Wednesday 15 October 2008

Good Wednesday Morning!

Happy October 15th!
It's Dirty Dozen reveal day!! You should pop on over to SCS to see who the newest Dirty Girls are. You must be a Fan Club member to see the gallery though...sorry :(
Yesterday Emily gave us a colour challenge which as soon as I saw black listed there, I knew it would be a challenge. I LOVE seeing what others can do with black cardstock but I always struggle with it. So best thing I could do was keep it to a minimum...lol
I used one of my fave SU! sets...Upsy Daisy. This is a SU! ONLY card.
Stamps: Upsy Daisy; Cardstock: Pink Pirouette, Basic Black, WW and Bella Rose DP; Inks: Pink Pirouette, Black; Accessories: Ticket Corner Punch, Pink Pirouette Ribbon, SU scalloped edge punch, Dimensionals
This week at All That Scraps....
Jen challenged us to be inspired by RIBBON. I recently received some cool Strano ribbons and grabbed one of them and went with it. Do you see how I was inspired...rofl....remember inspiration pieces aren't my fave ;) but I'm always up for a challenge! I've used Diane's new set called Annabelle which you can get at All That Scraps.

Stamps: Annabelle; Cardstock: Green Galore, Glorious Green, Regal Rose, Lovely Lilac, WW; Inks: Adirondack Black, Versafine Black; Accessoires: Paper Piercer, Long Rectangle Nesties, Copics, Strano Ribbon, Heidi Swapp Ghost Flower, Bazzill Flowers, Primas, Rhinestone Brad, Dimensionals

Thanks for stopping by!
My SU! order arrived after 6pm yesterday and I had no time to play with it...bummer! I'll make time this afternoon though ;)

27 comments:

corinnesomerville said...

Your cards are beautiful and adorable ! The look on the cow's face is priceless !!! It's the same look I have on my face when I'm trying to figure out what to make for supper every night :)

I'm so glad you guys had a nice Thanksgiving....ham sounds wonderful !!! It's a good thing that Christmas isn't that far away so we can do turkey again :)

Love ya...

Kristie W. said...

Great cards! The Upsy Daisy one is so pretty, love the color combo.

Jessie/knightrone said...

Both your cards are adorable!!!

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Oh Dawn, the pink and black is gorgeous. Love how you placed the daisies and the ribbon.

Betty J Schaub said...

Lovely card Dawn and with all that pastel pink it's easy to see how this could very simply translate into an announcement of a new baby girl!
Beautiful.

Renée said...

saw the colour one on SCS, it's still gorgeous!!! Your ribbon inspired one is fabulous too! Love your colour choice and layout.

Lisa Nagata said...

Awesome cards Dawn. Loving the cow one ,Love the colours you have used. Have a GREAT day.

Christina Fischer said...

Great cards, Dawn!! Love the pink with just the pop of black -- so pretty! Your ribbon card is soooo cute and fun! :)

Shelly said...

Beautifully done even if you struggle with black. (shaking my head in wonder here) And the cow card is just plain fun!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful card for the CC..you did black wonderful here, and Annabelle looks marvelous!

Anonymous said...

Cute, cute, cute love that cow and that saying is fun also love the colors. TFS.

Debbie/Phx AZ

Allison said...

Love the pink and black one - it's gorgeous!

A lil' bit about me said...

Great color challenge card! I can't use Black at all. I tried and tried to participate but it was too stark next to that beautiful pink! You did a great job with it though.

Rose Ann said...

Your daisy card is so soft and pretty, and the black really pops!! Love your adorable Annabelle too!! Fun colors and pretty ribbon!!

Carolyn King said...

Beautiful---love them both and i love the black--really makes the pink pop!

Julia said...

Love the cc card. It is so soft and pretty. The second card is awesome. Those colors would brighten anyones day : )

Cindy Haffner said...

OMG Dawn that cow is so cute, love your pink card tooo.

Allison Rankin said...

Love that Upsy Daisy card. Can I just say that the cow is disturbing?

Marilyn said...

Darling cards Dawn!! Love the pink Upsy Daisy - soo pretty!! Can't wait to see what you come up with your new SU order!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pink and black card! And I just love that cow. lol. So cute!

Catherine said...

your first card is gorgeous,the 2nd one is just too cute :)

Deborah said...

Sweetness on your pink daisys Dawn! This cow is funny! She looks likes she is having a senior moment! He he! Hugs, Deb

Anonymous said...

It's 4:48 on October 16th - where are you?!?!

diane zechman said...

super cute Dawn! I love it!

Lynn Put said...

Your Upsy Daisy card is beautiful, I love the soft pink colors and designer paper! The cow card is a crack up and the bright colors are so fun!

Curt in Indy said...

Love the colors you used on this card! And the image is absolutely adorable! Great job! Best, Curt

Libby Hickson said...

Love your pink & black card - I'd never guess you don't like using black!