Saturday 18 October 2008

Happy Saturday!

So any big plans for the weekend? I am going to try to get some stuff done around the house. Winter will be here before I know it and my yard still isn't prepped. I'm also thinking of taking a blog break...I'm in a funk and it's making me grumpy...I don't like being grumpy...lol
This week at Our Creative Corner, Lynda shared a fabulous sketch with us! Who doesn't like a good sketch?!
Other than the white brads(wish SU! made them) this is a SU! only card as is the one below too ;)
Hop on over to the OCC to see what surprises may be in store for you this week!!
I know the girls have created wonderful samples for this sketch.
Be sure to check out their blogs too!
Amy Sheffer
Cindy Haffner
Denise Marzec
Jennifer Meyer
Julee Tilman
Laurie Schmidlin
Lynda Benden

Supplies Used:
Stamps: Humor in High Heels; Cardstock: Rose Red, Old Olive, So Saffron, WW and Jr Varsity DP(blue is that too); Inks: Black, Saffron, Olive, Bashful Blue, Rose Red; Accessories: Blender Pen, Mat Pack and Paper Piercer, Old Olive Ribbon, White Brads, Dimensionals

Since I already had out the supplies to work on my OCC sketch card I thought it would be fun to try and use them for the Limited Supplies Challenge on SCS yesterday.
The limits were as follows. There must be blue, eyelets, ribbon and one side of a designer paper. No other tools were allowed to be used...ack! Well I guess I should be grateful that we could use some DP right?! You know I've had these Fresh Favorites I eyelets for a long time...it was GREAT to use them and they matched pretty well!

Supplies used:

Stamp: Humor in High Heels; Cardstock: Bashful Blue, Rose Red, So Saffron, WW and Jr Varsity DP; Inks: Black, Saffron, Bashful Blue, Rose Red and Old Olive; Accessories: Blender Pen, Bashful Blue Ribbon, Fresh Favorites I Eyelets, Dimensionals


Lauren is back with her Saturday Sketches! Did you all see her exciting news last week? She is designing templetes for PTI!

Earlier in the week, Lauren has shown some of her PTI samples this week and how she created quick and easy Christmas cards that could be mass produced. Now I don't normally mass produced anything but this year I may just need to do a little of that. So....I ran with Lauren's idea and made a set of 4 of this card. It has a little bit of dimension but should fit in a regular envelope and not require extra postage in Canada.
Stop by the other Saturday Sketch girls blogs to see what they have created too!
Alicia Weimen
Kim Gasper
Kirsten Dubosque
Kristy Vernon
MacKenzie Bruckler
Maria Levine
Tamara
Supplies Used:
Stamps: A Tree for All Seasons, Best Yet; Cardstock: Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy, WC paper; Inks: Black Stazon, Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze; Accessories: Sponges, Aqua Painter, Snowflake Punch, Misc snowflake brad, Dimensionals
I have a quick picture of Renee and I from last night's outing to the Jubilations Dinner Theatre. We saw CSI Edmonton and it was a RIOT! There were a TON of SU! demos there...none of which talked to us though....haha! Thanks Renee for inviting me to come along...let's do it again soon!


Thanks for stopping by today!

37 comments:

Bethany Paull said...

Gorgeous cards Dawn! Love all of the brads and eyelets. Enjoy your blog break if you choose to take one. You deserve it.

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my gosh, what a great picture of you and Renee!! Always fun to hang out with a fellow SCS'er.

I love the *change of a dress* card. I've seen that image, but never saw (or well, noticed) the funny sentiment. hehe, cracked me up.

We'll miss you while you're on break...but I certainly understand. Go enjoy some time to yourself. {hugs}

Lauren (mytime) said...

I haven't been blog hopping in forever!! Or at least it feels that way. These are all just sp oretty Dawn! Love your Christmas card. You did great with the sketch! Just awesome.

Christina Fischer said...

LOVE your cards, Dawn! The colors are fantastic, and they are just perfect for the challenges!

Look at you and Renee!! Great photo! Lucky me -- I get to work with both of you!!! :)

Take care of yourself, girl -- sometimes you just need to take a break and recharge! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

A blog break?? WTF - what other site am I going to stop at every morning at 4:30?? LOVE the little dress card!

Unknown said...

Hi Dawn! I love the cards. Especially the change of address one. You can send that one to live with me if you'd like. LOL!

I too check your blog out daily. And if this is your idea of "funk" girl, send some of that funk my way. LOL! I enjoy your blog but Will try my very best to understand if you must take a break. I just started my own blog and I don't know how you girls manage life and blogging daily. I am trying to post everyday but I et the feeling that it just might not happen. LOL!

THanks for sharing your masterpieces. Take care.

Betty J Schaub said...

Dawn, I pop in here every chance I get, mostly daily! Hope your funk doesn't alst long.

Your cards are always fab. You put together colors and patterns like no one else. Thanks for sharing and always being an inspiration.

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Adorable dress cards...I think I need that set now! Great job with Lauren's sketch, and how fun that you got to meet up with Renee! Did you get into the regionals after all?

Cindy Haffner said...

Hey Dawn love all your cards, and great picture of you and Renee, i'm so jealous. Enjoy your break it's well deserved.

Nancy Riley said...

Dawn, your Humor In High Heels cards are AWESOME!!!! I especially love the paper piercing, ribbon and dp in the first one, and the row of eyelets on the second card really caught my eye! You KNOW how much I love an all-SU card! *wink*

Weird funk? Your artwork certainly doesn't show any signs of that, dear! You are always so committed to posting daily, and are always cranking out unbelievably fantastic designs! Blogging is a time-consuming thing, and even though I'm not sure how I would act not seeing your artwork every day for awhile, I totally understand any break you need right now, my friend!

Gol', I'm sooo jealous of that photo of you and Renee! Someday, girlfriend, we'll be able to post a photo of OUR live, in-person meeting! That is so cool that you got to meet Renee --- her work is AWESOME!!!

Enough rambling ... have a FANTASTIC weekend!!!!

Nancy Riley said...

btw ... I love your card for Lauren's sketch too! Super duper CUTE!!!!

Lori said...

Love these cards! I am so regretting not adding Humor in High Heels to my last SU! order . . .

kathleenh said...

Beautiful dress cards! I love all of the white brads in the corners!

Anonymous said...

I love these cards. I hope you feel better soon and if you need to take a break we will miss you but it is understandable. Hope you have a good weekend. TFS.

Debbi/Phx AZ

Amy Sheffer said...

Awww, look at that great shot of you and Renee!! You girls are gorgeous!! How fun that you got to meet!! Your card today are fantastic, Dawn. You're even more amazing than I thought already if you were able to crank these out while in a funk!! Of anyone, YOU deserve a break if you choose to take one. Big hugs to you!!

Mary said...

Great work! I love al lthe cards you shared!

Jessie/knightrone said...

All of your cards are fabulous!! Love the pic of you too!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Lovely cards, Dawn! That paper looks great with those cute dresses. And your smiling pic is just darling. You're so adorable! :)

Kelly Schelske said...

My goodness Dawn, I wouldn't say that you're in funk by the look of these beauties but I definitely understand the need of a blog break. You are so dedicated to creating and posting daily, even when gone on holidays!! They are both fabulous cards though!! Great pict of you and Renee, I bet you had a fabulous time!! Have a super weekend!! Hugs, Kelly

Heather Schlatter said...

Dawn,

A need for a Blog Break is completely understandable! You share so much every day, everyone needs some time off now and then. You cards today are stunning I especially like the Lauren SS!

I hear you when I use non SU supplies it is mostly because it is somthing SU does not have like my Bella's and my Lily and Billy stamps. If SU had somthing like them I would be using that. 90% of what I use is SU though, and you do such a wonderful job on all your creations!

Heather

Lynda Benden said...

Well, I think your cards are AWESOME and don't reflect any funk!!! I hope you are feeling better and quit being GRUMPY!!!! LOL!!!! Really Dawn, your cards are beautiful!

Deborah said...

Hope you cheer up soon Dawn! Sometimes stepping away for a bit is like a rest well needed! Not that you will get any! LOL! You are so busy with your kids and school now! Love the cute picture of you and your friend! Take care! Hugs, Deb

Rose Ann said...

What a great photo of your and Renee!! How fun!!

I love your pretty High Heels cards!! Such pretty colors and papers...and I love that dress!! Your Christmas card is darling as well!!

About the blog break...I think they are needed sometime. Hugs!!

Renée said...

Dawn, your cards are FABULOUS! Take a blog break if you need it, we'll still be here waiting to see what you come up with. Your work is always great and these cards show it.

The dinner theatre WAS awesome and I'm so glad we got to meet!!! Totally up to doing it again!

Catherine said...

all 3 cards are just beautiful and love your pic :)

Anonymous said...

Your cards are beautiful, Dawn!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Beautiful cards Dawn! Your layouts are fresh and fun and the colors are amazing!

Have a wonderful weekend and I hope you are feeling better!
Jennifer :)

Ashley Newell said...

Cute cards and that is SUCH a darling picture of you guys Dawn!

Allison Rankin said...

Lovely work Dawn! Looks like you had fun at regionals!

Carolyn King said...

ohh love em...the colors of the dress cards are awesome. Great picture too! Enjoy your break--you deserve it!

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

Take a break and don't feel guilty about it. It happens and it's better to take a break than to not enjoy it. We'll be here when you get back! Your cards are gorgeous, BTW!

Julia said...

I hope you guys had fun! Love all the cards....the dress is adorable : )

Enjoy your break! You definitely deserve one. We'll be here still stalkin' your blog when you get back. LOL!

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Great photo! Cute card. Enjoy your break and good luck getting your yard work ready for winter. We will be here when you get back!! I cannot imagine you ever in a stamping funk!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Super pretty! Love the eyelets and the argyle (How CUTE!) and you ROCKed that little tree! (Glad I didn't sell it, lol) :O)

Heather Schlatter said...

Dawn,
Yea.. for you! I see you are taking that much needed blog break today!

Good you deserve it!

I finally had time to play with Laurens sketch last night. I did 3 different takes on it here on my blog:

http:/heathersheavinlystampations.blogspot.com

However if you are getting that much needed break you might not want to do any blog hopping to see the sketches! LOL :-)

Emily said...

love your stuff, here is my take if you get bored

http://emily-buzzyblogger.blogspot.com/

Stamp and Smile said...

Hi Dawn... Some super nice cards you have posted! Love the detail and colors you picked. A break is good now and them. I'm sure you will have your creative juices flowing again soon... Michelle :)