Tuesday 6 May 2008

Colour Challenge and RAKS

Good Tuesday Afternoon!
My day WAS going good til I had a run in with another parent at the school. This woman has a MAJOR chip on her shoulder and doesn't like anyone....I swear to goodness! Now I have a killer headache and this incident has sucked all the creativity out of me...ugh!
I did manage to get this card done earlier today with my neighbour, friend and new stamper, Lisa. She came by and we each worked on todays SCS Colour Challenge.
Lovely Lilac, Pretty in Pink and Certainly Celery.
Stamps: High Hopes, Lizzie Anne Designs; Cardstock: Lovely Lilac, Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink, WW and Watercolour paper; Inks: Black Stazon, Lovely Lilac and SU! Markers; Accessories: Rectangle Nesties, Slit Punch, Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch, Dimensionals, Aqua Painter, 5/8" Celery Ribbon, Glitter
Yesterday I had a GREAT mail day!!
I received this great package from Kelly at Crafting Creatively!
She sent me tons of stamped High Hopes and Magnolia images PLUS this great scrapbook. Thanks so much Kelly!

Lori from Inking Aloud sent me this wonderful card and a whole bunch of Georgia Pacific white cardstock. We can't get it in Canada so it was super sweet of her to send me some to try out! Thanks so much Lori!

Thanks for stopping by today!

I'm off to take something for the headache...lol!

22 comments:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

I've just discovered your blog...it's wonderful! I've recently fallen in love with High Hopes stamps! You'll have a ball with these images! Your card is just adorable! Sorry to hear about your headache! Feel better! :D

Debbie said...

Fantastic cards and RAKs. I hope you are feeling better soon. (Aren't parents just a joy to deal with some days?? (I am a teacher....so I feel your pain!))

{Stampin' Hugs}

Maria said...

Hey Dawn,

I'm sorry to hear that you had a run in with a grumpy parent! Dealing with grumpy parents are not fun! LOL!

Well, your card turned out fabuloulsly. The image sure is cute and I love your layout.

Wow, you received such nice goodies! Lucky you!!

Maria

Dottie K. said...

So sorry you had a bad day and don't feel well. Your card is adorable and cute RAK's. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Dawn! I am sorry you got another headache! I hope it will go away soon.
Your card looks wonderful!
Big cyber hugs

Deborah said...

Don't let one rotten apple spoil the basket! Sorry she stressed your little head out! I adore your card! Just the cutest stamp and perfect sentiment! Fab RAKS! Whoohoo! Hope your achie head is better now! Have a good evening! Deb

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! That first card is totally adorable! And what an awesome package to receive in the mail! Fun, fun, fun!

Lori said...

Love your color challenge card--that image is adorable! Hope you're feeling better . . .

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear about the Negative Nelly...keep your chin up...we love you!!
oh dear, after typing that I can't remember your projects...I scare myself...have a good night..hope your headache is gone by tomorrow :)

Kelly Schelske said...

You are more than welcole Dawn and I am glad you are enjoying everything!!! Hope your headache goes away and you feel better! Hugs!!K

Anonymous said...

Awww.. sorry to hear about the nasty parent! Some people like to rain on everyones parade.. ;) Don't let it get to ya! You don't deserve it!!

Love your card, Dawn!! Just adorable!! :)

jjcreations said...

Love the little glittery butterfly on the top card. Sorry to hear that you had to deal with a grumpy parent.....I know how that goes!!!! I like the bottom flower card too....soft and bright at the same time.
Good luck with the headache.
Joan

Deb Neerman said...

Geez, can I come over and work on SCS challenges with you too?!?

Love the card!

~Hugs, Deb

Bethany Paull said...

Bummer about the parent, and subsequent headache. It's great that you have somebody to stamp with though. Darling card with that sparkly butterfly.

Rose Ann said...

I'm sorry you had to deal with Ms. Chip, and hope you're feeling better!

Your card is so soft and pretty, and I love your coloring!

What a great RAK!!! Can't wait to see what you do with your goodies!!

Alhambra Club said...

Love your card and what wonderful goodies you received. Some people are just not happy unless they are spreading doom and goolm.

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Your challenge card is adorable..love all the scallops! And aren't you just so lucky! I am looking forward to seeing what you do with all those images!

Deb said...

Love your gorgeous card! Fabulous Rak and card too! sorry to hear you had such a rotten morning, hope your headache has cleared!

Lauren (mytime) said...

AWE! Im sorry you had to deal with a nasty parent. Hope your headache goes away! I get those from stress too. LOVIN your cards girl! And look at those Magnolia stamp images. My eye has been on those for a while!! Just had a minute to pop in and say hi. Im off & running, but misses visiting here.

Donna Baker said...

I love your CC card - it's so fresh & Springy!

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet image. Love both cards. And sorry about your day at school...

Anonymous said...

Those colorful kid cards are AWESOME!!