Friday 12 October 2007

Dad's 60th Birthday Card

Where does the time go sometimes???? I'm looking ahead to next week and realized it's my Dad's 60th birthday and I still haven't finished anything for him! Well I can cross a card off the list....LOL! I didn't want to put 60 or birthday on the card. I thought Celebrate Life was a good sentiment for this milestone.

I think this is the first year he got a card with NO flowers! I had to resist temptation to not use flowers or lots of ribbon. I kept it pretty simple. When I pulled out the Basic Grey Mellow DP, I knew just what set to use! This stamp set has NEVER seen ink! I bought it with the intentions of using it for little note cards. I'll leave it on my desk and see if I can use it again real soon.

It's really cloudy here and sort of feels like snow so it was hard to get a nice picture of it in natural light. The DP is green really, in this pic it looks a lot more blue.

I wish I had more time to stamp but it's hockey night tonight! The Oilers haven't done so well lately and they will require my FULL attention! haha!

Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend! See you tomorrow!

14 comments:

Nancy Riley said...

Dawn, this is a GREAT card for your Dad! Great colors and layout! Is the background piece DP or stamped??? Can't tell.

Unknown said...

Dawn this is a great card! Love the colors and the simple layout works great,too. TFS

Theresa said...

SOOOO hard to make a card with no flowers!!! hehehe
But you did a wonderful job!

Rose Ann said...

Great card for your Dad's birthday! I love that cute image, and it goes perfectly with the patterned paper! Awesome!

joslyn said...

love this card the paper and the tree are lovely! this is a great card for a dad.

Anonymous said...

That's a great card, with a great sentiment - Celebrate Life. Your dad will love it. I remember last year you saying he always gets the FLOWERs cards!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!! What a beautiful card. Sure is hard to make a guy card isn't it? Remember when our parents were our age and we thought they were old, now look, we are there. Hope your Dad has a wonderful birthday and hope he loves his gift, which I know he will. Hope he is not too upset that there are no flowers on his card LOL!!!! Have a nice weekend

Anonymous said...

Wow what a sweet card for your daddy girlie .. he will love it :-)
I am a Big fan of " A Tree for all seasons " such an adorable set .. xoxox
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Hey Dawn
See you did a card with no flowers .It is manly ,,haha
I like the color for ur tree ..lol
Great card ur Dad will love it ..it was made by you.

Corie said...

Great card for your DAD. Love it

Maria said...

Hey Dawn, what a fabulous card to give to your dad. The image just seems so symbolic.

Great job!

Maria

2 Worlds said...

I 've receive this Basic grey collection this week, it so pretty.

Anonymous said...

How cute is that!! I love that little stamp set too. Hope your dad had a great birthday!

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh how perfect is that set for that paper. Love the "celebrate life"! Such a great sentiment.

BTW your Christmas countdown is stressin me out-LOL!!!!