Wednesday 28 May 2008

Sketch Challenge Card and CC Designs DT Challenge Card

Good Wednesday Morning!
I'm going to quickly share a couple of cards with you then I MUST get my cards finished for my workshop with the girls. I still have one more card to create....thinking I may do the Carousel Notes...
This first card is for todays Sketch Challenge on SCS. I have no idea why the DP is so pink in the picture...lol...but it's not like that IRL.
Stamps: Tart & Tangy; Cardstock: Real Red, WW and Summer Picnic DP; Inks: Real Red, Close to Cocoa, Old Olive; Accessories: Photo Corner Punch, Scallop Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Dimensionals, Paper Piercer
Christine from All That Scraps issued the DT a challenge to make something with 3 different ribbons on it. I'm not sure I have used this cat from It's My Birthday before and thought he'd be perfect for today! I coloured him with my Copic Markers from ATS. Christine has a set that closely matches the SU! colours which is fabulous!!
Stamps: CC Designs It's My Birthday; Cardstock: Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, WW and SEI DP; Inks: Adirondack Black; Accessories: Copic Markers, Rectangle Nesties, Misc Gingham Ribbon, Dimensionals, Stardust pen
Thanks for stopping by!

23 comments:

Kelly Schelske said...

Great cards Dawn! Love them both!!

Lorie said...

So cute Dawn!

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Love your sketch. I just ordered the DP paper too. Those cherries are so summery! Have fun at your workshop. Chris

Alhambra Club said...

Visiting your blog always puts a smile on my face, great cards.

Denise G said...

I love the cards.... both are so cute. Wish that you were doing a workshop at my house!

Denise G

Rose Ann said...

I love your delicious cherry card, Dawn!! Your birthday kitty is sooo cute too!! Love both of these!!

Dottie K. said...

Oh so cute! I love the ribbon on the 2nd one - very creative. :)

Anonymous said...

I love the kitty kat card. Too cute!! I need to get that set!
Cheers, Dee

Renee said...

I love them! Cute cute cute!

Heather said...

I love your sketch challenge card. Those cherries are great.

I, too have that "it doesn't look like this in real life" color problem. It has improved since I learned about contrast and mid-tone color adjustment with my photo editing software but shiny stuff usually throws me for a loop.

Denise Marzec said...

Awwww, both cards are so fun!! Love 'em!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE all the cherry cards...that's just such a greaty summery look.

Cindy Haffner said...

Dawn I love both these cards, so crisp and pretty.

Carolyn King said...

wonderful cards---love the cherries and the cc designs image is adorable--love that card! Great job! Good luck at your workshop!

Allison Rankin said...

These are super cute...love the kitty card (great take on the three ribbon challenge!).

jjcreations said...

Both of these are wonderful....I love the three ribbons on the cat card and the colours are great. Some day when I'm not so heavily into SU I must think about the whole nestabilities world....I love what you can do. Joan

Jessie/knightrone said...

Both of these are so super cute!! Love your sketch card!!

Anonymous said...

Wooohooooooooooooo!!
Both of these cards are delightful! Love 'em both!

~Bev

Anonymous said...

Both cards look wonderful!
I am excited to read that you are in the Great swap group now! We can swap together (if I get my act together and sign up for one. LOL)

Hugs and smiles

Becca said...

Hi Dawn: this is such a cute card. All of them are wonderful. Great colour choices, techniques and colouring.

Bela

Unknown said...

Totally adorable Dawn! The one with the 3 ribbons is super!! :)

Jill said...

Adorable cards! I think cherries are the perfect summer fruit (as my recent blog re-vamping will attest)!

Deborah said...

Love your cards here! Weird how sometimes the pink does that! I really like the way you use the 3 strips of ribbon on the second card, cuteness! Take care, Deb