Saturday 10 January 2009

It's all about friendship!

Good Morning!
Today I'm off to meet my friend Peggy, who owns PaperWorksCo to pick up my batch of Copic markers I ordered the other day! I'm so excited!
First I'd like to share some of my challenge cards with you....there are three so be sure to scroll all the way down ;)
This first one was for the Limited Supplies Challenge on SCS. I love to do this challenge each week but it drives me insane when people can't follow a few simple rules. I had to stop commenting yesterday on SCS because I'm not a rule breaker and rule breakers were upsetting me....lol
These were the rules:
*Stamps: Any (bonus points for using a heart image!)
*Paper: any + red...any shade of red
*if you use a punch or die it must be heart shaped
*if you use embossing folders...they must have a heart
*if you use an accessory it MUST be heart shaped or red
*if you use designer paper...yup you guessed it, red or hearts!
I can't tell you how many people I saw using embellishments that weren't red or hearts...that used nesties that weren't heart shaped....that used DP that wasn't red or had hearts....oh I could go on and on...but I'll get off my soapbox now....lol
Stamps: Love You Much; Cardstock: Riding Hood Red, Pink Pirouette, Very Vanilla and Bo Bunny DP; Inks: Adirondack Black; Accessories: Copics, Heart Punch, Heart Trio Punch, Primary Dew Drops, Quickie glue pen, Bo Bunny Brad, Dimensionals
This next card is a combo of two of my Saturday challenges. First it uses Lauren's sketch and also the OCC - 2 shades of blue challenge. I went super simple with this card but I really like the look! Want to see what the Saturday Sketch Team has done:
Alicia Weimen
Kendra
Kim Gasper
Kirsten Dubosque
Kristy Vernon
MacKenzie Bruckler
Maria Levine
Tamara Harder
Stamps: A Little Somthin'; Cardstock: Bashful Blue, Not Quite Navy, WW and Washington Apple DP; Inks: Bashful Blue, NQN; Accessories: Circle Nesties, Grosgrain, Dew Drops, Paper piercer, Dimensionals, Prima, Silver Brad
This is a second card I made for today's Our Creative Corner Challenge. Stop by the blog to see what the girls have created and all the challenge details.
My OCC friends:
Amy Sheffer
Cindy Haffner
Denise Marzec
Jackie Pedro
Jennifer Meyer
Julee Tilman
Kim Teasdale
Laurie Schmidlin
Lynda Benden
Silke Ledlow
Stamps: Boatloads of Love; Cardstock: Cool Caribbean, Temp Turq, WW, WC paper and Rainbow Sherbet dp; Inks: Black Stazon, Temp Turq, Cool Caribbean, Barely Banana, Going Grey, Basic Grey; Accessories: Aqua painter, Nesties, Organza, Grosgrain, Word Window Punch, Dimensionals
Thanks for stopping by today and listening to my rant....lol

27 comments:

Corie said...

These are all so beautiful. I think I forgot to tell you that I nominated you for an award. See my site:)

Michelle said...

LOL @ the rule-breakers. I didn't see what you are talking about, but I know what you mean. I love that friendship boat - works really well in that Nesties shape.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards! The Love card is adorable (and you set a good example of what completing hte challenge means :) I love the simplicity of the 2nd card, and the third cards just pops with such great color! Thanks for sharing with us!

Amy Sheffer said...

Dawn, they're awesome! I especialy love the clean and simple middle one - gorgeous! Have a great weekend!

Jackie Pedro said...

All three are fabulous creations, Dawn!! Love Lauren's sketch!! Have fun with your new Copics!!

Denise Clark said...

On the first card, I love the soft pink with the bold red! You definitely followed the rules! :)

On the Thanks a Bunch card, loved the layout and the piercing was a perfect touch. Really made the card. Again, love the soft blues with the bolder dark blue.

Love the boat on the label and the little puff of smoke right on the edge. Adorable card!

Lynn Put said...

Awesome cards Dawn! I love how you used the cool Nestie to cut out the boat on the bottom card and the soft blue colors and layout are fantastic on the thank you card! The Valentine is wonderful with all the fun hearts!

Nancy Riley said...

Dawn, you amaze me every single day! These cards are awesome! How DO you do it ... non-stop?! You're like the energizer bunny! LOL!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Hi Dawn :) Your cards are all awesome! LOVE the fun sketches and layouts on all! Your watercoloring is beautiful on your OCC card.

Have a wonderful weekend,
Jennifer :)

Rose Ann said...

Beautiful cards, Dawn!! I love each and every one!! Good for you to stick to the rules on you LS card!! Your Valentine is fabulous with the red & pink, Dew Drops, and punched hears!! Love your sketch card and adorable boat too!!

Anonymous said...

I kwym w/ those rule breakers. Come on people! Love your cards as usual. TFS!

Anonymous said...

Dawn, all your creations are super fab!! Love the monochromatic one, especially...BEAUTIFUL!

Anonymous said...

You Go Girl! I agree with you about following the guidlines for challenges. If you do not follow the guidelines then it would not be a challenge would it?!
Your first card is breathtaking - I love the bold red and just enough pink to soften it.
I really like the nestablilities you used on your card too. I have never tried nestabilities.
Beautiful Work Dawn.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Awesome cards, Dawn! It is funny how many adults can't seem to follow a list of instructions. One time I was at a SU! party and there was a gal there that REFUSED to do any of the steps of the project like the rest of us. She just HAD to be different. I don't know how that demo didn't just lose it - it was so annoying by the end of the night! LOL Anyways, your cards are beautiful as always, Dawn! Happy Weekend!

Rebecca Ednie said...

I love your blue card. As for rule breakers, don't forget these challenges are for fun. I am pretty much a rule follower too but every once in a while I make a card and forget a rule while making it. Or I don't have one of the things the card rules call for so I have to substitute. I still want to upload it and let everyone enjoy it. These rules were pretty specific though so I can understand your annoyance. Have fun!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

I always mess up the LSC challenge...I knew you'd come after me someday! Love your cards, the label nestie is so cool with your Friend-ship!

Anonymous said...

Hee Hee.....i get "upset" too sometimes with the rule breakers.

Your cards are amazing!!!! I especially love the 1st OCC card. So simple and elegant.

Lynda Benden said...

All of your cards are wonderful Dawn! I really like the layout of Lauren's this week and your card for it is AWESOME! I need to try that one this week!

Deborah said...

This batch of gorgeous cards are so wonderfuly Dawn! I love each and every one, and never tire of the Boast Loads Of Love set! Heart hugs,
Deb

Sue said...

I laughed when I was reading your note about following rules. . .too funny!! I didn't even begin to try to win any nesties during this celebration going on because there were way too many rules for me to follow. I laughed though. So, I do love your RED card that you followed the rules for. :o)

Cindy Haffner said...

Love all your cards Dawn.

DoxieGirl said...

I, too, am a rule follower to the T! Especially teaching.... I get so aggrivated when teachers try to get around "rules" or they don't teach what they are supposed to!
I just love what you created for Lauren's sketch! I really wanted to order that set, but talked myself out of it. I think I might have to now that I've seen your card!
~Kendra

Kelly Schelske said...

First off, LOVE your new banner!! I'm with ya on the rule breakers...hence the reason it's a challenge!! Anyway, love your red card, but they are all fab as always!! Have fun with your Copics!!

Kelly

SueB said...

Darlin' - just darlin' - love all 3 cards, girl - TFS!

Sew Club said...

Super cute cards!

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh I so love your card! so pretty!!! You always do such clean crips work anyhow :D

Silke Ledlow said...

Dawn - all of your cards are awesome!!! The OCC card is beautiful - I really liek the layout - I might have to try it....

LOL - rule breakers....YIKES - I have to admit I've done it, but not on purpose....I was way to excited and thought I'd remembered all the step/rules, but once I uploaded it and typed everything in I realized I messed up...can you forgive me???? Please???

Hugs
~Silke~