Wednesday 16 January 2008

SCS Sketch Cards

YAH! I stamped!!! I'm feeling much better today...thank goodness! I mean, I still have this NASTY cough and I sound crappy but I FEEL good!
The sketch challenge on SCS is one that I can't really miss ;)
This elephant is adorable!!! It's definitely an image I will use for anything.
I stamped the image in Black Stazon and colour with PrismaPencils and Gamsol. I added stickles to the heart and to the butterfly. The ribbon is from May Arts and the Designer Paper is from Scenic Route. I think the rest is pretty straight forward.
A few months ago I had ordered a couple of stamps from Cornish Heritage Farms. This being one of them. It hadn't seen ink yet and I thought it went great with this Designer Paper I picked up last week. It's hard to tell in the picture but the little flowers are covered in glitter. It was such a pretty paper I could not pass it up!!
I stamped the image in Black Stazon onto Watercolour Paper. I used my Aqua painter to colour in with Soft Sky. The centers were lightly coloured with Barely Banana.
Thanks for all the well wishes yesterday! They must have helped!
Hope you all have a GREAT day and thanks for stopping by!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah!!! you're back!!! glad you are feeling better! LOVE the cards! oh and I like this pic of you better on your blog. the other one was well I don't know . . . blah? snort! you look much more alive in this one and oh so pretty! snort !
glad to have you back AND stamping!
muah !
Tina

Janine said...

Glad you are feeling better..
Great cards !!

Tracy.H said...

These are great! Glad to hear that you are feeling better. :0)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. I missed that you were sick! I am glad you are feeling better!!!!
Both of your cards are wonderful!
Hugs!!!

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Glad your feeling better...Praying for you!!! (((Hugs)))

Alhambra Club said...

Love the elephant and your vase card is so elegant.

Angie Kennedy Juda said...

Hey girl, I'm soooo happy to hear you're feeling better...hope it travels to my hubby. I need my space back..hee hee
Both of your cards are really cute...I really love the Valentine one, it just puts a smile on my face!!
See ya

Becky G said...

So glad your feeling better, Dawn! I missed your creativeness (is that a real word?). Both of these are fantastic! The first one is cute and fun and the second one is soft and pretty! Such diversity with the same layout! You rock girl!!!

Lori said...

Love both of these! I totally agree with you on the elephant--I know I'll be using that image a lot. Glad you're feeling better!

Rose Ann said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better, Dawn! We've missed your beautiful work! I love BOTH of your cards today! Just fabulous!!!!

corinnesomerville said...

Wow !!! Gorgeous cards...being sick hasn't effected you at all !! Good girl did you remember my advice though....
REST REST REST REST !!!

Love ya :)

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Dawn,
both of these cards are super sweet. I really love the first one. Your blog header is cool too. You have been busy! Chris

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh so cute. The last one is just gorgeous! LOVE the sublte color.
Glad you are feeling better

Anonymous said...

I am sooo happy to hear your feelinjg better .. Aint nothing worse than feeling yucky and not stampin HUH? Your cards are adorable girlie ..
xoxox
Dawn griffith

Deb said...

Glad you are feeling better, I had a similar bug since New Year, still coughing yet!
Your cards are stunning, I love the stamps and they are beautifully coloured, they do go so well with the DP!

Deborah said...

The ellie is a must have stamp! Love what you did with it! Your flowers in the vase is so nice too! Take good care of yourself! Deb

Anonymous said...

So glad you're feeling better! You are definitely back...the cards look great! ;)