Saturday 12 January 2008

A Couple Card Challenges

The past couple of days have been super crazy busy making cards!
Friday are one of my favourite days of the week. Both Beate and Sharon posts challenges on their blogs.
This first card is for Sharon's challenge on her blog HERE.
You were to make a TALL and THIN card....vertical ;)
I had to run out and buy a new 1 1/4 circle punch yesterday because my other one jammed up...total bummer!
BUT...
while I was at one of the LSS I found some of the NEW Basic Grey Two Scoops DP!!
I thought it would go great with this stamp I picked up in California last summer! I've seen many people doing these cool bows. Pam Bassett has a cool tutorial on her site for doing them! Check it out...her bows are GORGEOUS.
Beate posted her sketch yesterday morning but I didn't have a chance to do it until later in the day. With the sun setting so early, I ran out of time to photograph it. Be sure to check out Beate's sketch on her blog HERE.
Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!
I feel a cold coming on....ugh....


20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dawn, I absolutely LOVE both of these!!! WTG! Course I always love them and yes, I'm biased - lol.
Hugs & Love,
Deb

Nancy said...

Both of these are great Dawn!!!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Dawn, both of your cards are so wonderful!!! I LOVE the DP on the tall and thin card!!! That ice cream cone is just too yummy and your bow -- WOW!!! The sketch card is lovely -- beautiful image and colors and so nicely done!!! So glad you played -- thanks much!!!

Rose Ann said...

Your tall ice cream cone card is sooo cute! I love the patterned paper, and pretty ribbons!!

Beautiful card for Beates' sketch! I love the colors, sparkle and bling! Sooo pretty!!

Maria said...

Hi Dawn! I love all your cards and all the bright happy colors! You did wonderfully with all of them. The pattern papers that you used are really pretty and you did great job with the bow!

Maria

Lori said...

Beautiful! The tall card is so fun--the ice cream image and the paper are a perfect pair.

Michelle said...

Love, love love these. I just love the ice cream cone one!

Anonymous said...

Dawn,
I love the coloring of the first card! You rock!
I love your take on my sketch as well. I enjoy coming to your blog!
Hugs and smiles

Anonymous said...

Wow! You have been a stamping machine!!! I loved looking at all your wonderful creations! So inspiring! ;)

Nancy Riley said...

Dawn, you just amaze me! Both of these cards are SPECTACULAR! The polka dot paper is PERFECT for the ice cream cone image! Lovin' everything about your Embrace Life card ... great prima and scallop circles!

Mary said...

This is the first time that I have visited your blog. Every thing that you have created is beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing.

Mary

Unknown said...

The Embrace Life card is stunning.

Dawns Stamping Shop said...

OH sooo yummy girlie .. Love all your coloring .. You did fantastic !!
xoxox
Dawn griffith

Lauren (mytime) said...

OMG! You HAVE been busy. LOVE the icecream stack. Way cute. You make me want that BG paper. Hasn't appealed to me till now.
The floral one is also gorgeous. That black makes it really POP.

Corie said...

These are GORGEOUS, but all of your creations are. I especially love the first one, so bright and cheery!!

Angie Kennedy Juda said...

Girl, your cards are beautiful!!! love that bow and will have to check that out! Have a good day!!

Anonymous said...

Dawn, Have you ever tried Cold Fx? I did this winter and it really did work for me. I also combine it with 1000 mg of Vit C timed release. Hope you are feeling better.

Lorri

Janine said...

Both cards are beautiful.. We have been so busy this weekend I haven't had a chance to do any stamping... Will hopefully get into my stamp room tonight...
Feel better !!

Carolyn King said...

Soo cute! I esp love the ice cream tall card but both are sooo nice!

Great job on the challenges.

Deb said...

Fabulous summery card, just what we need to remind us the winter will end! I love your take on Beate's sketch, so beautiful and elegant!