Monday 19 May 2008

A bunch of good stuff....

Good Monday Afternoon!
It's Victoria Day here in Canada so the family is all home today. We've each been doing our own things and I've gotten so much done! Love when that happens!
Today on SCS is the Try A New Technique Challenge. Now this is one I've done before for a teacher who was expecting a baby. I made a bag like this below with some little cards to go inside.
I hadn't used the Summer Picnic DP(well at least not this pattern) lately and thought this was a perfect time to pull it out. I thought about putting some little chocolates inside the bag but then Brian may have been upset if I gave them away....lol....so I went with 2 small 4x4 cards. Pretty simple and straightforward.
Stamps: Tart & Tangy, Much Appreciated; Cardstock: Real Red, Whisper White and Summer Picnic DP; Accessories: Circle Punch, Circle Nesties, Dimensionals, Slit Punch, Red Grosgrain Ribbon, Crop A Dile
Yesterday I worked on a Father's Day card using the Jack Handyman from CC Designs at All That Scraps. I also used the Happy Thoughts from Verve Visual for the sentiment. I bought these screw brads at a LSS last month and had forgotten about them :(

Stamps: CC Designs, Verve Visual: Cardstock: Brocade Blue, Choc Chip, WW and White Out DP; Inks: Adirondack Black, Choc chip, Brocade Blue; Accessories: Copic Markers, Screw Brads, 5/8" Brocade Blue Ribbon

I've admired Michelle Wooderson for sometime now and how she can mass produce such wonderful cards. Well these cards below are inspired by her!!! I've totally CASED her idea. I did change the Designer Paper, Stamps and CS colours. The basic idea is hers though. Last night I stamped a bunch of cupcakes and sat down to colour them while watching Desperate Housewives...lol This morning I put it all together.


Stamps: Hero Arts Cupcakes; Cardstock: PTI White, Bashful Blue, Real Red, 3BugsInARug DP; Inks: Adirondack Black; Accessories: Copic Markers, Clear Stardust Pun, White Brads, Circle and Rectangle Nesties, Dimensionals

Thanks for stopping by today!

It's been very productive but I still have more time and more stuff to stamp!

21 comments:

Dottie K. said...

Wow you have been a busy bee. I just love Mishes blog alos. I cased one of her sketches and I always have done mass producting. They make great sets to have on hand for gifts or to grab and send a quick card out. Of course I love that bag and adorable cards you made. Perfect for a teacher. Great father's day card. Cute stamp. Ooohhh love those cupcake cards. I need to try the postage stamp layout. Love all the diffrent sentiments you have. So adorable and I like that 3Bug paper. :)

kat said...

As always, beautiful cards! Thanks for sharing them with all of us. I LOVE this cupcake set and have mine on order; now I'm more anxious than ever to get it.

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Beautiful Job! You inspire us too...I too watch DH and was so shocked when they showed 5 years later??? Wonder why they are jumping through the years...and susan is NOT with Mike? What are your thoughts or takes on the episode?

Nancy Riley said...

Happy Victoria Day, Dawn!

Dawn + Mass Production = WATCH OUT!

Mauna said...

Hi Dawn! Boy have you been a busy little beaver! All the cards are gorgeous too! Mass producing looks like a good thing to try. Enjoy the rest of your day off.

Anonymous said...

Dawn, your cards always look fantastic!
Hugs and smiles

Melissa said...

Simply fabulous!

Many Blessings,
M.

Alex said...

Wow! You sure have been busy, girl - these are all FABULOUS! I really love that little bag and those cards, but I have to say the cupcake cards are pretty stinkin' adorable too! And, the dad's card is rockin'! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Allison Rankin said...

You are just pumping them out, ain't ya? Great job!

Michelle said...

Supah dupah! Love them, I love the mass producing ones...that's what I'm doing right now...mass producing!

Deborah said...

Sounds like you made the most of your holiday up there! I know my DD & her family went to Lake Louise Chateau for the long weekend. So pretty there! Your cards are ALL fabulous! Can you beleive the ending on DHW! OMG! Long wait now, and short season to boot! Take care, Deb

Cindy Haffner said...

Dawn I love alll your cards, so pretty, I just love cupcake cards. Thanks for stopping by my blog this is all new to me and it's nice to see a friend. Please go ahead and add me, mind if I add you? Well i'm going ahead and adding you I'm sure yu wouldn't mind,

jjcreations said...

Good to see you had such a productive weekend too. It's great when that happens..... I love you little bag and I love all the little cupcake cards. That designer page has fabulous colours. Bright and fun. Have a great week. Joan

Anonymous said...

Dawn these are all so fabulous... where to begin... It would take me days to come up with all these great card designs AND a gift bag to boot! You are Superwoman!

Christina Fischer said...

Girl, how DO you do it?!?!? I love all those cupcake cards! Everything you create is always fabulous! :)

Anonymous said...

All very, very cute!!! I especially love the cupcake sets!! (Sheesh...I'm going to HAVE to get some of those Nesties...)

Denise G said...

Dawn,
I love the cupcakes... thanks for sharing the great ideas. They are so cute!

I love the new photo of you. You look so different!

I love your blog and you are an inspiration.

Denise G

Sandy said...

Great fathers day card!!

Renee said...

Your work is awesome! I'm glad I found your blog :)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Wow, I have missed SO MANY fabulous creations! See what happens when I get behind in my blog reading?

Rose Ann said...

Goodness girl!! You always blow me away with all of your creations!! Not only can you produce, but everything looks FANTASTIC!! I LOVE it all!!!