Wednesday 22 October 2008

Challenges!

Good Wednesday Morning!

Wow I have a LOT to share this morning so please scroll down to see it all. Let's keep our fingers crossed that this post doesn't look all wonky when it goes live...I've edited about 5 times now....lol

Wednesday's tend to be busy days with a couple of my Design Teams doing challenges plus this week we have a mid-week Our Creative Corner Challenge.

This first card I am sharing with you is from yesterday's Colour Challenge of Choc Chip, Pink Pirouette and Kiwi Kiss.

This is a SU! only card.

Stamps: Pocket Silhouettes; Cardstock: Choc Chip, Pink Pirouette, Kiwi Kiss, WW and Bella Rose DP; Inks: Kiwi Kiss, Pink Piroutte, Choc Chip; Accessories: SU scalloped edge punch, Mat pack and Paper Piercer, Dimensionals

We have a mid-week challenge for you from the OCC! Julee has challenged us to a Vintage Verve card. What's that you ask? Hop on over to Our Creative Corner and see what it's all about. You never know what surprises may be in store for you there!!





For my image panel I first stamped the flower in Creamy Caramel and then Choc Chip. I then sponged the panel with Creamy Caramel, then Close to Cocoa and then Choc Chip on the edges.



I love the look of a monochromatic card but don't do them very often. I'm more of a colourful card person. I thought these colours would be nice for a Sympathy card that I was in need of.

Stamps: Serenity; Cardstock: Close to Cocoa, Choc Chip, Creamy Caramel, WW and Bella Rose DP; Inks: Choc chip, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa; Accessories: SU! scalloped edge punch, Sponges, Word Window Punch, Small oval punch, Choc Satin Ribbon, Primas and Vintage Brad


I've got an All That Scraps challenge for you now. This week it's a Colour Challenge of Bravo Burgundy, Old Olive and Sahara Sand.

Christmas was my first thought, so I ran with it! Isn't this tree from CC Designs Sugarplums Christmas Scene cute?! It's so fun to colour!!


I didn't have a Christmas sentiment so I used a SU! hostess set called Best Yet.


We hope you will play along with us at ATS! If you upload to the gallery please use keyword ATSDTC23.

Stamps: Sugarplum's Christmas Scene, Best Yet(SU!); Cardstock: Bravo Burgundy, Old Olive, Sahara Sand, WW and Haiku dp; Inks: Adirondack Black, Bravo Burgundy; Accessories: Copics, SU! scalloped edge punch, Mat pack and paper piercer, 5/8" old olive ribbon, Dimensionals

Storage Unit, Inks & More has a challenge out today too! Whatchadoin' Wednesday is about Treats for our Sweets!


Do you still need a last minute treat holder for Halloween? Already done with that, how about a special treat for a loved one. Could be cookies, candy, cupcake any type of sweet treat and a creative way to present it.

This is what I came up with!

We are trying not to do sweets in this house and I wasn't about to buy some for this project so I pulled out some Pumpkin Seeds ;) This was a super easy holder to make. A 4.25 x 11 piece of cardstock. Scored at 4.5, 5.5 and 10. I used my nesties to cut a hole in the front so you can see the clear bag full of pumpkin seeds. Easy peasy! Check out SUINK for more details and to see what the other girls have created!

Stamps: Giving Thanks; Cardstock: More Mustard, Tangerine Tango, WW; Inks: Memento Black; Accessories: Copics, Circle Punches, Oval punch, Designer label punch, SU scalloped edge punch, nesties, Choc poly twill ribbon, Dimensionals, plastic bag

32 comments:

Lydia Fiedler said...

Wow Dawn!!!

the pumpkin seeds are a great idea! Super cute!!

:)

Lydia
www.understandblue.blogspot.com

Alhambra Club said...

These are fantastic, love them all, you hae been busy.

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Love all your challenge cards, especially love the pumpkin seed idea. I hear you on keeping the treats out..

Rose Ann said...

Love your SU only card!! Such pretty colors, papers, images, piercing...everything!! Your Verve card is very beautiful with all of the browns, and I love your whimsical tree card!! Your little Indian card is sooo cute (love the layout), and your treat pouch is perfect!! Gosh...I just love it all!!

הבלבוסטה said...

Love the first card, the color combination to die for....
I really like the treat bag. I should try it sometime. We don't celebrate hallowean, but I'm sure I could find a good time to do it.

Jessica Diedrich said...

Wow some great cards! TFS!

Anonymous said...

It DOES look WONKY - ROTFL

Love the little pumpkin seed bags you made!

Kelly Schelske said...

Oh my goodness, you have been so busy!! Fabulous challenges, all of them!! I really like the top one, friend to friend, very pretty colors!! Great job!! The alyout looked perfect in Google Reader:-)

Have a fabulous day!! Kelly

Anonymous said...

How do you always manage to get so much done - and it always looks great?! =) Awesome job - all the cards are beautiful.

Cindy Haffner said...

Wow girl you have been busy, love all your cards so lovely.

Renée said...

Holy cow, total busy day, eh? Each project looks fantastic!! and yes, great minds do think alike!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Darling cards and project Dawn! LOVE the fun designs on the cards and that pumpkin treat looks so sweet & yummy!

Have a wonderful day,
Jennifer :)

Betty J Schaub said...

Dawn all of your cards are so pretty and that first one is so elegant and pristine! Love Em!!!

Maria said...

Wow, Dawn. . you've been seriously busy cranking out all the these cards and projects. How wonderful and all of them are just gorgeous.

I really love the the second card with the vintage look to it. Very nice!!

Arrggh, talking about Halloween. . .I don't want to even think about it. My daughter wants me to make a 108 of them for her Key Club. I don't think I have the energy to do it.

Love your treat box! Thanks for sharing it!!

Maria

Nancy Riley said...

WOW! Amazing projects, Dawn!

I thought you were on break??? Leave it to the most loyal stamper and blogger I know to not be able to stay away!

Hugs~
Nancy

Allison Rankin said...

Just gorgeous...they work you like a dog, don't they? My fav is the pocket silhouettes one!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Holy Moly, busy and fabulous! Love them all!

Catherine said...

WOW! all cards are just gorgeous...love all of them.

Anonymous said...

ok I tried posting once and it got lost in hyperspace I guess. lol

Anyway.. what I was saying is how totally amazing you are!! I am a really slow stamper so when I see so many wonderful creations from you all at once it is well... amazing!!

Hope to play along on the OCC!

Paula Barin said...

WOW, you've been busy. Love the colours you used. I love them all!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Dawn, I love your projects! Pumpkin seeds are so yummy and healthy!

MJ said...

These are all fabulous Dawn. I too love the sunflower seed idea. They are my favorite! Super job with all the challenges.

Deborah said...

Busy alrighty! How about marathon Wednesday?! Each card is a tresure Dawn. I adore the pumpkin seeds treat bag, I must give that a go! My DH loves them! Deb

Lori said...

Wow--look at all of these beauties! I love your color challenge card and the vintage verve card, too. I might have to give that a try.

Stamp and Smile said...

WOW!! Someones the energizer bunny! You have great cards in this post... ALL your posts I should say! Thanks for sharing!! Michelle :)

Stamp and Smile said...

WOW!! Someones the energizer bunny! You have great cards in this post... ALL your posts I should say! Thanks for sharing!! Michelle :)

Lisa Nagata said...

Awesome cards and Treat bag with pumpkin seeds.Have a Great Thursday!! Talk to you tomorrow.

Carolina said...

They're all wonderful and love the little pumpkin seeds pouch - thanks for the dimensions!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Awesome cards as usual... love the piercing on the first... so elegant... that pumpkin seed bag is so cute! I love seeds. TFS!

Anonymous said...

Holy cow! How in the world do you do so much?! And it's always awesome!

Jennifer Love said...

YIKES! Busy girl! Wonderful work as always...you're always great to come visit for some inspiration. :)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Beautiful cards, as always! Love your Serenity vintage values. And I'm starting to think I really should have ordered pocket silhouettes. You work such magic with all your SU! stuff. (And other stuff too!) :)