Saturday 5 January 2008

The Sweetest Thing

Saturday's are one of my favourite days of the week for making cards. There are always so many choices out there for things to do. I try my best to do Jen's sketch each week from her blog i{heart}2stamp.

This week I knew I wanted to use some of the new SU! rub ons. I grabbed some of my Onboard Chipboard hearts and craft inks Pretty in Pink and Choc Chip. After heat setting them, I cut out the rub on that I wanted and applied it. The buttons are some that Brian picked up for me. The flirty ribbon that runs under the panels is retired from SU!.


Don't look too close at my paper piercing...it went crooked...haha!

Sharon from No Time To Stamp? put out her weekly challenge yesterday and it was to make a card Long and Low. I haven't made a card like this since probably Easter last year! I'd already had the Designer Paper out from my first card today so thought I'd just make another Valentine's Day card.

The butterfly has a little bit of glitter on her wings too. The next photo explains the little tags better.

Here is a close up of the heat and shrink plastic tags I made. I can't remember the correct name for this stuff that SU! used to sell a few years ago. Mine is white.


I stamped some of the saying from the hostess set, So Many Sayings. I punched them out with a Word Window Punch and the small hole is with the Crop-A-Dile. I just used my heat gun to shrink them up.


I then thread them through some silver elastic cord and used small glue dots to keep them in place so they didn't move around.


Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! Thanks for stopping by!

17 comments:

Rose Ann said...

Oh...I love your card with the big chipboard heart and rub ons!! It's so pretty!

Your card with the shrink plastic tags is awesome too!

Love them both!

Anonymous said...

OMG!! I love these, how beautiful is that card with the hearts.

Debbie M.

corinnesomerville said...

Wow...I love what you did with Jennifer's sketch challenge !! Gorgeous !!! I have to tell you I still can't get over yesterday's "Embrace Life" card....it's just absolutely stunning...definately gonna case that one when I get my set soon !!!

Have a good one
Corinne

Nancy Riley said...

WOW WOW WOW!!!! Dawn, both of these cards are AMAZING!!! Why don't you just come to Phoenix and make all of my Valentine's Day cards for me?! lol! The shrinky dink tags are brilliant!

Rhonda Kelly said...

Both of these cards are just fabulous! Oh I just love Valentine's Day!!! The cards are always so cute and sweet. Great job.

Anonymous said...

OK, loving the shrinky tags! I am going to have to try that one! I forget about shrink art but you just gave me the perfect reason to pull them out....thanks!!!!

Anonymous said...

I didn't think you could top the Beate card but I think you just may have with the Valentine Cards - oh how adorable they BOTH are. I love the first one .... I love the second one. Just can't pick one and say it's the best cause they're each unique. Repeat after me......virtual store........
HUGS & Love,
Deb

Anonymous said...

Wow! You are soo productive!! I'm extremely impressed! Love your cards and that bg dp is divine! Looking forward to working the guest room with you at Paper Pretties! Hugs!!

Tracy.H said...

Okay...these are great! I love the second one!! I really need to try some of that shrink stuff some day...I am so behind on some things!! ;0)

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Love it!!! Hey congrats on being a Guest Designer for Paper Pretties.. I have received their card in a box kits for a few month now...

Danielle L. said...

These are gorgeous! The heart on a heart is a beautiful touch!!! P.S. Congrats on the Paper Pretties Guest Designer spot... we are going to have so much fun! :)

Christina Fischer said...

Ohmygosh -- these cards are fabulous!! Love the chipboard hearts, and those tags are too cute! You're creating some awesome stuff, girl!

Dawn M said...

Love both cards. esp the first one. I just love chipboard. Congrats on the design team, that is so exciting and very well deserved.

Dawn M said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deborah said...

Wonderful cards! So creative! Deb

Margaret Kane Ward said...

This is such a pretty card. I love the DP. Someone will be very lucky to get that card.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I don't know where to begin! Darling cards, you sure can get a bunch of stamping done in just a few days. How do you do it?