Friday 30 May 2008

Hey Chicky ATS sketch

Amy from Prairie Paper and Ink has given the ATS design team a sketch to work on for today. I wanted to keep this fairly simple and flat so I could pop it in the mail this weekend. I knew I wanted to use the fun flock that I had been collecting dust on the shelf but the Lemonade was a little bright. So I coloured the chick with a darker yellow copic marker first. That seemed to tone it down a little.
We'd love for you to join us and play along. You will be able to check out the sketch on the ATS Blog.
Stamps: Hey Chicky; Cardstock: Cool Caribbean, Yo Yo Yellow, WW and White Out Collection DP; Inks: Adirondack Black; Accessories: Copic Markers, 2 way glue pen and Lemonade Fun Flock, 1" and 1 1/4" circle punch, Key Tag Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Dimensionals and Paper Piercer
Thanks for stopping by! I'll be back a little later with a few other cards....I hope ;)

18 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

What a great card, love your flocked chickie, this is such a great stamp,love it

Christina Fischer said...

SO cute!! I love that paper! The flocking looks great!

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

So cute!Have a fantastic weekend.

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh Dawn what a sweetie, love the circles, wonderful job.

corinnesomerville said...

Oh my gosh...this both adorable and just way toooooo cute !! Love the layout and your finished card is just too sweet !!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is adorable, Dawn! I always LOVE the colors you use! So happy and bright!

Renée said...

I love the use of the fun flock Dawn!! The chickie looks fabulous!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Super cute card Dawn, the flock looks so sweet on him.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend,
Jennifer :)

Dottie K. said...

This is just so cute. Love the colors. :)

Anonymous said...

Ok I must admit I did look at your awesome card which is sooo adorable BUT OMG look at you GF! Your hair is AWESOME I love your new color and Looks fabulous with your Brown eyes .. WOW what a knock out you are girlie ..
and your just as beautiful on the inside as the outside .. Love your new look ..
xox
Dawn Griffith

Anonymous said...

What a cute and happy card! Love the paper you chose, love the adorable stamp, the happy colors and the way you layered your sentiment! Awesome, like always!
Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs and smiles

Kelly Schelske said...

Very, very cute! The flock looks great and I love the way you layered your sentiment!! Super! Have a super weekend!!

Allison Rankin said...

Another winner but posting at 6 AM? Are you nuts?

Anonymous said...

One of the cutest chicky cards I've seen! Love that patterned paper! So bright and cheery!

Lori said...

This is adorable! Love the flocked chick.

Rose Ann said...

I love your fuzzy chick and the pretty patterned paper!! Sooo cute!!

jjcreations said...

This is very cute...having a fluffy chick is awesome and I like the way you layered the different punches in the corner....very creative. Joan

Jessie/knightrone said...

Omgosh girl, this is just the cutest card ever!! I love it!!