Monday 16 November 2009

Center of Attention Product Spotlight - Mini Binder Box

Well today the fun in the sun ends and we head back home to Edmonton. I'm always anxious to get home and see everyone but once I see all is okay, I want to turn back! lol!
I'm sure I'll have some pictures to share with you later this week.
Today I'm sharing a project I made using the Mini Binder Boxes that are available from Taylored Expressions.
I wanted to show something else you could do with it, other than storing some fabulous TE stamps ;)
A few years back I made quite a few birthday calendars using 5 x 9 open ended envelopes BUT they didn't hold up too well with all the shuffling I did from place to place. I'm thinking the one I made my Grandmother hasn't lasted either so I've made her a replacement!
These binder boxes are super sturdy yet easy enough for her to open. She has arthritis and has had difficulty with the simpliest of tasks....like opening things. I've decorated the outside and inside using some fun Crate Paper that I've had on my shelf for a long time. The adorable images are from the Beary Special and Beary Special Accessories.
On the inside I created some pockets that hold little mini calendars so Grandma can write down all her kids, grandkids and now great-grandkids birthdays along with others. The holes for the pockets were punched with a 1/4" circle punch...it fits perfectly around the stems of the binder box! There are 6 pockets in total. I think I'll throw in a bunch of cute TE cards in the back to get Grandma started!
I think I want to purchase another box to store my nesties in too! Be sure to stop by half of the Baker's Dozen to see what they have created for you today! I can't wait to get home and see for myself!
Denise Marzec
Jackie Pedro
Jami Sibley
Karen Motz
Laurie Schmidlin
Sankari Wegman
Taylor VanBruggen
Some special news from Taylored Expressions:
The binder boxes will no longer include a cover/spine and have been lowered in price to $9.95. There are spine/cover downloads available for $2.49.
Each of the Center of Attention products will be on sale for a limited time following our product spotlight (November 16-17). This time we'll be offering a 15% discount on our Mini Binder Box!
Thanks for stopping by!

20 comments:

Jami said...

Wow Dawn - this is so clever and super cute too!

Taylor said...

Great idea, Dawn! And so cutely decorated too! Hope you had a great time in SoCal!

Donna Baker said...

what a GREAT idea, Dawn! I bet she adores having this, it's so cute with the bear on the front!

TannyP said...

Wow! I think I need these =) Perfectly detailed, Dawn!

Jackie Pedro said...

How adorable!! What a great idea, Dawn! I love the idea of storing Nesties in the box, too!

Karen Motz said...

Great idea Dawn! I've made birthday calendars in the past too and they now need to be replaced so I'm totally going to use your idea!!!

Connie M. said...

Oh such a fun project, Dawn!! I am sure your Grandma will really appreciate this!!

Christina Fischer said...

What a great use for the binder box! Fantastic project, Dawn! :)

Danni said...

Adorable and how clever and thoughtful!

Sharon Harnist said...

Great idea and beautifully decorated, Dawn!

Denise Marzec said...

Awesome idea and so wonderfully decorated! I love the pretty shade of green ribbon, and those big birthday letters are so FUN! I even love the font you picked for the calendar sheets. VERY cute project, girl!

Jodi Collins said...

What a FAB idea and execution Dawn! LOVE this and I am sure your grandmother will as well!!!

hayleycreates said...

Love it! Beautiful Job. I could so use a birthday book like that. I am ALWAYS forgetting my friends birthdays. I'm a horrible friend!!

Kelly Schelske said...

This is fabulous Dawn!!

Gwen said...

This is just darling!!! what a great idea!!!

Rose Ann said...

I'm LOVING your binder project, Dawn!! So cute and useful too!! Grandma will love it!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Lovin this Dawn, soft and pretty.

Sankari W. said...

simply sooo lovely Dawn!!! I LOVE those sweet colors and the little bear in front is perfect!! You totally ROCk Ms. Dawn!!!! sending you big hugs!!!
Sankari :)

Sankari W. said...

simply sooo lovely Dawn!!! I LOVE those sweet colors and the little bear in front is perfect!! You totally ROCk Ms. Dawn!!!! sending you big hugs!!!
Sankari :)

Stamp and Smile said...

Just darling Dawn... soft colors and textures, and that yummy ribbon is the PERFECT touch! You have AMAZING TALENT and that is why I LOVE ♥ visiting your blog... YOU ROCK! :)