Wednesday 1 October 2008

SCS Sketch Cards

Good Afternoon!
This morning after Chloe headed off to school I had a chance to sit down and work on todays SCS sketch challenge. I really think it's my favourite challenge out of all of them ;)
My first card is a SU! only card!
I added some Dazzling Diamonds to her shoes and coloured the sentiment with my markers for added interest.
Stamps: Humor in High Heels; Cardstock: Bashful Blue, So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie, WW and Washington Apple DP; Inks: Black, Saffron, Pumpkin, Bashful Blue; Accessories: 1/4" circle punch, Saffron Brads, Bashful Blue Striped Ribbon, Dimensionals, 2way glue pen and Dazzling Diamonds
Here is a second card I did using the sketch.
This stamp set is a new one from Storage Unit, Inks & More and is called Vote for Me. There are many patriotic images in this set and since I'm Canadian I thought I'd use the more generic images. See you can still use this set in other ways ;) I think this card would be great for someone running for School President or School Council.

Stamps: Vote for Me; Cardstock: So Saffron, Bashful Blue, Pumpkin Pie, Riding Hood Red, Core'dinations Blue, WW and Washington Apple DP; Inks: Memento Black; Accessories: Copic Markers, 1/2" circle punch, Bashful Blue Striped Ribbon, Dimensionals

Thanks for stopping by today!

27 comments:

Oreste said...

Hello Dawn, a salute from Rome. Ciao

Rose Ann said...

I love both of your sketch cards, Dawn!! Adorable images, and pretty papers!! You ROCK!!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

OH this is so cute! My dd is on the student's council this year...this would be so perfect for her! They "moved" that they would sell suckers on Monday's, 'cus Monday's suck!!

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Dawn~ This first card is so cute...Love the sketch challenges too..I also love how you did the sentiment in different colors along with the fabulous sparkly shoes! Awesome job!

Catherine said...

Dawn, both cards are just adorable..but i have to say love, love the first one =)

Kelly Schelske said...

Hey Dawn, They are both super!! I relaly like those papers, very fun:-) Kelly

Deborah said...

Oh I love those shoes! Not to mention the yummy paper! The vote card is certainly appropriate for here for the States right now! Great cards! Have a wonderful day! Deb

Bonnie said...

I love both of these cards Dawn! So, so!! cute!

Christina Fischer said...

CUTE!!! These are great challenge cards! :)

Rhonda Kelly said...

Love them both. Fabulous colors. And I really like all the layering. Great job!

Anonymous said...

Cinderella's glass slippers are so pretty and I love the colors. Time for change is cute too and very current.
Nice job of both!

MJ said...

Great sketch challenge cards. I love the shoes and the way you did the sentiment. And the Vote For Me on Rocks. The little circles on the side are perfect!

Unknown said...

So cute and I just love the Vote buttons on the side!! Adorable Dawn!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

very pretty cards !!!!!!awesome sketch, dawn. love the buttons!!!
tfs:)

Cindy Haffner said...

Super cute Dawn, I love the clean crisp lines.

Heather Schlatter said...

Dawn,
I adore your use of shapes and lines on the first card, and how you turned them around so they are opposite directions from each other!

Being a Demo I love to see SU cards only, course I have tons of non SU only cards I adore too!

Thanks for the sweet post on my blog about my Saturday Sketch card and Stamper's club project!

Being in Canada do you go to Convention here in the states?

The election card is perfect for our Country right now!

Keep up the wonderful designs and insperation!

Heather

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

These look gorgeous. I'll have to try the sketch challenges more often. You ROCKed them! :O)

Unknown said...

Oh how pretty! The cinderella slippers are fab!! :)

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Love them both -- just adorable -- but that first one is just so fresh and perky and *refreshing* -- fabulous job!!! TFS!!!

Alex said...

Awesome cards Dawn, love all the layering! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Bethany Paull said...

These are both so darned cute! I love those "I voted" buttons.

Beate said...

Awesome cards, Dawn! I love them both. You rocked this sketch!
Hugs and smiles

Michelle Head said...

Super cute! You make that shoe set look awesome :)

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

love the cards!

Marilyn said...

Fabulous card for this challenge Dawn!! I love the SCS sketches too only I don't ever have time to play much!

Lynn Put said...

Dawn,
You have totally rocked this Humor in High Heels stamp set! Every card I've seen you create using it is so fabulous and this card is no exception! Both of these cards are great using the sketch!

Jody Morrow said...

Awwww, I LOVE the shoe card! It's beautiful! You are making me want stamp sets that I don't have! That is BAD, Dawn!

See what I get for missing my blog reading for so long! LOL