderful with the colors and that different stamp! Very cool!