Monday 21 January 2008

Time to Shop!

So it was another BORING day sitting at home getting well. I'm not used to doing NOTHING at all. Ok so I could have cleaned the house, done some laundry or cooked....but I chose to stamp instead...haha!
I am feeling a bit better today. Not coughing or blowing my nose half as much. I had to run out to the grocery store today and the lady at the checkout asked if I was auditioning for Rudolph....guess my nose IS a little red ;)
Last week I received this My Favorite Things Stamp set from Paper Pretties in the mail. I am sooooooooo loving this image! It will see a lot of ink!
I used some of the Basic Grey Two Scoops DP along with Certainly Celery, Soft Sky,WW and Confetti cardstock. The yummy ribbon is some that I received from Paper Pretties as well. It's gorgeous isn't it??!! I added some dollar store bling to the ribbon and the sentiment.
I LOVE how this card turned out! Can I say that? LOL...sounds funny!
My very good friend, Michelle, sent me a HUGE box of goodies from Target last week. She included some pink and some red mailboxes AND some of these really cool blue wintery tin houses. Can't wait to alter those babies!
I decided to pull out some DP that Brian had picked up at Costco and cover a pink mailbox and make a little card. I'm going to stuff it with some little sweet treats and drop it to a friend I haven't seen in months! It's so fun to surprise someone, isn't it?!
Thanks for stopping by today!

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you're feeling at least a little better! It stinks to be sick!

Your MFT came out gorgeous, love that paper! And your friend is going to LOVE her mailbox. That's so super nice!

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear you're sick, dawn!!!glad you are feeling a little better. get well soon...
tfs,
chat

Alex said...

Glad to hear you are doing a little bit better! Your mailbox is darling - I made one today too that I am posting tomorrow! I figured I better since I bought TWENTY of them - LOL! *STAMPIN HUGS* alex

Anonymous said...

Love that DP it is beautiful.

Alhambra Club said...

Your card is beautiful, love all the layers and bling. That mailbox is adorable.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the shopping card - so pretty and cute. The mail box turned out GREAT and I LOVE the HI card, the placement of the letters is great and what pretty spring colors you're using!!! I had sunshine the whole day today so I'm really in Spring mood! Great job, Dawn and so glad you're feeling better!Hugs, Deb

Carolyn King said...

Love all of these.
The MFT card is amazing. love the little bling stickers and great colors.

Love the altered mailbox and card too. That dp is perfect and this is one of my fav color combinations.

Wonderful job!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Both are just gorgeous! Don't worry about cleaning. . .the dirt will still be there when you're feeling better. . .unfortunately! :)

Christina Fischer said...

SO glad you're feeling better!! Your card and gift set are fantastic -- love the colors and papers and all the fun embellies! :)

Anonymous said...

You gotta be kidding me!!! This is the sweetest mailbox EVER!!! I have yet to find one of these....we need a Target in Ontario!!! Thanks for sharing and glad you're feeling better!

Rose Ann said...

I love your MFT card!! Pretty, pretty colors, and I love the ribbon and bling!!

Your little mailbox and card are super nice as well! Love the green and pink!!

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Simply Sweet!!! Love everything about this (((Hugs)))

Dawns Stamping Shop said...

Hi Dawn .. Love love love all your BLING baby !! Looks awesome .. shopping with an attitude .
Great matching set too Love those mailboxes..Awesome DS paper too
Have a Great day GF!
xoxo
Dawn G

Becky Elfert said...

The card and mailbox are great! Love the colors. Hope you're feeling better. TFS

corinnesomerville said...

You absolutely should say that you LOVE the way this card turned out....cause....it's GORGEOUS !!! I'm glad you're feeling better, Rudolph..I mean Dawn..hehehe.
Hey !! I just got the card you sent me and can I say...I LOVE IT AND IT'S ABSOLUTELY DROP DEAD GORGEOUS !!! I'll be posting a picture of it on my blog soon. Keep taking care of yourself !!!

Unknown said...

Absolutely adorable Dawn!!!!TFS

Deb said...

I love that card, such beautiful colours. The mailbox and card are so sweet, I hope we get some in the Uk soon, they'd make great gifts!

Angie Kennedy Juda said...

Wow girlfriend...I love that card and the bling is awesome!!! Cute mail box and matching card too!!! I see being sick didn't drain your creativity...hee hee