Friday 30 January 2009

Cozy cards

Good Morning!
Yesterday before zipping off to the school I combined the MFT sketch challenge on SCS with the Ways To Use it Challenge.
This is what I came up with.
Stamps: MFT Meet Me at the Cafe; Cardstock: So Saffron, Old Olive, White and Jr. Varsity DP; Inks: Memento Black, Olive, Purely Pomegranate; Accessories: Copics, Circle punch, Designer label punch, Old olive ribbon, Rich regal brads, Dimensionals, Bazzill flower, MM flower and buttons
Today I have a sneak peek of a new set by AmyR that will be available next Monday from All That Scraps. It's called Cozy & Warm.
I've paper pieced the sweatshirt/hoodie on my card. I was going for a manly card...I think the addition of brads are okay eh?
I also used Mercy's sketch#28 that you can find HERE.
Stamps: Cozy & Warm; Cardstock: Tangerine, Night of Navy, WW, Kiwi Kiss and Scenic Route dp; Inks: Memento Black, Night of Navy and Tangerine; Accessories: Mat pack and Paper piercer, Silver brads, Small and Large Oval Punches, Dimensionals
Thanks for stopping by today!

23 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

I like the punched sentiment combo on the first one, and the Scenic Route DP on the second one is awesome!! Those bright stripes are totally eye catching!

Norine said...

both cards are so nice love the bright colors
Hugs
Norine

Denise Clark said...

Both terrific, fun cards! My son is into hoodies right now. Will NOT wear anything else without a disagreement.

Christina Fischer said...

Fun cards, Dawn! LOVE the bright colors! The hoodie looks great -- perfect for a guy! :)

Cindy Haffner said...

Love your fun colors Dawn, and so glad you got to do the MFT Sketch, perfect set for that SCS challenge.

Jacquel said...

Fab cards as always Dawn! I used Belinda for my card today....

Belinda

Lesa said...

This is so manly! I love what you did with it. I have a darn hard time getting the masculine cards to look good. You did fabulous!

Renée said...

Fabulous, Dawn!

Jennifer Love said...

Gorgeous work, Dawn! Love the colors and papers you always seem to find! :)

Janneke said...

Great cards ;)

I love your colors on the Warm & Cozy card

Janneke X

Rose Ann said...

I love them both, Dawn!! Such cute images, pretty papers, and wonderful designs!!

Unknown said...

love them all, but you have done a wonderful job with my sketch! love the bold and bright colors!

thanks for playing along with this week's sketch, and i hope to see you next week, too!

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

Sandy said...

Do MFT stamps have a website? I love this one!

Alex said...

These are great Dawn, I love the new set and the way you paper pieced - really turned out cute!! Have a wonderful weekend, my friend! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Catherine said...

love both of your cards, Dawn :)

Jennifer Moore said...

I like how you paper pieced the sweatshirt.

Jessie/knightrone said...

Fabulous as always!!

Stamp and Smile said...

Both cards ROCK! Awesome colors and style!!! TFS... Smiles! :)

Kelly Schelske said...

Love them, the hoodie is great!! Kirsten has like 6 of them and loves everyone...if she could wear more than one at a time she would....oh ya and I bought her another one for her birthday next week!!

Hugs, Kelly

Joan Ervin said...

WOW!!! I love these awesome cards, Dawn...such beautiful colors and papers to go along with the fabulous stamps!!! I'm lovin that sweet little hoodie!!!

Christina Ammann said...

Wow, das sind wunderschöne Karten. Die leuchtenden Farben gefallen mir sehr gut.
En liebe Gruess
Christina

Cindy Lawrence said...

Really pretty cards, Dawn! LOVE the papers in the bottom one...yummmm! Your new blog look is GORGEOUS, girl!!! I really need to change mine; but I'm avoiding it! :)

Jody Morrow said...

Super cute cards!