Wednesday 2 January 2008

Embracing Life

Are you all loving this new Ginger Blossom Designer Paper as much as I am? I have never been much of a Groovy Guava or River Rock fan BUT this paper has turned me into one! I LOVE it!

This card is for todays SCS Sketch Challenge. It's a wonderful sketch and I'm sure to use it over and over again!
The base is Groovy Guava. I layered the Ginger Blossom DP on River Rock. I stamped the flower from Embrace Life in Timber Brown Stazon onto Very Vanilla Cardstock. I then coloured the flowers with Groovy Guava and outlined them in Cameo Coral. The ribbon is from May Arts. It matches wonderfully with Groovy Guava!!

Brian had picked up some little candy tins from a LSS in November. I was soooooooooo excited when he showed them to me, but they soon ended up on my shelf of things to be altered.


I'd really like to stop hoarding so many things and use them. Out came this cute little tin again!

I covered it in some Bali Breeze DP that was on my desk. I have a little basket of images that I had stamped and coloured. I dug through it and found another little birdie. The sentiment is from Verve Visual.

Inside the tin I made 5 or 6 little cards. Remember the little ones from awhile back. Think they may have been from a mini. They are like the long notes but way smaller. Anyway, I just embellished them a little with Happy Birthday, Thinking of You, Thanks or You Make Me Smile.
I have a few friends having birthdays soon and this would be a nice gift to give to one of them.

21 comments:

Jody Morrow said...

That is SO adorable! I love that tin! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Dawn darling your card is amazing .. I so love your layout .. Must case .. Even though I don't have this set Boo Hoo I will put it on my wish list just cause of what you did with it .. Love it .. and OH your tin is adorable too . Great goodies today
as usual
Love ya
Dawn griffith

Dottie K. said...

Wow Dawn the card is so beautiful. Love those colors and the layout. That tin is just so adorable. Love the bright and cheery colors - what a great gift idea. I'm sure whomever receives it will love it. :)

Alhambra Club said...

Love that card, the colors and that stamp is beautiful. Your altered tin is nice a bright. lovely.

Unknown said...

Dawn, I just LOVE your ginger blossom card, so cheerful and springy! (Unlike the weather here today in the Northeast!)

Super cute tin. I want to play more with my bali breeze paper!!!

Anonymous said...

Dawn, your card is beautiful and your altered can is absolutely adorable!

Janine said...

Love your work... I can hardly wait to get my kits that I justordered from the New Catalogue..
Have a great day !!

Donna Baker said...

yes, Dawn! I love the new papers! Love your new banner and your mugshot is great! what a great card & candy tin

mudmaven said...

Dawn these are absolutely wonderful! This color combination looks so good with the new stamp sets - need to get myself going on these! Great inspiration. TFS ~chris

Alex said...

Ooh, the tin and card are so cute Dawn - love them both! You rock girl! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Rose Ann said...

Your card is sooo beautiful, and I love your cute little can! Awesome!!

Dawn Wheeler said...

Wow beautiful work ,love your alted tin,Dawnxx

Christina Fischer said...

Dawn, that card is beautiful! The paper and image are perfect for that sketch! That tin is so cute -- what a great gift idea!

Anonymous said...

Love the tin! The colours are great! I really like your card as well and agree with you about the Guava but now that I have the paper I LOVE it!!!

Anonymous said...

This is sooo cute & I love cute!

Michelle
blog.michellescrapbooking.com

Deborah said...

Beautiful card! Love it! Adorable tin! Deb

nancy said...

Dawn, both projects are amazing! Great job on the sketch challenge, and that little birdie tin is adorable. Ginger blossom has totally changed my mind about river rock and guava too!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, your card is beautiful and that tin is too cute!!!! That bird always puts a smile on my face.
Is that watermark new? I like it alot!! Have a good day!!

Carolyn King said...

That tin is precious! Love the card too....now i have to find that dp!

Great projects as usual!

Deb said...

Love the card, the colours are beautiful. the tin will be a fabulous gift, so pretty.

Lauren (mytime) said...

I dont have this paper but it is a MUST have soon! These are all so adorable Dawn!
BTW your Target pkg went postal today! Sorry for the delay! Amber was sick all week ;C