Saturday 26 January 2008

Saturdays sketches

Yah! It's Saturday! I love the weekends...LOL!
This morning Chloe and I headed out to do a few errands and of course we HAD to stop at the LSS. I found some new stamps from Inque Boutique for a pretty good price. So I thought I would try them out. Figured if they didn't work that great I wouldn't be out too much money. Turns out they work pretty darn good. Not so well on WC paper but then it's always hit and miss if you don't ink and press properly. I used them on my second card.
Onto the sketches I did!
This first one is from Lauren's blog. I didn't get my center panel quite long enough or rather the DP layer is too big...haha! Either way it's a little different. I like how this one turned out! I need a baby card for one of the teachers who recently had a little girl. I always seem to do PINK for girls and wanted it to be different this go round ;)
Stamps: Wild About You
Cardstock: Barely Banana, Certainly Celery, Wild Wasabi, WW and Celery Prints Paper
Inks: Barely Banana, Certainly Celery
Accessories: Celery Grosgrain Ribbon, Dimensionals, 1 3/8", 1 1/4", 1 1/8", 1/2" Circle punch
Here is the card I made using those new stamps. They are from Inque Boutique and called Bunnies and Chicks. I also used a little chick from last years Bunny Hugs by SU!
Be sure to check out this sketch by Jen on her blog! I added a little extra layer with the sentiment. My Designer Paper layer was placed a little low so I didn't have room to stamp at the bottom.
Stamps: Inque Boutique Bunnies and Chicks, Bunny Hugs
Cardstock: Barely Banana, Bashful Blue, Groovy Guava, WC Paper and Imaginisce For Peep's Sake DP
Ink: Versafine Black Onyx, Groovy Guava, Barely Banana, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories: Aqua Painter, Scallop Punch, 1 3/8"Circle Punch, Celery Grosgrain, Dimensionals

Thanks for stopping by today! Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

13 comments:

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh what a great neutrl baby card. You make alot of baby cards! WHAT does that mean??????????HMMMMMMMM.
These are so cute. Love your new stamp find. That paper is delicious!

Deb said...

Love the baby card, gorgeous colours! The easter card is very pretty, so good to see it, reminds us spring is not that far away!

Donna Baker said...

these are great!!! I have Jen's sketch on my to do list...

Angie Kennedy Juda said...

Both cards are beautiful Dawn!!!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

These are both absolutely adorable!!! Such yummmy papers and delightful designs!!!

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

very cute baby cards..I don't know anyone having babies anymore, but love to make those kind of cards. thanks for sharing...Sounds like a fun time.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful cards GF! looks like spring is in the air :-) YAHOO!!
xoxox
Dawn griffith

Lori said...

Love the baby card! That giraffe is one of my faves for those kind of cards.

Deborah said...

Love your cards! I was just going through some stamps and saw my Bunnie stamps! I guess we are all wanting to see those spring flowers! Have a good weekend! Deb

Deborah said...

Love your cards! I was just going through some stamps and saw my Bunnie stamps! I guess we are all wanting to see those spring flowers! Have a good weekend! Deb

Alex said...

these are sooo cute Dawn, I just love that little Easter card which will be here before you know it! Looks like you got a good deal after all *wink* *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Rose Ann said...

Your cards are so adorable!! Love the colors/papers and stamps you've used! You are so good at keeping up with all of the challenges too!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Oh, I like your first card sketch challenge! Thanks for the inspiration, it gives me an idea... Your weather sounds incredible, you can come join me in Arizona, it should be in the 60's today.