Saturday 27 October 2007

Blog Sketches and Challenges

Hey there!
I don't have much time now, as I sat around stamping for a couple of hours...lol Brian will be home shortly and I haven't a clue what we will have for dinner! Take out sounds great! :)
I wanted to do Lauren's sketch today so I made a card to go with this Pringles tin I decorated last night. I needed a little Halloween gift for Brian to take to work for a co-workers son. I'll let Chloe fill it up with candy...she'll love doing that! I had wanted to do Lauren's pop open belly band BUT could not find the magnets at my LSS today. Will try another store tomorrow. For now I did without. I realized when I stuck the black and orange ribbon on, that it was too darn low but it was STUCK good and I couldn't take it off...so there it sits! Thanks Lauren for a great sketch! I'll let you know when I do the pop open one.
Since I had this SU! Halloween paper out I gave Beate's Z-fold card another go! I really do like this fold! It's cool!
I don't know what I'm going to do when winter ends and I can't use my snowman stamps for a bit...although I still have 6 more months of winter...or there about! HAHA!
Jen70 had her weekly challenge on her blog, Stamping Therapy, posted today. You were to use alphabets on your card. So I decided to spell JOY...using the snowman as an O. I think I'm going to re-do this one using my fave colour combo right now(Wild Wasabi, So Saffron, Real Red).

Well girls....have yourselves a GREAT night! It's hockey night for us....Go OILERS!

15 comments:

Lauren (mytime) said...

I wish I got to stamp today!
These are all amazing! Of course.
See now Im in LOVE with the snowman card-those are currently my favorite combo of colors :D
Love it all.
Good luck with the Hockey game.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous! Love them all.

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Great job....I need to try this z-fold card. Love it!!!

Theresa said...

What great projects!!! But the JOY cards is a stand-out for me!!! Wonderful!!!

Anonymous said...

Love all the projects! The Z fold is really nice...will have to try that! TFS!

Unknown said...

dawn...all of these are spectacular, but i absolutely love the snowman joy card! great colors and layout! awesome job!

Nancy Riley said...

Looks like it was another busy stamping day for Dawn! These are all FANTASTIC cards ... love the pringles can too! Your z-fold card is incredibly cute, and the blues you used on the snowman card - yummy!

Andrea, said...

fabulous cards, love the halloween stamp

Anonymous said...

OH my goodness girlie your on a ROCK
Just super cute ..
xoxox
Dawn griffith

Anonymous said...

I love them all. Your pringles can with the matching card are wonderful! So is the Z fold Halloween card AND that adorable snowman card. You rock!!!
Hugs and smiles

Me, My Stamps and I said...

HI dawn,
great projects here, who needs dinner? your halloween projects are super cool !!!
love you gallery in SCS and of course now your blog.
with your permission, i want to add it on my fav blog.
chat

Rose Ann said...

Oh...I really love your Halloween goodies! Awesome!!

Your snowman card is also very cute!

Great stuff, Dawn!!

corinnesomerville said...

Dawn !!! These are gorgeous !!! Go lay down...you must be exahausted from all this creativity !!! Love these, girlfriend !! Wow !!! (can you tell I really, really love these :)

Have a great day my friend
Corinne

Anonymous said...

NEAT NEAT NEAT stuff - love that you're using the Pringles can! Little kids would load that up with all kinds of junky trinkets when Halloween is over! The JOY card with the snowman in the middle - very clever!

Anonymous said...

Wow, four amazing projects, good thing you're not asking which is my favorite, I'd have a hard time deciding!!!