Wednesday 30 January 2008

SCS Sketch and a Paper Prettie Card

Today's Sketch Challenge on SCS was a nice simple layout. She asked us to use a flower if we could on the end. Lucky for me, I have tons of these things and rarely use them....today was the day!
This first card was created with Cameo Coral and Chocolate Chip cardstock. It was the flower that gave me the inspiration! I stamped the flowers and sentiment in Choc Chip Craft and used Clear Embossing Powder. The large flower is actually a paper one made by Making Memories.
Supplies:
Stamp: Fabulous Flowers
Cardstock: Cameo Coral, Choc Chip
Ink: Choc Chip Craft
Accessories: Clear EP, Mat Pack and Paper Piercer, Paper flower, Prima Flower, Misc Brad
Yah! I got to use my rub ons! Aren't they great?! These ones are from the Eastern Elegance set. My flower is actually a silk flower that I picked up at Michael's and took it apart. I used a few layers of the flower and added a prima with a big white brad to hold it together. I think it looks pretty good.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Night of Navy, Bashful Blue, Cutie Pie DP
Accessories: Eastern Elegance Rub Ons, Corner Rounder Punch, Round Tab Punch, Silk Flower, Prima Flower, Misc Brad, Misc Jewel
Yesterday I received the Snowflake Kisses stamp set from Christie at Paper Pretties.
I'm not much into winter and snow anymore...lol..probably because of the weather we have had the past few days! LOL...but I really wanted to stamp with the new set. I used some Cosmo Cricket Hey Sugar DP for my starting point. It's hard to tell in the picture but the snow is coloured in a light wash of Bashful Blue. The entire image was coloured with Watercolour Wonder Crayons. I'm sure liking these things lately! It's great when some old is new again!
Supplies:
Stamp Set: Snowflake Kisses
Cardstock: Soft Sky, Bravo Burgandy, Cameo Coral, Cosmo Cricket Hey Sugar DP
Inks: Versafine Black Onyx, Soft Sky
Accessories: Scallop Punch, Blender Pen, WC Crayons, Snowflake Brads, Small and Lg Oval Punches, Dimesionals
Thanks for stopping by today!

20 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Love your cards, the embossing on the first one and those adorable snowflake on the last card.

Tracy.H said...

You think it looks okay?? These are gorgeous!! Wow!

Oh...and by the way I tagged you for an award on my blog...go check it out! :0)

Bethany Paull said...

The clear ep on brown is gorgeous. I haven't placed a SU order for quite a while, but those rub-on's are on the top of my list. Love how you used them.

Allison Rankin said...

These look terrific!

Nancy Riley said...

Another day of FANTASTIC, FIRST CLASS, TOP NOTCH cards! You're somethin' else, Dawn !!!!!

Lori said...

These are great! I love the choc. chip/coral color combo--I never would have thought of that.

Anonymous said...

You took the "Dare to be Fabulous" and that's what these are! Love your cards today! Such a cool sketch!

Alex said...

Okay, whatya mean okay???? These are gorgeous girl - you have been very busy in your stampin' room!!! I have partial to the brown with that big flower, so warm, great card!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Becky G said...

They're all terrific, Dawn! Love the brown one the best, though!

Maria said...

Hi Dawn! Your cards came out fabulous! Those big flowers are so stunning! I love them! The colors are so pretty! Your snow card is cute too! I love the color combo and pattern paper! They're fabulous!

Maria

Anonymous said...

Oh my look at those fabulous flowers ... Just beautiful .. Hip- Hip- Horray for Rub ons .. Love them and love how you used them on your creations girlie ..
xoxox
Dawn Griffith

corinnesomerville said...

Hey Dawn:

I love the way you did the clear embossing....beautiful !!!

Janine said...

Wow you have been busy !! Great cards. It is nice to sit indoors and get some wonderful inspiration..

Deb said...

Such beautiful cards, I love the chocolate and pink combination, so striking. The flowers are amazing and I love this cute image of the snow angel, so sweet!

Marilyn said...

The embossing detail on the first card is awesome!!And love your flower combos as well as your use of the rubons!!

Rose Ann said...

Beautiful cards for the sketch!!!

Your Snowflake Kisses card is adorable too!!

Corie said...

OK, you just outdid your self on these cards -- and that is saying something!! I love them all!!

Lauren (mytime) said...

OK Finally placing a SU order! Theyse are going on my list! LOVE that blue flower too!

Lauren (mytime) said...

OK Finally placing a SU order! Theyse are going on my list! LOVE that blue flower too!

Anonymous said...

Those first 2 cards are GREAT - I love that Dare to be fabulous stamp - they both remind me of the tags you used to make. And the last card - that must be a Paper Pretties stamp!