Tuesday 23 October 2007

Birthday card

Gosh isn't the month of October just flying by??!! I can't believe it's only another week until Halloween...YIKES! Soon that will mean snow for us...ugh!
On that note, I thought I'd better make another bright and cheery card. Whenever I'm needing that pick me up, I always grab this Designer Paper by Junkitz. I just LOVE it! Don't you?!
I wanted to do the Colour Challenge on SCS today but it was some grey colour again. I don't have grey nor do I like grey...so I skipped it!
Supplies Used:
Stamp sets: Just Like You and Circle of Friendship
Cardstock: Soft Sky, Real Red, WW and Junkitz DP
Inks: Real Red, Soft Sky, Certainly Celery
Accessories: Photo Corner Punch, Scallop Punch, 1 3/8", 1 1/4", 1/2" Circle Punches, Mat Pack and Paper Piercer, Dimensionals
Today I got a few girls together and we decided to have a monthly card club at my house. We will meet the third Wednesday of every month. We'll make 5 cards each time. I'm sure we all need birthday, anniversary, thinking of you....those sorts of things. This will be a good way for all of us to stock pile them!! I'm really excited about it! My first club! YAH!
I've also got another SAS coming up at my house on the 10th of November so it's time to start creating some new cards. I'll get on that this weekend ;)
I've got to go BBQ now...while the weather is still nice enough! It's hockey night tonight too!
Go OILERS!

17 comments:

Nancy Riley said...

Dawn, this card is so very cheerful ... just like YOU! Yep, I agree ... you're not much of a grey person, that's for sure! ... and that's a good thing! Super cute cute cute card!

Lauren (mytime) said...

SOOOOOOOOOOO Pretty!!! Love the colors, and of couse the butterflies

Tracy.H said...

Great card!! Love that DP! :0)

Alhambra Club said...

So pretty, love that paper and the bright and happy colors.

Nancy said...

Great card Dawn!!! I've not seen that DP... I need some!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card - great dp! and just very very pretty! :)

Christina Fischer said...

Oh Dawn, I LOVE this! It makes me smile!! :)

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Love the color combo...I feel the same way as you do about Grey!! I won't even wear grey.

Rose Ann said...

Your card is so bright and cheery! I love the paper and your whole design! Awesome, Dawn!

Anonymous said...

YAHOO! Love your card girlie and I am sooo excited cause I just got this set on Monday ... hope you had fun at the BBQ Your card is SUPER!!

Courtney said...

I love your card! Wonderful colors and I just love butterflies. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful!! Love how bright this is!! Sure to make someone happy!! :)

Also.. you've been tagged!! ;)

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! What an amazing card. Love the colors of the DP, my fav. Wish I could be a part of your club, I always need extra cards. Sounds like fun. Have a good day.

Maria said...

You're right the paper is bright and cheery! I love it. Your card looks fabulous!

Maria

Anonymous said...

Hey !! I love this card ...We have to have this one for the first card club...Please!!!!!!Have a GREAT Day!

Dottie K. said...

Dawn - wow this is so bright and cheery. So cute!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Cute card - that'd be a good birthday card for YOU!