Wednesday 21 January 2009

It's a PINK day!

Good Morning!
Wow this week is flying by! Last night I had some girlfriends over for an Epicure Party {waving hi to Liane, Bonnie, Kelly, Brenda, Sandy, Laura, Lisa and Lisa}
Yesterday's SCS colour challenge was a Regal rose, Bravo burgundy and Kiwi kiss. I wasn't sure HOW to get Kiwi in there so I went ultra simple....a scalloped circle! The stamp set Comfy Valentine from H & M stamps was sitting on my table and instead of putting it away, I decided to use it! I also used a new Martha border punch that Brian bought me. I had forgotten about it...oops! It's cute but sure does make a mess with all the little circle pieces falling out. I could only use whisper white too...any other cardstock was too thick and wouldn't punch...anyone else have that problem?
Stamps: Comfy Valentine; Cardstock: White, Regal Rose, Bravo Burgundy, Kiwi Kiss and BG Bittersweet DP; Inks: Memento Black; Accessories: Copics, Circle nesties, Regal Rose Ribbon, Martha Heart border punch, dimensionals
It's Wednesday! Time for another ATS design team challenge. I can't remember the last time I did faux stitching! I like to poke a lot of holes in my cardstock or doodle with my white gel pen but I can't recall using them together in a very long time...lol
Just yesterday I was chatting with Cindy Haffner on the phone and said I rarely use Pixie Pink or Pink Passion....well no more than an hour later, I was cutting into some Pixie Pink...haha!
I've used a cute set by Diane aka cookiestamper called Cupcake Occasions. There are sooooooo many toppers to use with this set! Stop by the ATS blog a little later this morning to see what the girls came up with. If you play along and upload to SCS or the ATS gallery please put keyword ATSDTC33 in so we can find them :)
Stamps: Cupcake Occasions; Cardstock: Pixie Pink, Choc Chip, PTI white and AC Romance DP; Inks: Memento Black; Accessories: Copics, Circle Nesties, Heart Trio Punch, May Arts Ribbon, Mat pack and Paper piercer, White gel pen, dimensionals
Thanks for stopping by today!

31 comments:

Paula Barin said...

Love pink. Your cards are so pretty. I really like the MS heart punch. We're still in a deep freeze. Hope you're keeping warm :)

Elizabeth Glass said...

Dawn,
As always your cards as just beautiful! And I wanted to agree with you about the Martha punches!
I have had alot of problems with them finding the right cardstock that they will punch through!One of them I just returned because it just would not go through any c.s. I use! But I do love that "heart punch",it really is pretty! Thank you for sharing and Happy Wednesday,Elizabeth

Kristie W. said...

Very cute, loving all the pink!!

Denise Marzec said...

I loooove these...and I totally need to get my butt over to Michael's and get that heart border punch. It's just so CUTE!

Glad you had fun with your girlfriends last night!

Denise Marzec said...

I loooove these...and I totally need to get my butt over to Michael's and get that heart border punch. It's just so CUTE!

Glad you had fun with your girlfriends last night!

Cindy Haffner said...

Hee hee, glad to see you use pixie pink. Love your cards, and love that border punch, Brain is so sweet to buy it for you. I have the scalloped edge one and i'm afraid to use it on some of the thicker colored card stock.

Lovin your cards.

Christina Fischer said...

Love these, Dawn! All the pink is just so fun! Your cupcake looks good enough to eat! :)

Norine said...

love the cards and those pinks are really pretty
Hugs
Norine

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

WOW! I love them both Dawn...you just know how much I love pink! Fabulous mix of colours and papers...love that heart border punch!

Alex said...

Love, love, love these cards Dawn - that heart border is beautiful on that first card, and the kiwi looks fabulous!! As for your pink card, I LOVE it - it turned out fabulous!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Kelly Schelske said...

It's a fabulous pink day!! Yes, I've had the same trouble with my MS punches....as long as ti's a lighter weight cs you're ok, but found SU is nice and heavy and doesn't work so well for those:-)

Love Epicure...my sister is a rep...well only for us to buy from, but love their stuff!!

Renée said...

fabulous cards, Dawn! Love the colour challenge one. You tied in the Kiwi perfectly!

Rose Ann said...

I love them both, Dawn!! The colors and papers are so pretty, and I love the adorable images too!!

Bethany Paull said...

I love your pinks! Both the softer pink with the frilly heart trim and the bold pink and brown combo. BTW, did I mention that I LOVE your new blog banner?

Maria said...

Hey Dawn!! Your epicure party sounds like a whole lot of fun!! What's an epicure party? LOL! Whatever it is, sounds like fun anyway!! LOL!

I'm lovin' your pink cards! Wow, they are stunning. I saw the color challenge yesterday and after looking at your card, I just may have to play!

As always your cards look so crisp and clean! I love it. The images are fabulous and I love your layout! Beautiful dps too!!

Maria

Allison Rankin said...

Gorgeous...love all the pink! That border punch is awesome!

Unknown said...

Adorable cards!! And yes, I nearly break my thumb punching through cardstock with my MS punches!! I try to use DP vs. cardstock because it's such a pain. When I sharpen them, it gets a little better (the tin foil, wax paper trick).

Nancy Park said...

Any intricate MS punches take the strength of "Godzilla" to use. I have tried sharpening them but it does not help,(the worst being the embossed and punched pumpkin) But they are beautiful! As is your card.

Allison said...

These are great! I love all the pink and the faux stitching looks amazing.

Silke Ledlow said...

Dawn - these cards are so beautiful!!! Love the fun colors you used!!!

Nancy Riley said...

Your Valentines are ADORABLE, Dawn! I really really like that Martha border punch ... wow!

Betty J Schaub said...

your little purse is so cute. I love it!

diane zechman said...

cute, cute cards, Dawn!

Gail S. said...

Very cute Dawn! The MS punches do best with a lighter weight of card stock I have found also! But you have to admit, they are a great tool!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

So super cute Dawn, I love all the pink!!

Bryden said...

Hey, send me an email.

brydeneaston@hotmail.com

Lori said...

Love all the pink here! And, yes, I'm having the same trouble with my Martha punches--more with the larger heart lace border punch that you used in your first card than with the smaller border punch. A little disappointing . . .

Michelle said...

Love the cupcake card - the brown in the middle looks like suede; supre nice with the rich brown and the dark pinks goin' on.

Heidi said...

Dawn- these are adorable and I just won the comfy set- not sure if I will get it in time for Valentine's but your cards are adorable. As for the MS punches I also have some problems with them cutting through SU cardstock- but that little heart ones does make great heart confetti with those extra pieces!

Scrap with the soul said...

L loved. So beautiful. The color and combinations is expectacular.

Eve said...

i love this color combination too! the pink and the brown makes a perfect color! =)