Wednesday 7 January 2009

Good Wednesday Morning!

A word of advice?! BEFORE deciding to make a shaker card....be sure you have all the elements...lol
I was so excited to play with my new stamps/papers and wanted to use some cool beads and glitter that Brian gave me for Christmas....that I didn't look for acetate....ummmm you can't make a shaker without it....lol Of course I didn't realize it until I was putting it all together....so this is a nice window card instead! I *know* I have tons of acetate somewhere...maybe it's with my Flight of the Butterfly set ;o)
Stamps: Love Ya Much; Cardstock: Riding Hood Red, Pink Pirouette, WW and Candy Lane DP; Inks: Black; Accessories: Label nesties, Scallop punch, 1" circle punch, Heart Punch, Riding Hood Taffeta ribbon, dimensionals
ACK! Did you see the CC for yesterday???Brilliant Blue, Pumpkin Pie and Garden Green. I was freaking out when I saw it was Garden Green! Puke puke puke! After the inital shock, I remembered....ah-ha! I had some Jersey Shore DP in my stash! Jackpot! Ok so it's probably Wild Wasabi in the DP but shhhhhh you can't tell ;) Once I found the DP....I knew I could make it work! Yippee! I pulled out the Pun Fun set and watercoloured with my aqua painter and ink pads.
Stamps: Pun Fun; Cardstock: White, Brilliant Blue, Garden Green, WC paper and Jersey Shore DP; Inks: Black Stazon, Brilliant Blue, Pumpkin Pie, Garden Green, Summer Sun; Accessories: Aqua painter, Pumpkin ribbon, Word window punch, Label nesties, Silver cord, Dimensionals
As I was completing my first card I realized I still had my Rock-On set on my table from yesterday. These colours are cool enough for another Rock-On card! Remember that H & M Stamps are having a Garage Sale and today is the last day to get stamps from $3 to $5 per SET...yes SET~
Stamps: Rock-On; Cardstock: Kraft, Garden Green, Pumpkin Pie, Brilliant Blue, WW and Jersey Shore DP; Inks: Brilliant Blue, Pumpkin Pie, Black; Accessories: 1 3/4" circle punch, Dimensionals
Some exciting news....my friend Peggy from PaperWorksCo is now carrying COPIC markers! Yeah! Another reason for me to meet her for coffee at Tim's ;) Pop on by her store to see what else she's gotten in lately! Also...notices from Canada Post are popping up with delivery of new catty's to arrive at the end of the week!!! Can't wait to peek!
Thanks for stopping by today!!

24 comments:

Michelle said...

Can't wait to see the shaker card when you get all the supplies - LOL Love those colors on the last 2 cards...limited, fun, young primary colors; cool!

Norine said...

love the cards very pretty V card
love shaker cards cant wait to see it

Cindy Haffner said...

Lookin forward to that shaker card, I love the look but hate making them. Love your cards. Happy Hump Day.

Denise Clark said...

Dawn, I don't know where you intended to go with this card, but I LOVE where you ended up. Shaker card or no, this is wonderful! I love the window, the birds and hearts!

Bethany Paull said...

The little polka dotted birdie card is so adorable! And you even made garden green look good.

Anonymous said...

Great execution of the color challenge even if it made you want to puke =)

And thanks a lot for enabling...had you not mentioned, it would've taken me at least another day to re-check the PaperWorksCo website!

Kelly Schelske said...

Love the new papers/stamp set!! Great job on the cc, it looks great, both boy cards are awesome!! Excited about the catty!!

Have a fabulous day!!

Kelly

Betty J Schaub said...

Oh Dawn! As my daughters would say, "You Rock the Party!"

Lynn Put said...

Dawn these are all such cute cards!
The window card with the Love You Much birds is so cool and such a great idea!

Nancy Riley said...

Happy Wednesday, Dawn! LOVE your non-shaker window card! It really is so cute! The other two cards are so bright and fun! I love them all!

Renée said...

fabulous window card! I do that so often, start something only to realise that I don't have it all ... argh

the colour challenge made me say *ugh* and refused to try it. You've done an awesome job with it!!

Lisa Brown said...

great cards, Dawn! Love those little birds in the window! have a great day!

Alex said...

Well, your non-shaker card turned out fabulous, girl - love it!! And, the other two are totally cute cards!!! Have fun doing some shopping - I am impatiently awaiting my new catty! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Anonymous said...

I think it turned into an adorable window card. You did a fabulous job with the color challenge yesterday!

Rose Ann said...

Sorry you weren't able to make your shaker...but your window is great anyhow!! Love those paper-pieced birds!!

Your rocket and Rock on cards are adorable as well!! I love the colors and patterned papers on both!!

Denise Marzec said...

Ugh, I hate when that sorta thing happens...like thinking I have enough ribbon on a roll and then realizing there's only a scrap size left. Oye! Cute cards, girl! Good idea to change it into a window card. :)

Jessie/knightrone said...

Both of these are awesome!! I know what you mean about the color combo, I hated it til I tried it...then it kinda worked!!

Unknown said...

Just GORGEOUS Dawn!! And you've inspired me to try a shaker card this week...I've never done one...we'll see how it goes...off to find some acetate!! :-)

Joan Ervin said...

All your cards are awesome, Dawn....I love the rock on card especially...gotta get that set for my teenie babies!!

P2Designs said...

I just have to say you are one of the most creative people. I look forward to getting the email notice of a post from you. Thank you for sharing your wonderful talents.

Pam in Colorado Springs, CO who is also a huge hockey fan!

Deborah said...

Well, I guess it was meant to be beacause this window card is so precious! Love those birdies and that ribbon! Way to cute on your other two cards Dawn! Deb

Unknown said...

Ooh so pretty!! LOVE that red dotted dp - such a great card Dawn! :)

Christina Fischer said...

Your "shaker" card makes a wonderful window card -- I love it!

Your color challenge cards are fantastic -- I didn't even try it!!! Blech! But YOU made it work! :)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

More fabulous cards! How do you do it?