Thursday 1 January 2009

Happy 2009!!

Happy 2009!
Hope you all had a happy and safe New Year's Eve!!
Today starts some previews from All That Scraps.
AmyR came out with two fabulous sets this month. One is called Wedding and the other is called Love Sentiments. I tried something new... for me anyway....I embossed the Label Nesties onto the PTI white cardstock. I like the look! Simple, crisp and elegant looking....don't you think?
The wedding cake was stamped in Adirondack Black and coloured with a copic marker and then I added some Opal Liquid Pearls for the icing.
Be sure to stop by the ATS blog to see all the other sneak peeks!
Stamps: AmyR's Wedding and Love Sentiments; Cardstock: PTI white and Black; Inks: Adirondack Black; Accessories: Copics, Nesties, Liquid Pearls Opal, Dimensionals, May Arts ribbon
SCS sketch card....pretty straight forward....
Stamps: Crazy for Cupcakes; Cardstock: So Saffron, Bashful Blue Textured, WW and Jr. Varsity DP; Inks: Adirondack Black; Accessories: Copics, White Brads, Dimensionals, Mat pack and Paper piercer
Since it was blustery cold out there yesterday....I decided stamping was a better alternative to shovelling the snow...lol I played along with the Holiday Challenge Extravaganza #12 which was a sketch! You know I never turn down a sketch....lol
I used the super cute H & M Stamp set called My Favorite Valentine.
Oh ya...speaking of H & M....Heather will be having a HUGE Garage Sale on January 6 and 7th....prices soooooooooo low....you won't want to miss them!
Stamps: My Favorite Valentine; Cardstock: Baja Breeze, WW and Pink Paislee DP; Inks: Adirondack Black; Accessories: Copics, Primary Dew Drops, Glue Pen, Baja Ribbon, Label nesties
Thanks for stopping by today!

27 comments:

Rach said...

Beautiful cards Dawn, love how you embossed the nestie into the card stock on the bride and groom card.
wishing you a Happy new year. Hugs rachxx

Denise Marzec said...

Oh wow, that first one is sooo crisp and elegant! I love the embossing (and I soooo need those nesties!) and the colors. The cupcake and puppy cards are adorable too. :)

Happy 2009, Dawn!!

Michelle said...

That embossing on the cardstock itself does look great - excellent idea...you're so creative like that! And that doggie is soooo darn cute!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

terrfic cards, dawn!!!!the embossing is really cool on the wedding card !!!!!!!!
love it. tfs:)

Paula Barin said...

Happy New Year Dawn!
Love the cards... the Velentine puppy stamp is so cute.

Jami said...

These are all so wonderful. I just love the simple elegance of the wedding card!!

Happy New Year!!
hugs, Jami

(I tried to add myself to your follow-me, but there's no link to do it...??)

Denise Clark said...

I agree. The embossing on the bride and groom card makes it look very elegant! Nice touch! I still say that sometimes the simplest card are the very best!

The pup image is just so cute. I love the dewdrops on the side!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh how sweet, Dawn! I just LOVE your colors. . .always to bright and happy! Happy New Year to you!

Renée said...

I wish I had time to stamp ... it's been crazy busy here!! Love all your cards, Dawn. Happy New Year!!

Betty J Schaub said...

Dawn your bride and groom card is perfect! The puppy is sooo cute in the Valentine card and the colors on the cupcake card go so well together.

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Wonderful cards Dawn! Love the top bride and groom and how you placed the nestie just outside the image. Happy New Year!

Janneke said...

Great card ;)

Happy Newyear!

X Janneke

Cindy Lawrence said...

So CUTE, Dawn! Love them all! That first one is soooo elegant...gorgeous, girl! Happy New Year!

joslyn said...

love the simple wedding card. such a clean look LOVE IT.

Eryn said...

Dawn - that wedding card is fantastic!! I can't figure out how to do that embossing....I always manage to cut through....wish someone would share a tutorial on that!!!

All the best to you & yours for 2009!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

LOVE the wedding cards, the rest are great, but it steals the show!! Gorgeous work...Happy New Year!!

Tracy said...

Dawn you rock the use of these nesties! Love both of these cards. I am so excited about working with you in 2009!

Hugs,
Tracy

Jennifer Meyer said...

Darling samples Dawn, I LOVE them all! Best wishes to you & Happy New Year!

Hugs, Jennifer :)

Heidi said...

Dawn this is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Dawn,

They are all so wonderful!!

Amy

Deborah said...

Looks like you didn't take a break at all! You have been so busy with some gorgeosu creations! Love the wedding cake embossing! Adorable pup Dawn! Happy new year! Deb

Cindy Haffner said...

These are so darn cute Dawn. So cold here, hope it warms up soon.

Rose Ann said...

Your wedding card is gorgeous, and I love the embossing and colors!!

Your cupcake and puppy cards are fabulous as well!! Love the papers, layout, piercing, and Dew Drops!!

Michelle said...

It's 4:39am - where's my morning post??

Kelly Schelske said...

Oh wow Dawn, they are all great!! I really love the wedding card:-)

Kelly

Amanda said...

I just love the Snowman Friends card! Where can I get some Ghost Snowflakes? Those are too cool. I could definitley use some of those!!
Happy New Year!

Stamp and Smile said...

Burrrr! The temps make we want to put my fuzzy slippers on... HE! I so enjoy your fabulous card girl... fun colors! :)