Thursday 15 January 2009

I ♥ these bees!

Good Morning!
Ok so TODAY the weather is supposed to start looking up...haha! I was okay with it being yucky yesterday because my stamps from Taylored Expressions arrived! I started to work on some things but didn't finish so I'll show them to you soon.
I'm behind in Julee's Mojo Monday sketch and had to play catch up once again. Last week I came upon a CUTE card by Cambria HERE. She made a Valentine card with this set and I was inspired to do the same :) I think it turned out pretty cute all PINK!
I made boo boo when stamping the sentiment along the bottom so I had to cover it up...I just couldn't pitch this card in the trash.
The hive was stamped with Black Stazon and coloured with my aqua painter and pink pirouette ink and then I went over it with a little riding hood red to darken it.
Stamps: Just Buzzin' By; Cardstock: Close to Cocoa, Pink Pirouette, WW, WC paper and Candy Lane dp; Inks: Black stazon, Pink pirouette, Riding hood red, Close to Cocoa; Accessories: Aqua painter, Circle nesties, Choc poly twill, Pewter build a brads, 1/2" circle punch, Scalloped edge punch, Dimensionals
This was made using the SCS sketch211 yesterday. It is a SU! only card.
Stamps: Just Buzzin' By; Cardstock: Tangerine, Saffron, WC paper and Haiku dp; Inks: Black Stazon, So Saffron, More Mustard, Close to Cocoa, Blush Blossom; Accessories: Aqua Painter, 2 way glue pen, Dazzling diamonds, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punch, Dimensionals
Today Julie is debuting a new line of digi images/sentiments through All That Scraps. They are called Encouraging Verses. You just print them out on cardstock.
Did you notice the date? It's the 15th of the month which means the new Dirty Dozen Gallery opens! I'm retired and a DD Alum now but I'm excited to see the new girls and what they have created...pop on by the SCS Dirty Dozen gallery if you are a fan member!
Thanks for stopping by today!

20 comments:

Michelle said...

You love you some bees! You were on a bee kick before with the "bee thanking you" stuff - cute! Love that last card - the sentiment....and the DP and the flower that are sooo perfect for each other!

corinnesomerville said...

Hey Girlie !!!

I LOVE your bee cards....they are adorable, aren't they !!!

Stay warm....we're in a deep freeze here (windchill -29 !!!)

Stay warm my friend !

Cindy Haffner said...

I love those bees too, such sweet cards. I love the bee card you sent me, and just might case how you used the curly punch. So cute.

Denise Marzec said...

I can tell you like these bees and your coloring is awesome on all of them! When I pulled up your post and saw the two cards and I have your blue one hanging here on my wall I thought to myself "she really likes this set!" Keep 'em coming!!

Rose Ann said...

Your bee cards are so cute, and I love the colors and your coloring is wonderful!! Your third card is so pretty, and I love the sentiment and colors!!

Bethany Paull said...

These are great. I have to agree...the pink bees are cute as can be.

Denise said...

Love your Bee cards, I need to try & "case" that pink one if you don't mind. Very cute!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Great cards Dawn! Love those bees... can't wait to get my hands on the set. Love your color combinations. TFS!

Dolce Deb's Designs said...

Hey Dawn I agree these bees are adorable. I was just telling someone the other day to try making the bees in pink instead of Yo Yo Yellow. I am so glad to see this card I think the pink makes the bees look even cuter. Hope you have a great day and TFS.

Debbie/Phx AZ

Norine said...

I love your bees too great colors
Hugs
Norine

Ida said...

Wonderful cards. Those "Bee's" are on my Wish List.

Renée said...

oooh, they're all super cute, Dawn!

TN Granny said...

I love the bees also and pink is my fave so you did great!!!

Allison said...

Great cards - they are all gorgeous! I love the pink bee!

Jessie/knightrone said...

These are so pretty Dawn!!! I love them all...especially the pink beehive!!

Rebecca Ednie said...

I love the pink hive. I'd never have thought of it!

Lisa Brown said...

Wonderful cards, as always, Dawn! I lov the color schemes you used with the bee set...just precious!

Tracy said...

You are rockin' these bee images. I just got my new catty yesterday and I'm trying hard to resist buying them. But you are making it almost impossible with these adorable cards!!!

Elizabeth said...

I love those little bees too! I may just have to case the tangerine tango one.

Unknown said...

LOVE the bees - too cute Dawn! :)