Thursday 23 October 2008

Good Thursday Morning!

Good Morning!

Did you happen to stop by the OCC blog yesterday to see Julee's mid-week challenge?

I decided to make a second card using her Vintage Values technique.

This is almost a SU! only card, except I got lazy and decided to use the butterfly punch instead of cutting some out....lol

Stamps: Best Yet, Amazing; Cardstock: Really Rust, Choc Chip, WW and Autumn Vine DP; Inks; Choc chip, Creamy caramel, Sage shadow, Really rust; Accessories: Sponges, Martha butterfly punch, Choc poly twill, Dimensionals

Wednesday also brought the Sketch Challenge on SCS. After doing a little bit of running around in the morning for school stuff, I came home to make a quick card before heading to the school to work.

I wanted to use a stamp from SUINK's Vote for Me that I hadn't inked up yet.

It's PINK week on SCS but I couldn't quite get pink to work here....lol

We had our election here in Canada last week but I'll send this off to Denise at SUINK to use.

Stamps: Vote for Me; Cardstock: Not Quite Navy, Old Olive, WW, Core'dinations Blue and Maine Blueberry DP; Inks: Memento Black, Old Olive; Accessories: Copics, Large Star Punch, 1/2" and 3/4" circle punch, Dimensionals, Mat pack and Paper piercer



Thanks for stopping by today!

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that first card - kinda like the one with the doves that you sent me before. And hey - your post doesn't look WONKY today! - LOL

Anonymous said...

Dawn:
Your work is so amazing...I love stopping by every day to see what you've been up to.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Jennifer Batchelor

Anonymous said...

Another great pair of cards to wake up to! Nice work, Dawn.

Jessica Diedrich said...

Oooooh Dawn LOVE that butterfly card! Colors are awesome, too! Great cards!

Cindy Haffner said...

Love your buttterflies, Dawn, and the other card is so cute, TFS.

Jennifer Meyer said...

Your butterfly card is beautiful Dawn, I too will have to try this technique again!

LOVE the second card too, great design and image.

Jennifer :)

Catherine said...

Dawn, both cards are so pretty. Your butterfly card..just gorgeous. Love that you colored your image the same way your PP. And don't you just love MS punch line to make our lives a little easier :)

Lisa Nagata said...

Hi Dawn
Love the first card, Fabulous!!!!
But all your cards are Fabulous.Have a WONDERFUL day!!I miss our morning calls.

Allison Rankin said...

Great job...I am so going to dry that technique myself!

Renée said...

both are fabulous, Dawn. Love the sponging on the first, and yes, the punch is a heck of a lot easier! the second card is cute too. love the colours together, I have to get that paper ...

Jackie Pedro said...

The first card is BEAUTIFUL, Dawn! Love the sponging and the fall colors...

The second card is too cute. Love the image and the colors...

Denise Marzec said...

Your cards are beautiful, and I LOVE this one for Julee's Vintage Verve technique. Beautiful!

...and I would totally punch a butterfly before cutting one out too, LOL!

Mandy said...

I love the butterfly card! Absolutely stunning! The voting card is wonderful too! Thanks for sharing all your creations!
- Mandy

Paula Barin said...

Love the fall card and the vote for me card is so cute.

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Love the butterflies! Awesome card girl!

Unknown said...

Great use of the Stampin' Up DP's!! I love the sponging on the butterfly card-- and that was a great way to use the Martha Stewart Butterfly punch!

Anonymous said...

I love the fall colors on the first card! Gorgeous! And the voting card is adorable!

Jennifer Love said...

Oh Dawn, these are just wonderful!

Carolyn King said...

Great cards--love how they are so different from each other..that first one is a stunner and the second-adorable!

Deborah said...

Lovely as can be your vintage feel card! VOTE! very cool card! We still have almost two weeks left of political bashing! LOL! Deb

Stamp and Smile said...

Super cards! Love the colors and layers... as usual nice works of art! Michelle :)

Betty J Schaub said...

Dawn: 2 beautiful and fun cards. Love the little cnadidate! And the butterlfies!!!

LORi said...

ALL of your cards are just SUPER!! You are very talented!! I will be checking back!! :)

Rose Ann said...

Your Friends card is absolutely GORGEOUS, and your little voter is so cute!!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Love your Friend card...colours, sponging and butterflies..it just makes me sigh! Your little voter is really cute too!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, Dawn, love the sponging on your butterfly card. Funny, I was just going to say it makes me sigh, and I looked up and saw that's what Laura wrote! GTMA