Saturday 17 May 2008

SFYTT cards

Good Saturday Afternoon!
Hope you all are having nice weather like we are. It's a long weekend in Canada and we were supposed to go down to Idaho to see a friend but plans changed and now we are sitting at home. At least I have a hobby to keep me busy ;)
These cards are for Jen's sketch on her blog today. I always like to do one SU! only card and one that's a mish mash of supplies. Don't look too closely at my Rain or Shine card...I dropped the sentiment and smeared my E on shine...ugh....but I know my Mom will love the card no matter what!
Stamps: Live Your Dream; Cardstock: Soft Sky, Wild Wasabi, WW and Afternoon DP; Inks: Soft Sky, Wild Wasabi; Accessories: Striped Wasabi Ribbon, Silver Brads, 1/4" circle punch, Small Corner Rounder Punch, Dimensionals
Stamps: MFT Rain or Shine; Cardstock: Cool Caribbean, WW and White Out DP by WeRMemoryKeepers; Inks: Adirondack Black, Versafine Black; Accessories: Copic Markers, Dew Drops and Dimensionals
Thanks for stopping by today!

14 comments:

Kelly Schelske said...

They both look great. I love the Afternoon Tea SU paper and the funky papers you used for Rain or Shine as well..super job!! Hope you're having a great weekend...it's 28 here right now...oh so nice:-)

jjcreations said...

Both of these are wonderful. I bright bold paper's on the card for you mom. I also like the top card...it's so tranquil looking.

By the way...just as a point of reference because you are not very far away from me....Ya know the fire that was raging on Friday afternoon just west of Bruderheim.....well, Amy and I teach in Bruderheim. A bit scary, we passed fire vehicles heading towards the fire as we were driving home, didn't have any idea what was going on. Thank goodness the fire didn't get as far as the town.

Enjoy the sun and heat, Joan

Alex said...

I think these are both great cards Dawn - I jut love that weinie dog since I have two of them - LOL! I love that soft, pretty card for Jen's sketch, just fabulous!

Enjoy the good weather - hey, a long weekend to stamp, not too bad :-)

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Sears Family said...

wow! I love them both!!!!

Anonymous said...

these are awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Both cards are gorgeous! I love the SU one. I need to use that set more.
I hope you are having a great weekend. Hugs and smiles

Rose Ann said...

I'm so glad you are getting some nice weather, Dawn!! I'm also happy that you chose such a hobby, 'cause your cards are amazing...girl!! I love them both!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, beautiful cards Dawn! we are having great weather too!!

Donna Baker said...

love your cards as usual! I really liked Jen's sketch even though she wasn't too crazy about it (I even tried it but still have to upload the card) enjoy your holiday/nice weather!

Allison Rankin said...

Rocking cards as always...you could always just send me photos, I could post them on my blog and then take credit for it...I mean, if you want...

Anonymous said...

the anon. comment above is me. i hit enter to early :) these are really great!

corinnesomerville said...

Happy Victoria Day to you too !!! Sorry your plans changed :(

Love your cards...great layouts ! Have to try these myself. Oh and that smudged image...it's like looking at a train wreck...how could you possibly even post such a card...hehehehe. If I had a dollar for every time I smudged an image on a card...I'd be a millionaire :)

Bethany Paull said...

I love color, and you always have the best combos. And these are no exception. Great!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

What wonderful sketch cards! The first one is stunning! So elegant! The second card is adorable and the colors are perfect for this image! :D