Wednesday 2 January 2008

Valentine Bucket


This is one of those projects that I started before Christmas but with all the volunteer stuff going on at the school I never completed it.
I'd had the paper and ribbon stuck to the can already. Figured I could use it as a Valentine Can. The Winter Bright SSK looks sweet doesn't it?
Not too sure WHAT will go in the can yet but I'm sure Chloe will find something yummy to put in there for a teacher.
I've had some of these cans since July when we picked them up at a hobby store in California. It's one of the things I'd been hoarding and it's now time to start using them up!
This is the top of the can. I used the Winter Bright SSK stickers on the top and then stamped the flower from Happy Heart Day in the middle.
Instead of colouring it in, I decided to use Cotton Candy and Red Stickles for a little bling.
This stamp set Happy Heart Day is now available to purchase from the Spring and Summer SU! Catty. It's so cute!
Thanks for stopping by today! I may be back later with the SCS Sketch Cards.

19 comments:

Dottie K. said...

OMG Dawm this is just so adorable. I love the colors and it's just so cheery. Perfect! Love the layering on the top of the can. :)

Alhambra Club said...

This is so cute, love the bright colors and papers

Anonymous said...

First of all how DEPRESSING it is to see the Daytona countdown now and it's STILL SOOOOOO far away - lol. Can't wait! At least we'll have the Shootout the week previous.....

I know exactly what you can do with ONE of these darling cans! Use it to send all the cards I want to buy ....... isn't that a great idea???? Gonna send you an e-mail of # and types I need and we'll go from there, ok? That stamping obsession of yours need to start being more of a $ maker so we can show Brian an obsession can 'pay' off! lol

The can is darling and all the recent creations are fantastic, as always!
Hugs,
Deb

Anonymous said...

SOOO cute! LOVE it!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

This looks great! I have a couple sitting around waiting for me too, thanks for the inspiration.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh just adorable, Dawn! I love it!

Carolyn King said...

Glad you came back to finish it....it is soo stinkin cute! GREAT job on this!

Bethany Paull said...

It's wonderful! Love how you colored with the Stickles. My nine year old niece is name Chloe too.

Alex said...

This is stinkin' cute Dawn!! I am sure the lucky recipient will LOVE it!!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Anonymous said...

How cute is this!?!?! LOVE IT!!!! Thanks for sharing, I may just have to totally case this one!!! Heather

Rose Ann said...

Super cute paint can, Dawn!! I LOVE how you've decorated it! Those colors are so pretty, and I love all the ribbon!

Lori said...

This is just adorable! It will make a perfect Valentine's Day treat holder.

Anonymous said...

Dawn, like all your work....it's gorgeous! Love the paper and all the ribbon you used. And of course that stamp set is perfect for a Valentine treat can.
Hugs!

Christina Fischer said...

Sooooo cute, Dawn! I just love this SS Kit -- too bad it's gone!!

Rhonda Kelly said...

So Sweet! I love it. TFS

Anonymous said...

love the birdie tin can, dawn. love the colors, too.
love your new mugshot !!!!
tfs,
chat

Anonymous said...

I'm just like you, I've had one of those containers forever & haven't used it. I love love love that Winter Bright paper with it! Great idea!!

Deb said...

what a gorgeous can, lucky teacher! It would be good with muffins in as a gift!

One Scrappy Gal said...

This is so cute!! I'm loving me the Stickles by the way!! :)

How did you cut the lid paper so perfectly? With mine, you can always see that it was cut by a blind person. :)