Sunday 20 January 2008

i{heart} sketches!

I know I'm supposed to be getting rest but how is stamping going to tire me out? LOL! Yesterday both Jen and Lauren posted their Saturday sketches. Today I decided to head downstairs and gather some supplies and get at it!!

Be sure to check out Lauren's sketch HERE.

My friend, Michelle, had sent me this pig stamp from GinaK a little bit ago. This was the first time it's seen ink. I think this cute little ribbon is some that I picked up at Walmart some time ago. The little flower charm is one that Lauren sent to me last week!! Wow they are heavy...haha! Thanks again Lauren for all the goodies ;)

I pulled out my Watercolour Crayons to colour the pig in. I love using those things! Chloe even arranged them for me. They had all gotten mixed up. She's such a good kid eh?!


Jen from i{heart}2stamp always has great sketches too. I knew I wanted to use Embrace Life and the Ginger Blossom DP. I'm so loving those together!! Aren't you?

I have tons of Build A Brads. Stocked up on them awhile ago. Maybe I over did it on this card...LOL

I left off a sentiment for now. I will stamp something when the time comes.

Thanks to everyone for their well wishes. I haven't felt this awful in a long time. I know it'll get better. I'm staying put this week so I should have tons of stamping time ;)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

both of these are amazing!! i always love your work!!

Deb said...

Both great cards, the pig is so cute and loving the ribbon, the blossom card is beautiful, has an oriental look.

Rose Ann said...

Your little pig is so cute, and I love the pretty ribbon, and flower charm!

Your card for Jen's challenge is so pretty! I love the flowers, papers, and the brads that you built! ;)

Fantastic cards, Dawn! Hope you're feeling better!

Angie Kennedy Juda said...

Wow you're sick and you stamp! What a woman..hee hee
Great cards girlfriend...love that cute piggy!

Alex said...

Both of these cards are stinkin' cute Dawn! I just love that pig and tthe build-a-brads are soooo awesome...I need to quit hoarding mine and break them out -LOL!

Get better girl! It is no fun having pneumonia (just got over it myself not too long ago) and you do need lots of rest. And, do me a favor and PM me with your snail addy. Take care of yourself! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

LOVE the cards. . .especially that adorable piggy! Hope you're feeling better!

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh I so love these. You are KILLING me with those DP's!!!
Im so sorry you have Pneumonia :C Sorry to say it works for ya (wink) your creations have rocked :D

Anonymous said...

I just realized I haven't posted over here in foreverrrrrrrrrrrr!! But all your stuff looks FANTASTIC! Love that you used the piggy!! I saw some more GinaK ones at my source for goodies for you - I'll send you a list and you tell me if you got 'em.

Nothing great at Target today - wah.

fran said...

They are both beautiful cards - but that little pig is just too cute! Hope you feel better soon!

Deborah said...

Such the die hard stamper!LOL! Wonderful cards, now go back to bed and take really good care of yourself! Hugs, Deb

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness your sketches are awesome girlie that Piggie is sooo stinkin cute .. Love both of youre cards
xoxox
Dawn griffith

corinnesomerville said...

I LOVE what you did with these sketches !!! I've been meaning to do them myself this weekend but I'll get to it later in the week :) LOVE LOVE LOVE the Embrace Life card..WOWZA !!! Once again my friend....do you hear my nagging voice now...REST REST REST REST !!!

Love ya

Becky Elfert said...

I don't think you can ever over do Build-A-Brads. I love this card. I'm totally in love with Ginger Blossom. Great card. I see some casing in my future. TFS

My Paper World said...

They are both gorgeous! How cute is that little piggy!!!

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you can be that sick and still produce such great cards! I would have NO creativity! You're amazing...and the cards are pretty great too! Hope you get better soon! ;)