Tuesday 30 October 2007

SCS Colour Challenge

Oh my goodness is it ever chilly here today! I sent Chloe to school in her winter jacket! I need to pull my mittens out and wear them tomorrow for sure! My hands were freezing while I was out on supervision at school today! I should be setting a good example for the kids...lol
Today is the Colour Challenge on SCS. I like all these colours but never would have put them all together before this. Tempting Turquoise, Real Red and So Saffron. I had wanted to do a Christmas card with them(as it's my goal to do one a day) but I just could not make it work. I have seen a lot of GREAT ones in the gallery today though. So I'll give it another go later on.
I'm going to need a baby card again soon. We have a couple of teachers expecting! I thought this card would suit either a boy or girl...or at least I hope so!
Supplies Used:
Stamp Sets: Wild About You, Nice and Narrow
Cardstock: Temp. Turq., Real Red, So Saffron, WW
Inks: Temp. Turq., So Saffron
Accessories: CB dry embossing folder, Red and Turq. Grosgrain Ribbon, Mat Pack and Paper Piercer, Photo Corner Punch, Stampin Dimensionals
I remember when I first got this Make A Wish Set from GinaK!!! I used it often but then it got pushed back because of all the other holidays that are coming up. What better colours to use for a child's birthday! So fun!
I wanted to keep this simple. Mostly because I was running out of time before having to leave for the school. I think I'll add some glitter to the stars ;)
Supplies Used:
Stamp Set: Make A Wish by GinaK, Nice & Narrow(star shape)
Cardstock: Temp. Turq., Real Red, So Saffron, Confetti White
Inks: Black Stazon, Real Red, So Saffron, Temp. Turq.
Accessories: Aqua Painter, Stampin Dimensionals

Tomorrow is Halloween! Are you all ready?! I will put up my blow up stacking pumpkins in the afternoon. Last year it was too windy and cold -15C to bother...lol
I think Brian is taking Chloe Trick or Treating and I'll hand out the candy! YAH! I get to stay warm ;)

11 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

These are adorable, that is a great color combo, who would have thought, love your cuttlebug background.

Lori said...

This is such an eye-catching color combination--I have to give it a try later today. I love the baby card-perfect for a boy or a girl. That giraffe is one of my favorite images for baby cards.

Me, My Stamps and I said...

hi dawn,
i really love both...great embossed CB BG on the first, the ribbons are suchb a delightful touch, the stars card layout is really cute (almost how I did mine)
Great idea on the glitter, i love glitter!!!
chat

Angel said...

Great cards, Dawn! Perfect for kid bdays!

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh I need to get my butt in gear and do a challenge!
Hope Chole has a great Halloween!!!
I agree-great colors for a b-day!

Anonymous said...

I love that Make a Wish card - it looks simple....but it's so cute for a kid, you're right....and the stars on the paper complete it - great card.

Unknown said...

loved both of these today, dawn!

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

I love these colors together.....Great Job Dawn!!!

Anonymous said...

Adorable cards!! You probably don't wanna hear that it's gonna be 17 here tomorrow huh? ;) LOL!!

Anonymous said...

so Bright and Vivid girlie .. Love those colors .. they just pop out at ya

xoxxo
Dawn Griffith

Rose Ann said...

Wow, your colors really pop on these pretty cards, Dawn! Awesome!!